Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I re-read the article and I didn't see any reference to Chrislam. It talked about Christian, Jewish, and Muslims representatives but not Chrislamic representatives.

I don't think I would label my views Chrislam either because the influence of the Quran is rather minimal in my worldview and comes mostly second hand via philosophers like Suhrawardi and Mulla Sadra or some of the Sufi poets like Ibn Arabi or Rumi.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I re-read the article and I didn't see any reference to Chrislam. It talked about Christian, Jewish, and Muslims representatives but not Chrislamic representatives.

I don't think I would label my views Chrislam either because the influence of the Quran is rather minimal in my worldview and comes mostly second hand via philosophers like Suhrawardi and Mulla Sadra.

Look up "Chrislam".

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wikipedia says it was a religion started in Nigeria in the 70's and it has around 1500 adherents. They follow both the Bible and the Quran. They practice some spiritual running rite where they run and run and run I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Wikipedia says it was a religion started in Nigeria in the 70's and it has around 1500 adherents. They follow both the Bible and the Quran.

Keep searching for the "latest" on it.

Upvote 0

benglobal

A square peg in a round hole.
Nov 3, 2010
✟15,349.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
In reference to previous mentions of worship. We are co- creators, so any worship or lack of comes from what we create NOW and weather it is in line or within an equal and balanced framework of this physical existence, both within the body and beyond it.

If your actions are equal and balanced internally and externally you worship god, if not the devil.

This links to what raze has said on post 37 on the free will thread. We are free to create what we wish and in doing so create the worship and weather it be godly or demonic through our actions and what god wills is balance and equality both within the body and beyond it, because to go against balance and equality creates dysfunction and destruction both internally and externally

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reference to previous mentions of worship. We are co- creators, so any worship or lack of comes from what we create NOW and weather it is in line or within an equal and balanced framework of this physical existence, both within the body and beyond it.

If your actions are equal and balanced internally and externally you worship god, if not the devil.

This links to what raze has said on post 37 on the free will thread. We are free to create what we wish and in doing so create the worship and weather it be godly or demonic through our actions and what god wills is balance and equality both within the body and beyond it, because to go against balance and equality creates dysfunction and destruction both internally and externally

We are "Creator" then?

Upvote 0

AskTheFamily

Mar 14, 2010
Ottawa
✟14,900.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
"Worthy of worship" is pretty subjective. A god is a divine being. A being that manifests the powers, energies, names, and attributes of God. As least that's the way I use the term. Worship isn't a big factor in that regard.

Yeah but a god is defined as that. If you believe saints are gods, you believe they are worthy worship, which means at least you worship them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny
We are "Creator" then?

No Brinny, as stated we are co- creators, big difference. Do you and I not co-create Brinny, here today. That does not mean that we are the creator, more the created-creating.

"Co-creators"? Of what?

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One World Religion

The King Abdullah Center for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue, initiated and financed largely by Saudi money, is set to have its seat in Vienna. Plans envision an organization with a governing body composed of 12 representatives from the world's five largest religions.

The governing body is set to be staffed by two Muslims (Sunni and Shiite), three Christians (Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox), a Buddhist, a Hindu and a Jew. The organization will also have a consulting body with 100 representatives from the five world religions plus other faiths as well as academics and members of civil society.

All of that has prophetic meaning behind it, too.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by visionary
One World Religion

The King Abdullah Center for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue, initiated and financed largely by Saudi money, is set to have its seat in Vienna. Plans envision an organization with a governing body composed of 12 representatives from the world's five largest religions.

The governing body is set to be staffed by two Muslims (Sunni and Shiite), three Christians (Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox), a Buddhist, a Hindu and a Jew. The organization will also have a consulting body with 100 representatives from the five world religions plus other faiths as well as academics and members of civil society.

All of that has prophetic meaning behind it, too.

It's the blatant apostasy spoken of in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
If you are "partaking of the divine nature"' then you are by extension divine or a god. You are what your nature is. We particpate in the divine nature through knowledge / Gnosis as per 2 Peter 1:3

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

My take on this:

I see the divine nature from a prophetic pov, as something we take on occasionally for short periods of time. As when a prophet is prophesying. Or when a person is operating in any of the other gifts of the Holy Spirit. For a short while, we are infused with the Spirit of God, and can minister to others on His behalf.

These times have a remarkable way of changing us. We see a "better" way to live. And if we pursue this lifestyle, we change. However, I am and always will be simply myself. *I* am not God.

When looking at divine creatures, I see the same principles apply. Angels are simply messengers of God. What does this mean? Are they themselves also perfect, as He is perfect? No. I believe the awesome divine nature we sometimes see in angels (as has been recorded about them) is also a temporary condition as God infuses them with His anointing to carry the message to us. This is also why it is so difficult not to fall on our feet and worship them. We sense the authority of our God, and mistake the messenger for the Author.

Angels in their ordinary state however, do not carry the weight of such glory. They may still be dazzling creatures, some being more beautiful than others, but they are just ordinary individuals not all that different from Man. Created by God, and learning still at His feet.

The trick I've learned, is to listen carefully for His Voice. It is when we get distracted by the messenger that we loose our way. We can't afford to forsake the task of following God in favor of hanging out with the last angel that brought His message to us!

This is a major problem for people when it comes to listening to the human messengers. We often have an awesome experience at Church, where God speaks to us mightily; but then we exchange the glory of God's presence for the instructions of Man. The very same people who carried God's Voice to us once, are now telling us to do things that displease Him. But I do not see this as a fault of the messengers, but rather a test from God to see if we will put any other gods before Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Scripture to support some of what I said in the last post:

Deut 13:1 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Upvote 0

benglobal

A square peg in a round hole.
Nov 3, 2010
✟15,349.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
"Co-creators"? Of what?

This current reality, warts and all.

For a Christian view, was Jesus not the son of god, god and man as one. He was both gods will (complete) and man made manifest and he co- created in his reality to remove imbalance and inequality in the world (his locality) through his free will thus showing the way. He left his way for others to follow as co- creators, to worship god as stated in post 87. True saints throughout history have applied themselves to this outlook. The hard part is getting off my backside to follow!!! A daily application.

Upvote 0