Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What religion am I?

My views on religion and spirituality have been influenced by the Bible , most especially by the writings of Paul and the words attributed to Jesus. To a degree both the so called Church Fathers and the Gnostic Christian Scriptures have played a role in my spiritual formation. I have great love and respect for the figure of Jesus and make use of the stories about him to guide my life. I also pray to Him every day. So, the obvious answer is Christian right?

Well, I also believe there are a multitude of gods* That the world and everything in it is en- souled (animism of a sort you could say) and that reality is non-dual in nature. I've probably been equally influenced by Platonism / Neo-Platonism, Depth Psychology ( Jung, Hillman, etc) and Heremeticism as I have been by the Bible. I also reject the idea that the Bible is the inerrant.

* I have no problem with praying to a varity of them either.

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Does a persons religion even need a name?

Not really, but there's usually a name nor any belief. I used to think I didn;t have a label when I was a UU, and then again when I went to pantheism.

As for what your beliefs are, I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds similar to Baha'i. You may want to consider reading about it if you haven't already. Also read up on Unitarian Universalism.

Upvote 0

Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The name of your religions is not as important as what you really believe.
There are many people who claim that they are following a certain religion but when they speak about their believes you will find that they are not true followers. And they will just give a wrong view of the religion which they claimed to be in.

Reactions: Hakan101
Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
What religion am I?

My views on religion and spirituality have been influenced by the Bible , most especially by the writings of Paul and the words attributed to Jesus. To a degree both the so called Church Fathers and the Gnostic Christian Scriptures have played a role in my spiritual formation. I have great love and respect for the figure of Jesus and make use of the stories about him to guide my life. I also pray to Him every day. So, the obvious answer is Christian right?

Well, I also believe there are a multitude of gods* That the world and everything in it is en- souled (animism of a sort you could say) and that reality is non-dual in nature. I've probably been equally influenced by Platonism / Neo-Platonism, Depth Psychology ( Jung, Hillman, etc) and Heremeticism as I have been by the Bible. I also reject the idea that the Bible is the inerrant.

Interesting. :cool:

I'm sort of a Hellenized Christian Mystic, I suppose. I've experienced (believe in?) animism, a form of eminationism, and have encountered a number of "other" gods and don't think they are necessarily bad. I find my relationship with God to be the most relevant of my spiritual experiences, and happily lay down all the rest at His feet if that is what's required to keep Him in my life. Most Christians seem to agree that this is what's necessary to maintain a relationship with Jesus, so I'm careful to consider their advice and pick my way through the mine field without letting my first priority suffer. :)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What religion am I?

Yet you have a "Christian" icon. How confused are you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What religion am I?

Umm, you need to stop. And while you're at it, you need to take down that Christian icon.

● Do not promote or proselytize religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity. For the purpose of these rules, Christianity is defined by Christian Forums' Statement of Faith.

You are in direct violation of promoting idolatry in opposition to the CF Statement of Faith:

CF supports the following as a statement of faith:

The Nicene Creed (with scriptural references)

We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)

And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And let me just add. This is supposed to be a CHRISTIAN Forum ( with emphasis on CHRISTIAN).

Jesus needs to sweep through and go all "you brood of vipers" on yall and all this mess that promotes something other than HIM.

And the Jesus + stuff is just as bad.

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 2 Peter 2:1-2

Upvote 0

leftrightleftrightleft

Jul 14, 2009
Canada
✟22,986.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What do you see the problem in the world (or individual) as and what do you see the solution to that problem being?

Yes. To get the right answer you must ask the right question. This is the right question.

If you don't see sin as the problem and you don't see Jesus as the solution, then I think it'd be pretty hard to legitimately keep that Christian icon.

There's many ways to see sin as the problem, and there's many ways to see Jesus as the solution. It can be literal or metaphysical or mystical or philosophical or experiential. It can be based on the individual or society as a whole. But I think the sin=problem;Jesus=solution is kind of the central basis that makes Christianity distinct from any other religion or philosophy.

Upvote 0
T

Tariki

There's many ways to see sin as the problem, and there's many ways to see Jesus as the solution. It can be literal or metaphysical or mystical or philosophical or experiential. It can be based on the individual or society as a whole. But I think the sin=problem;Jesus=solution is kind of the central basis that makes Christianity distinct from any other religion or philosophy.

I would say, given the first three sentences above, the "distinction" of Christianity would need to be called into question.

:)

(Obviously, one would need to blend "Jesus" into "Christ".......)

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
mm, you need to stop. And while you're at it, you need to take down that Christian icon.
I am a Christian. I was wondering if other people would label me one or not. I'm also calling into question the need for having a name for your beliefs as well.

● Do not promote or proselytize religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity. For the purpose of these rules, Christianity is defined by Christian Forums' Statement of Faith.
I'm not sure what that rule has to do with anything here. I never asked anyone to join my understanding of Christianity nor did I tell people they need to agree with me. I'm simply stating my beliefs.

I'm glad your so gung ho about the rules . Maybe you should become a mod? I'm part of a "brood of vipers" though so what do I know lol

The Nicene Creed (with scriptural references)
I do believe in one God (with a capital 'g'). I have no problem with the Nicene creed:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am a Christian. I was wondering if other people would label me one or not. I'm also calling into question the need for having a name for your beliefs as well.

I'm not sure what the rule has to do with anything here. I'm simply discussing my views I can grantee you there is no "proselytism" here.

I'm glad your so gung ho about the rules though. Maybe you should become a mod?

I do believe in one God (with a capital 'g'). I have no problem with the Nicene creed:wave:

You sound confused about what you believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And let me just add. This is supposed to be a CHRISTIAN Forum ( with emphasis on CHRISTIAN).

This isn't the "Gay Witches for Abortion" site? I thought the URL was just at typo.

"I'm ze vindow viper. I vipe ze vindows"

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I see ignorance as one of the major problems people are faced with and Christ as the solution. Christ is the true light who enlightens everyone.

Give Bible verses on Who Christ is, and isn't. Thank you.

Upvote 0