What questions do I need to ask while sharing the gospel or sharing my faith?

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I need help spreading the gospel. What questions do I need to ask while sharing the gospel or sharing my faith?

Well you could start by stating that God is King of Heaven, which is a wonderful place spoken of and revealed in the Bible. And that Jesus performed many miracles proving he was God and that His words have power (promises). And that God (Jesus) taught the hope of the resurrection from the dead and salvation in heaven. That He died on the cross to redeem us, and appeared resurrected Himself to many. Baptism for the gift of the Holy Spirit helps us to be guided by God towards the resurrection and heavenly paradise.

You should have them read the bible passages that relate to those things also. At least that is a missionary approach. But it really depends on the audience. I would approach a conversation with a friend differently, but I like to glory in God's accomplishments.

Those are just some ideas :) Cheers.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I need help spreading the gospel. What questions do I need to ask while sharing the gospel or sharing my faith?

Why do you need a format? Everybody that loves God wants to talk about God, just not the same way or not to the same people. Why do you want to share the Gospel and share your faith? What exactly do you mean by that?

Upvote 0

Lanae

Sep 20, 2017
NC
✟46,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you need a format? Everybody that loves God wants to talk about God, just not the same way or not to the same people. Why do you want to share the Gospel and share your faith? What exactly do you mean by that?

to lead people to Christ

Upvote 0

SouthernBlessedOne

JustBoundless.com
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
✟22,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could ask them if they have heard of Jesus and who He is?
Have they read any of the Bible? Maybe suggest starting with the book of John.

Most of all, just keep it simple. Jesus simply commanded us to love one another as He loved.We are to serve others and show a love that others want to know more about. God bless you and may the Holy Spirit lead you!

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
to lead people to Christ
I guess I mean, do you want to lead people to Christ because you want to obey? Or do you want to do it because everybody says you should? Or do you want to do it because you want everybody to know the one you love --this great Creator and Redeemer?

Reactions: Lanae
Upvote 0

Lanae

Sep 20, 2017
NC
✟46,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I mean, do you want to lead people to Christ because you want to obey? Or do you want to do it because everybody says you should? Or do you want to do it because you want everybody to know the one you love --this great Creator and Redeemer?

I want everyone to know Jesus

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
to lead people to Christ
I wrote you a reply, and don't know if it posted or not. I don't see it.

What I think I'm getting as is what motivates you to do this --is it out of obedience to Christ, or conformity to what is expected by others, or out of wanting everyone to know the one who fills your heart? If it is the last, tell them about your life, and what God has done for you, and what you believe, and why you believe it. It will come naturally, I should expect.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I want everyone to know Jesus
Ok, Good. Thank God for that. Read the Scriptures as often and long as you reasonably can. Learn about him, tell people about him.

I know not everybody thinks the way I do, and some operate better by format, and that is fine, too. But I recommend getting to know people and caring about them. The rest should come, I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in heaven or hell?

Where do you think you will go when you die?

If God offered you a free gift, and I could show you from the Bible what that gift is, would you want to know?

Questions like that.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
look up ray Comfort. He asks them do they think they are a good person and do they think they will go to heaven. He then asks them if they have ever lied or lusted or taken Gods name in vain. They all admit they have. Then he shares the gospel that sinners cant get into heaven and present Jesus using many verses from Romans. It makes people aware they have sin and many are not ready to accept jesus but they know what side of a clear line they are on.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
to lead people to Christ
In order to gain the other person's ear, show that you genuinely care about them. In order to make them feel comfortable about opening up to you and be honest with you, communicate a genuine interest in them. Basically, be a friend and they will be more open to receive your advice.
Also, as they do share their struggles with you, address them at the level of the heart. People feel justified for their behavior, so it's important to help them realize that sin is fundamentally a matter of heart rebellion against God and His Word.
Most importantly, wait on the Lord. Don't force it on them, love them. Be patient and prayerful. This is spiritual battle and it belongs to the Lord. He is the Savior, not we.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Don't ask any questions, just tell your story and what the Lord has done for you. Scripture uses the term "witness" to describe the sharing of our faith, you are not called or expected to do anything beyond that. It is the Holy Spirit after all that draws people to the Faith, and not elaborate speeches, rhetoric, and soul winning strategies. Those things I think are often counter productive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
After you've shared your story, try listening.

Did you think you'd be able to ask a question that demands a quick decision for Jesus RIGHT NOW?

Upvote 0

Seun

Jul 11, 2018
Midwest
✟34,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think a good example of an evangelist is Ray Comfort! There are some others like Joe Kirby from off the kirb ministries and Phillip Blair from Touch of Christ ministries.

Upvote 0

ProjectExodus

Jan 25, 2019
Grand Manan
Visit site
✟8,683.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
You can ask if they believe in Jesus, and ask if you can share some truth. Share prophecy, or scripture. Definitely share the reason for his sacrifice and how one can be saved by being born again and accepting Jesus. I would deter from asking what they believe. It's not so important. Starting in by attacking personal beliefs right away may be the wrong angle. There will be enough assault on their system by sharing Jesus in general. If they bring up their beliefs, you can give logical input. Someone had already shared Living Waters. I would take some notes from that, though I don't like all his approaches. There's definitely something to be learned from Ray.

And get educated. In biblical archaeology, scripture, and general history truths. It all helps. Like mentioning there were only 8 major kingdoms 3000BCE. Thus only eight false religions as apposed to today's 4000 some. When witnessing online, knowledge is power. Because it is the people you are witnessing to that will be asking all the questions. Remember that :p

• Agree
Upvote 0

A Tour Guide

May 24, 2019
Texas
Visit site
✟693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Lanae, if leading people to Christ is a burden on your heart, you should come to my website (www.exploringchristianityonline.com) and visit the evangelism room. I recorded an audio presentation you can use when you are not sure what to say. I also have some evangelism articles available as well, all of it is for free. I hope this helps you out.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good question and very relevant. There's a saying that goes, "questions stir the conscience but accusations harden the will." Jesus posed questions to people all the time throughout the scripture.

Where I would start is to ask people what knowledge from the Bible are they holding to in order to base their salvation off of?

Upvote 0