Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There are times when you are reading the word.. and one passage of scripture will just jump out at you, and makes the biggest impression on your heart. You have read it hundreds of times before, but this time it was different, your illuminated by the Holy Spirit. What has been your experience in this. And what passage was it?

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Trish1947 said:
There are times when you are reading the word.. and one passage of scripture will just jump out at you, and makes the biggest impression on your heart. You have read it hundreds of times before, but this time it was different, you illuminated by the Holy Spirit. What has been your experience in this. And what passage was it?
Trish this has happened to me several times, but the most memorable was right before my little nephew (4years-old) was murdered. I had an extremely bad dream that woke me up about 3 nights before it happened. Wherein I dreamt that my infant son died, we had him dedicated before he was 3 months old. A Catholic lady had told me that if he died that he would go to hell, because we didn't have him baptized. That night when I woke up I began praying in earnest for the Lord's protection over him, never thinking that Kenny would be dead within 2 days.
I searched the scriptures, and found where Jesus had been talking to the desciples that unless you become as one of these you shall in no wise see the kingdom of heaven. That it was not God's will that one of these little ones should perish, and their angels beheld the face of God at all times. I had read it a 1000 times before but that night the Holy Spirit breathed it. It satisfied me and I went back to bed with praises on my lips.
The night we recieved the news that Kenny had been stabbed to death, it was horrible. I was near hysterics, when I called the pastor. They lived about an hours drive from our house. The pastor had prayed that God would comfort me so I could be a comfort to my sister.
On the way down, still in hysterics the Lord spoke to my heart that I had to pray for the man who did this. I argued of course, I didn't want to pray for him, but the Lord told me again I had to pray for him, and suddenly I felt the feeling of sorrow for his family. I could feel the heart ache of his mother. At the time no one knew who had done it, and he wasn't caught until a couple of months and another murder after.
But sorrow for his family came over me and I began to pray for his family, the mother who bore him, the father who was proud of him, and the future he had entered into. My tears subsided.
When we reached my sisters I was able to comfort her with what the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart a couple of nights before, it was not God's will that any of these little ones should perish, and there was absolutely nothing Kenny had to do to be saved, it was us who had to become as little children. I told her that scripture said offenses must come, but woe unto them by whom they come because his angel was behodling the face of the Father.
She took great comfort in that. Later she said that she wished she had the peace that I had, and prayed to recieve it a few months later. She began to feel pity for the people who raised this monster too.
The fellow was 19 years old he killed Kenny because he said he wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. Later he killed the second 4 year old by drowning him, because Kenny had died to fast, and he wanted to see what it was like to kill someone slower. When they caught him he had grabbed a 3 year old girl from in front of her house. He was going to molest her, and then kill her because he wanted to know what that would feel like.
His family needed prayer they were heartbroken that the child they had loved and had such dreams for could have grown up to be like this.
That was one of the most memorable times that scripture became that I knew that I knew, it had become Remah in my life.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That was one of the most memorable times that scripture became that I knew that I knew, it had become Remah in my life.

Isn't God wonderful? In the midst of this horrendous tragedy, the Holy Spirit came to comfort you, let you know that this little boy was in Heaven with God.
And gave you the grace to pray for the mans family, to experience their grief, and to forgive...
"In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
A perfect example of Christs overcoming love.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ephesians 1:15-19 KJV
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Upvote 0

deg

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
✟8,019.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Romans 10.14-15 ... the call to ministry , the burden , the consequences
AMEN! How beautiful are those feet!

CrystalPc; that is quite a testimony. Your word has hit me pretty deeply. I had to stop reading, it was too striking; sister, you must be one fine gem, because that is a fire I would have a lot of trouble in. May God bless you for the hardship of such trial, and may the fruit of these experiences be spiritual overflow in the vat of your heart. May He anoint you in new measure with the Oil of Gladness. Psalm 45 sisterm, truly your raiment smells of cassia and aloe out of ivory places. Praise God for women like you.

For me, Romans 10:8 seems to be the theme everywhere I go..."the WORD is nigh thee, even in thy mouth and in thy heart." It's the first verse I ever highlighted in my bible, it really struck me sideways...Then the Lord came in a dream a little while later, and said only a few words to me..."IT IS NEAR." A few months later, I found myself sitting at the kitchen table talking to a prophet, and you can only guess what verse He recited to me.

Maybe the Lord is saying something. And we wonder why Jesus says "ye of little faith"?

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for the blessing Deg. It is my prayer to be pleasing to the Father in all I do in my life, some are called to walk rougher paths, but Praise God he is faithful to walk right beside us leading us all the way, holding us by the hand.
Isn't it amazing that he equips us all with what we need at the time? Much like Corrie Ten Boom said, about her father, he asked her when she was going on a trip, when did he give her the ticket, right before she boarded the train. None of us know what path we have to walk through, but we can all rest assured that it is a path that he will Lead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Svt4Him said:
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Thank you Svt4Him. I don't know if people realize how important blessings are. So I will return the blessing to you in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
This is my special scriptures. – 'Put off’, I have to do the chancing; it is not something that I will receive in a prayer line. ‘Be Renewed’, to me, I have to read, study and live the word of God, and then I will be able ‘to put on the new man.’

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ too

Apr 8, 2003
Ohio
✟660.00
Faith
Christian
Trish1947 said:
There are times when you are reading the word.. and one passage of scripture will just jump out at you, and makes the biggest impression on your heart. You have read it hundreds of times before, but this time it was different, your illuminated by the Holy Spirit. What has been your experience in this. And what passage was it?
1 Peter 4
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Reactions: haya
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
crystalpc said:
Didaskalos,
How did he reveal this to your heart that you knew that you knew? This is often called Paul's prayer for the church, but we know it as scripture, therefore it is God's prayer (will) for the church.
The is a super question and I think it is one of the most important bits of knowledge that we need to know about building faith.
I have been working on a personal paraphase of the NT for many years. My version of Romans 10:17 says:

"Believing occurs when truth is revealed into our spirits, and truth is revealed into our spirit when Christ speaks the word into us."

How do I know when this happens? I know it happens when things happen on the outside that mirror what is in the outside. Jesus said that if we believe something in the inside and confess it with our mouth, then we will have what we say. This is always the case.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
didaskalos said:
The is a super question and I think it is one of the most important bits of knowledge that we need to know about building faith.
I have been working on a personal paraphase of the NT for many years. My version of Romans 10:17 says:

"Believing occurs when truth is revealed into our spirits, and truth is revealed into our spirit when Christ speaks the word into us."

How do I know when this happens? I know it happens when things happen on the outside that mirror what is in the outside. Jesus said that if we believe something in the inside and confess it with our mouth, then we will have what we say. This is always the case.
Excellent! It is amazing how God works. Once the word is revealed and we "see" it, there is never a doubt that can stand against again. I love it when it becomes so real to us. We know there is no private interpretation, but this is as close to it as it comes, because it speaks to our needs as we need it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Svt4Him said:
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
I should add that what jumped out of this was the fact that God was close, and desired to fellowship with me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.