Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Excellent quotation but please show me where either God, Jesus, Paul or Wallace said or implied that even those who do not believe in Jesus will be saved and will, in fact, bow their knees just as those who believed?
See Philp 2:9-11 above. Is everybody here arguing that unbelievers will be forced to become believers? If so see e.g. Jeremiah 13:11-14, Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 25:46, Romans 1:24, Romans 1:26, Romans 1:28, Revelation 20:15
I see you are still waiting.

Upvote 0

TahitiRun

Feb 18, 2023
Atlantic Coast
✟11,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Excellent quotation but please show me where either God, Jesus, Paul or Wallace said or implied that even those who do not believe in Jesus will be saved and will, in fact, bow their knees just as those who believed?
See Philp 2:9-11 above. Is everybody here arguing that unbelievers will be forced to become believers? If so see e.g. Jeremiah 13:11-14, Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 25:46, Romans 1:24, Romans 1:26, Romans 1:28, Revelation 20:15
Sorry for getting back so late. Like a busy physician I make my rounds once a year...

The example that Wallace gave using Php 2:9-11 (previously posted) should have answered your question. The other texts you've cited, not withstanding. It's not clear as to why you're questioning this particular example. Let's read it, here:

Php 2:10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth,
Php 2:11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And here, for confessional context:

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I make known unto you, that no man speaking in the Spirit of God saith, Jesus is anathema, and no man can say, Jesus is Lord, but in the Holy Spirit.

It's not a coerced confession as some say, but rather an honest and truthful confession of one's salvation that brings glory to God, as shown here:

Isa 45:22 Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa 45:23 By Myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from My mouth in righteousness, and shall not come back, that unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Upvote 0