What makes sex so great?

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
BTW best tip ever for when married..... fight naked. ^_^ Attention often gets diverted on what the fight was about lol.

Often (like myself years ago) I thought casual sex was the same as married sex. I was so wrong. Casual sex is about as meaningful as tofu ice cream. lol

I wish there was a way to tell these [young] people casual sex is so not worth it.

I had a girlfriend who I hoped to be my wife (but for spiritual purposes, it didn't happen.) Still, she upgraded me as a man, and she let me be a man as I am suposed to be. She let me *think* I knew "everything," even though we both knew I was probably wrong. She wasn't submissive; she was very strong. I realize that it takes a strong woman to let a man be a man - despite his apparent shortcomings. She even gave my mother a gift that she and my mother knew the meaning of... that I had no idea of. She was a great woman. I, to this day, sleep modified according to her - in a way that wouldn't offend her (i.e. sleeping on my stomach for obvuous reasons.) I loved her. I still love her. I wish these young people coming up could experience that. The culture of premiscurity is silly. There exists a soul-mate for each person. Proton-to-electron interms of physics.

And, as you said, casual sex is as good as tofu ice cream. Sure, it tastes good at that moment, but when you have tasted Cold Stone Cremery Ice cream, you will realize how fleeting casuality is in terms of intercorse.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can walk around without pants and no one questions it.

Hear, hear! I keep telling my husband to stop putting clothes on, and just walk around naked, but he won't listen lol. He has insecurities about his appearance. Maybe someday he'll realize that he's a big ol' hunk o' man candy to my eyeballs.

Reactions: ProudMomxmany
Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hear, hear! I keep telling my husband to stop putting clothes on, and just walk around naked, but he won't listen lol. He has insecurities about his appearance. Maybe someday he'll realize that he's a big ol' hunk o' man candy to my eyeballs.

The male body is typically not attractive to look at. There's good naked and bad naked.:D

The Male Body - YouTube

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The male body is typically not attractive to look at. There's good naked and bad naked.:D

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but isn't that your WIFE'S judgement, not yours, and certainly not anybody else's? If SHE finds your body gorgeous, who is anyone else - including you - to argue?? How many insecure wives are there whose husbands think they're the most beautiful, desirable things in the world? It goes both ways!

My husband does not have a physique that the world would find sexy. I don't care. He's MINE and that makes him YUMMY to me.

Upvote 0

ProudMomxmany

slightly insane mom of many
Jul 6, 2013
✟17,163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but isn't that your WIFE'S judgement, not yours, and certainly not anybody else's? If SHE finds your body gorgeous, who is anyone else - including you - to argue?? How many insecure wives are there whose husbands think they're the most beautiful, desirable things in the world? It goes both ways!

My husband does not have a physique that the world would find sexy. I don't care. He's MINE and that makes him YUMMY to me.

Its pretty obvious that having kids has left some serious damage on my body. However, the hubs still likes what he sees...that's all that counts!

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, we ALL have imperfections of varying kinds :) I cringe if I see myself in the mirror, but I know my hubby thinks I'm super sexy, so I don't mind HIM enjoying the sight of me lol. I'm confident in HIS opinion of me, not my own, really.

Reactions: ProudMomxmany
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh, we ALL have imperfections of varying kinds :) I cringe if I see myself in the mirror, but I know my hubby thinks I'm super sexy, so I don't mind HIM enjoying the sight of me lol. I'm confident in HIS opinion of me, not my own, really.

Its pretty obvious that having kids has left some serious damage on my body. However, the hubs still likes what he sees...that's all that counts!

Please teach this generation of women about self-respect, and self-confidence. They aren't all in bad shape (not saying that,) but it is an unfortunate epidemic.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Please teach this generation of women about self-respect, and self-confidence. They aren't all in bad shape (not saying that,) but it is an unfortunate epidemic.

Behind the need for that comment is society's conditioning of 'the body beautiful' and all the industries and social pressures derived from that.

In total contrast there is the Biblical view:
a) Our bodies are God's handiwork
b) Our bodies are fit to be God's dwelling place, His temple. Do we imagine the Holy Spirit goes "Oh Yuk, not that one, please! when someone turns to Christ?
c) Jesus had a fully human, normal male body. Was He somehow 'tainted' or degraded following the incarnation? In fact th eincarnation affirms our human physicality very powerfully.

A Christian starts from a very different place when we consider our body.

John
NZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I try! I don't have any daughters, but I intend to teach my son that girls are human beings, not objects, and that TV is THE WORST place to get your opinions and beliefs on just about anything. We don't have cable, and I try to closely monitor the TV shows (we get them online) and movies he's exposed to. He's a very sweet kid, and I hope he becomes a sweet man who will see a girl for the person she is, and not just what she looks like.

As for the "epidemic", it needs to be confronted on all sides. Men AND women need to change their thinking. Parents need to be more vigilant about what they teach their kids, and what they allow to be influences in their kids' lives. And we all need to stop dumping billions of dollars into the pockets of Hollywood moguls via TV show ratings, movie sales, music downloads, etc, of material that objectifies girls/women, sex, shallow relationships and all that junk.

/soapbox

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ProudMomxmany

Jul 6, 2013
✟17,163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You wouldn't want to meet my girls then...they have enough respect and confidence in themselves to stand up to anyone and anything. Heck, one of my gorgeous girls is a cop!

Reactions: Guru03
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I try! I don't have any daughters, but I intend to teach my son that girls are human beings, not objects, and that TV is THE WORST place to get your opinions and beliefs on just about anything. We don't have cable, and I try to closely monitor the TV shows (we get them online) and movies he's exposed to. He's a very sweet kid, and I hope he becomes a sweet man who will see a girl for the person she is, and not just what she looks like.

As for the "epidemic", it needs to be confronted on all sides. Men AND women need to change their thinking. Parents need to be more vigilant about what they teach their kids, and what they allow to be influences in their kids' lives. And we all need to stop dumping billions of dollars into the pockets of Hollywood moguls via TV show ratings, movie sales, music downloads, etc, of material that objectifies girls/women, sex, shallow relationships and all that junk.

/soapbox

I made a thread that states in essence that women make men better, and that the women [of this generation] should "do better" to upgrade the men. To put it bluntly, [young] guys want "pretty female parts" if you get my drift. But, if all they have to do to get those "parts" is buy a $10 drink, then that male will never work to be a better man because to get what he wants he doesn't have to. If more women made it so that in order to get..."that"... the male would have to

1) Be genuinely considerate, respectful and loving
2) Be patient, and compassionate
3) Should there be any kids involved, be a loving father who is there for them
4) Work - or try to find work - to support himself and his mate (not because she needs it, but because he is taking initiative as a provider.)
5) etc...

If the basic minimum requirements to get "it" were a combo of those things, you would have a world full of chivalrous, caring and loving men. I had a girlfriend in college who I didn't even kiss on the cheek until we were a year and a half into our relationship/courtship. Granted, I am not saying that you should wait that long, but I did because she wasn't comfortable until that time. In the mean time, I worked on myself as a man, and did the best I could to make her feel like a woman: and in return, she let me be a man. (She was far from weak or submissive.)

I hope your son does not get jaded by some women who consider sweet, nice young men as weak. I hope he finds a great woman. The culture of the "weak and hapless woman waiting for her strong prince charming to come and save her" is ridiculously unrealistic. Many times, women save men. And, any creature that can push out a bowling ball sized baby is strength I cannot even fathom.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You wouldn't want to meet my girls then...they have enough respect and confidence in themselves to stand up to anyone and anything. Heck, one of my gorgeous girls is a cop!

I wouldn't?

Hehe... I come from a long line of strong women, which have raised strong men. "Masculine child[ren]," as Luca Brasi would say. I am glad there still exists women who will provide challenges to courtship, so that both can be strengthened.

Upvote 0

ProudMomxmany

Jul 6, 2013
✟17,163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't?

Hehe... I come from a long line of strong women, which have raised strong men. "Masculine child[ren]," as Luca Brasi would say. I am glad there still exists women who will provide challenges to courtship, so that both can be strengthened.

My girls have a baloney tolerance of zero. They have extremely high standards for themselves and a prospective mate. So do my boys. They have a list of qualities they are looking for and the guy better meet them. They also actively seek our approval and advice on the guy. 5 of my 6 girls are adults now, 2 of them are still single. They have problems meeting guys who don't freak out over their career choices (cop and EMT/trauma flight nurse). The other 3 girls are happily married. It seems that young men in their age group (20-30) are not looking for young women like them. They prefer the bimbo who will drop her pants after a couple of drinks.

My adult sons are the same way. Two are still single, they prefer to finish their education and get their careers started before they get serious. One is married and has a little boy.

The younger ones still at home are not looking for courtship/dating/marriage. They're too young. However, they've been raised with the same values and morals as the bigger ones.

My husband and I married very young, I was 17, he was 19. I married the first and only boy I ever kissed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad I didn't really get into a good relationship until my late 20s. Looking back I didn't really miss much. Just immaturity and overly active hormones. While its not a good thing, I'm happy I didn't lose my virginity until 27. At least I lasted 10 years longer then most guys seem to have at 17. But meaningless sex was what I ended up having because I was naive about sex. Doesn't help I was in my angry at God phase.

When I here there are kids as young as 9 having sex I wonder what is happening in this country. Its like sex is just shoved down the throats of children. And of course parents complain after the fact instead of saying "How can we change this?". Although to be fair alot of parents tend to think they child is not like the others.

In my christian homeschool group most parents thought that about their child. But most of the kids proudly admitted looking at inappropriate content, cyber sexing, having tested sex, even if just "touching". >.<

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To put it bluntly, [young] guys want "pretty female parts" if you get my drift. But, if all they have to do to get those "parts" is buy a $10 drink, then that male will never work to be a better man because to get what he wants he doesn't have to. If more women made it so that in order to get..."that"... the male would have to.. .

FWIW I agree with your overall point, but the idea that it's the GIRL'S fault if the guy is a shallow, sex-chasing pig... is putting us back culturally about a thousand years. Yes, the girl is to blame for being "easy", but the guy is just as much to blame for being lustful and seflish. So, you're not wrong, but I just wanted to add the other aspect of it :)

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My girls have a baloney tolerance of zero. They have extremely high standards for themselves and a prospective mate. So do my boys. They have a list of qualities they are looking for and the guy better meet them. They also actively seek our approval and advice on the guy. 5 of my 6 girls are adults now, 2 of them are still single. They have problems meeting guys who don't freak out over their career choices (cop and EMT/trauma flight nurse). The other 3 girls are happily married. It seems that young men in their age group (20-30) are not looking for young women like them. They prefer the bimbo who will drop her pants after a couple of drinks.

My adult sons are the same way. Two are still single, they prefer to finish their education and get their careers started before they get serious. One is married and has a little boy.

The younger ones still at home are not looking for courtship/dating/marriage. They're too young. However, they've been raised with the same values and morals as the bigger ones.

My husband and I married very young, I was 17, he was 19. I married the first and only boy I ever kissed.

Hear, hear! I didn't meet my hubby till I was 34, and I had many, many people tell me I was too picky and needed to lower my standards. I don't think so!!

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
FWIW I agree with your overall point, but the idea that it's the GIRL'S fault if the guy is a shallow, sex-chasing pig... is putting us back culturally about a thousand years. Yes, the girl is to blame for being "easy", but the guy is just as much to blame for being lustful and seflish. So, you're not wrong, but I just wanted to add the other aspect of it :)

I wouldn't be much of a man if I said it was a girl's fault for my chauvonistic ways. I know you aren't saying I am saying that, but I am saying any male that feels like that needs some more years of learning before they upgrade to "man."

FWIW also, I think a man can upgrade a woman. What if some of these girls that "twerk" and take millions of duck face pictures for instagram to impress her "500,000 friends" meet a man that treats them well and almost demands that she be a lady, and accept love? If both males and females loved each other enough to help each other be the best person they could be, we might make a quantum leap into some sort of paradise. I remember someone preaching a similar message....

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad I didn't really get into a good relationship until my late 20s. Looking back I didn't really miss much. Just immaturity and overly active hormones. While its not a good thing, I'm happy I didn't lose my virginity until 27. At least I lasted 10 years longer then most guys seem to have at 17. But meaningless sex was what I ended up having because I was naive about sex. Doesn't help I was in my angry at God phase.

When I here there are kids as young as 9 having sex I wonder what is happening in this country. Its like sex is just shoved down the throats of children. And of course parents complain after the fact instead of saying "How can we change this?". Although to be fair alot of parents tend to think they child is not like the others.

In my christian homeschool group most parents thought that about their child. But most of the kids proudly admitted looking at inappropriate content, cyber sexing, having tested sex, even if just "touching". >.<

It really is about parental involvement and knowing your child inside and out (their friends, what they watch on TV, what they're taught at school, what they think and feel about things). Our society is in a pretty sorry state right now, but we need to remember that sin is nothing new, and there have been civilizations in the past living in even more open debauchery than ours. I remember being largely unmonitored as a kid, and watching other kids in our neighborhood having sex and experimenting with each other when they were REALLY young, like six years old. Fast forward to today, and my 13 yo son openly asks me questions about sex, and has never so much as touched a girl (they're still mostly "icky" to him lol). I've been heavily involved in his life and have invested my time and energy into parenting him, and I think that's the big difference. I've protected him, tried to teach him God's laws, tried to teach him to respect himself and treat girls with respect, etc. I talk to him, I listen to him, I explain the why's of life to him, and I welcome his questions. The kids who are out running around having sex when they're 12 and stuff, are usually the ones who are neglected, abused, and desperate for love and affection, in any form they can find it, even if it means giving up their innocence way too early.

Sad.

Upvote 0