California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My friends have made me feel like I'm depriving myself of one of the greatest pleasures in life or something by not watching Game of Thrones, haha. I did watch part of the first episode and it didn't capture my interest. I need to give it another try. I rarely watch TV during the school year but will have a binge fest during breaks.

I LOVE BREAKING BAD. I was late to that party, too. I only started watching it in 2012, after everyone had been raving about it for ages.

I'm also sentimental about the Simpsons. I did my first floor routine in gymnastics, at age seven, to the theme song. :D

The only shows I watch every single week when they're on are Once Upon a Time and Downton Abbey. We have viewing parties on Sunday nights! When I'm sick, stuck in a waiting room or airport lounge, on a long road trip, or on school break I watch a heap of shows. Some of my favorites are: House of Cards, Scandal, The Bridge, Modern Family, The Good Wife, Amazing Race, Orange is the New Black, and Pramface (LOVE). I watch The Walking Dead only because I have two brothers and a boyfriend who are obsessed with it and catch up on all the shows they've missed during Christmas break. Cause nothing says Christmas like zombies eating somebody's face off. >.< Boys.

I also love watching old episodes of shows that are no longer on the air, like Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, and Doc Martin. Oh, and Buffy. Can't believe I forget to include that on the list.

Upvote 0
G

godenver1

I started and caught up with BB, GoT and TWD all this year, I was very late.

The only show I watch now consistently is TWD (at least until GoT season 5). Since I'm on holidays I couldn't catch the mid-season finale but of course I caught the spoilers :(.

Breaking Bad was so awesome. Im no critic, but It was so obviously above any TV show I had watched.

With GoT I was the same. I watched about 20 mins and turned it off. Then In the middle of my exams this year, I watched the first episode the whole way after my friend lent it to me and I was hooked. If you can avoid spoilers, I am jealous. Some scenes, although I knew they were coming, still had a heavy emotional toll. I CAN'T WAIT for season 5, since there can be no spoilers. Although I must warn, especially in season 4, the violence is very graphic and trumps the TWD

I've heard Downton Abbey is good, but haven't watched yet. I'm considering Sopranos or The Wire at the moment for my next series.

Upvote 0

siralex172

Nov 7, 2014
✟12,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Game of Thrones: One of my favourites cant wait for next years season. Season 1 was slow and I stopped watching for a while but it gets better.
Arrow: awesome show a lot of action and the storyline kinda had me hooked from the start.
Walking dead: Nice action, intriguing story problably my favourite cool actors also.
Breaking bad: Cool show I like the actors and adventure but stopped watching towards the end.

Upvote 0
G

godenver1

I have too many favorites to say just one. My all-time would be breaking bad.

I like Flash, Game of Thrones,arrow and that's just a few. I'd be a horrible critic I like anything I watch unless it truly is horrible

What is Flash?

I used to like 'Under the Dome', but then I saw other shows and didn't like it as much. As far as reality TV, I also like Pawn Stars and Duck Dynasty. I don't love them but I'll watch them happily to kill time

Upvote 0

Snake75

Mar 23, 2014
✟8,108.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
G

godenver1

Oh, 'The Flash', I understand now. I'm not all that big into superhero stuff (at least the Marvel movies). Most my friends are but I can't be bothered with it that much. On movies, I can't wait for the new Jurassic World film and I'll probably see the new Star Wars as well. I think there are a few more next year coming out that look good, but I can't remember them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What is Flash?

I used to like 'Under the Dome', but then I saw other shows and didn't like it as much. As far as reality TV, I also like Pawn Stars and Duck Dynasty. I don't love them but I'll watch them happily to kill time

Never watched Under the Dome, but absolutely loved the book! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like this show, "The Bridge." There was a Scandinavian show, with the same premise & characters, that I love. The American version is modeled after it. It makes it more fun, to me.

I like CSI. Old show, but I did not watch it when I was little. I am watching past seasons now.

Upvote 0
G

godenver1

My favorite tv show probably would be the walking dead because i mainly watch anime ^^

What are your favourite anime shows? I used to watch One Piece, but there's so many episodes now.

I like this show, "The Bridge." There was a Scandinavian show, with the same premise & characters, that I love. The American version is modeled after it. It makes it more fun, to me.

I like CSI. Old show, but I did not watch it when I was little. I am watching past seasons now.

It's best in my opinion when you can binge watch shows for seasons on end instead of week to week, but I'm not patient enough to wait anymore! I want to record them all and watch them to back to back but I am weak willed.

My new favourite current show is True Detective. I like it more than GoT. True Detective = HBO's best (from what I've seen of HBO shows).

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My new favourite current show is True Detective. I like it more than GoT. True Detective = HBO's best (from what I've seen of HBO shows).

My boyfriend loves the show and finally nudged me into watching a few episodes on HBO Go. I had a viewing bing when I sick, and I kept nodding off or spacing out and missing vital parts of the episodes. I should watch them again some time. A few of the scenes that vividly stood out to me referenced Christianity and had story arcs involving Christians. I thought Matthew McConaughey characters's expositions about his philosophies and thoughts on Christianity were thought-provoking even though they were haughty and derisive towards Christians. I haven't watched enough episodes to get an idea about his character in context.

There's a thread already about Christians in movies and film. If you get the chance, maybe you could post there since you've seen more of the episodes and share your thoughts:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7858463-2/#post66945210

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Angel
Friends
My SO-Called Life
Freaks and Geeks
American Horror Story
Charmed
Daria

just to name a few :)

I've discovered Freaks and Geeks and My So-Called Life recently and LOVE them. I feel like they capture the essence of teenage life so much more realistically than the more modern shows.

What did you think of the ending of Freaks and Geeks? I think they were planning on having a second season and so there was less closure for the characters because of it. I haven't watched Buffy in forever. I did my very first floor routine in gymnastics to the theme song back when I was six, haha. I remember thinking she was so awesome when I was a kid.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0