What is your favorite Yaoi, Shonen-ai or Genderbender Manga?

xeledhwenx

Miko-chan<3
Oct 11, 2004
NY, NY
Visit site
✟10,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yaoi and yuri are gross and wrong. Period.

But I do like W Juliet. I just think it's sooo sweet how Makoto (a pretty guy who must pass through high school as a girl) is the only one who can make Ito (the biggest tomboy in both personality and looks) feel like a true woman. lOlz I hope that made sense. It's a LOT better in the actual manga, trust me.

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
FoogieFighters said:
Haha. Well, I guess noone likes any of these.
I do enjoy FAKE, and several other yaoi and crossdressing mangas though. I don't really care about the gender of the characters who fall in love. I would prefer girl/boy. I guess it's the writers choice.

Upvote 0

Feder

Sep 22, 2005
✟183.00
Faith
Calvinist
Crossdressing can be funny sometimes, but kind of disturbing. As for shounen-ai/shoujo-ai and yaoi/yuri, I don't think Christians should be getting into that kind of thing. Especially since God finds that sort of relationship sinful.

Not to say that I'm PERFECT and have never seen a shounen-ai, but that still doesn't mean I think it's right and acceptable to be watching those types of shows.

Upvote 0

Suzy_Lee

Jul 16, 2005
Los Angeles, Ca.
✟7,663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well since I'm not a Christian, I guess it's "okay" for me to post here.

I read Desire (Yaoi) It was really like reading another manga about 2 people htat "love"/lust over each other. It was meh.

I'm reading right now Until The Full Moon. I dont know what that would be considered. I don't know my manga/anime lingo yet. So far its kept me interested, I just picked up the 2nd volume so we'll see how that goes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
eaglex said:
I don't care for gay mangas!!

First, it's manga, no "s" needed to pluralize it.

Second, while I disagree with the gender :p , I do think that if you don't care for something related to the subject, there's really no need to post.

It's like "what's your favorite Star Wars movie?" and someone comes in of thier own free-will and says "I don't like Star Wars!" You might as well just not post, unless you've got an arguement that goes "Star Wars is immoral because Leia's outfit in the beginning of Return of the Jedi will turn (geeky) young men to lust.", but that sort of arguement is supposed to go into the Philosophy and Morality section in the Discussion and Debate section of this site.

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jacque said:
Actually I asked my girlfriend,who's Japanese, and she said it's "Japanese comic books".

That's a translation into english. I'm talking about pluralization. Slight difference.

Upvote 0

shirono

Deadline-avoiding weasel
Oct 16, 2005
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟8,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think just like you abbadon this forum was not "do you like yaoi/yuri or gender bender mangas" it asked what your favorite one was so if you don't like it just leave and let the people who do like it enjoy them selves.

in any case my favorite yaoi is gravitation it was the first one I ever watched and the story really sucked me in, I haven't read/watched any yuri yet but I will eventually and my favorite gender bender would be ranma 1/2 so that's about it. thanks for reading this. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Exhausted

Oct 16, 2005
Earth
✟3,462.00
Faith
Christian
HAHA. Everyone who has said "eww gross" was either prepubesent or, and more likely, has thought about homosexuality, and the thought was met with much less disgust than they were comfotable with.

In regards to the actual topic, I thought Ranma 1/2 was hilarious. (Akane is so totally bi.)

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jacque said:
I thought we agreed to stop talking about this, and that dissenters want me to punch them. Many times.

Uh, didn't you just bring back a dead thread? I didn't, I just posted right after you did. Had you not done anything, this thread would have been ignored, and would have died, but noo....

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Abbadon said:
Uh, didn't you just bring back a dead thread? I didn't, I just posted right after you did. Had you not done anything, this thread would have been ignored, and would have died, but noo....
You're just jealous you didn't get to be the necromancer this time :p (jk)

Upvote 0