What is your favorite Yaoi, Shonen-ai or Genderbender Manga?

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most of the popular girls mangas coming out of Japan by Toykopop have a touch (or a healthy heaping handful) of Yaoi (hey, even Sailor Moon and Card Captor have a dose or two).

So what is your favorite new Yaoi manga? I have been reading

Paradise Kiss - not bad but I find the artwork a little to angular

Juliet W - which has been made into a PS2 game - where his father requires him to attend school as a girl if he wants to be an actor - where he falls in love with the butchest girl around - very funny first book.

Here is greenwood - a classic and much more "open" in the manga than the anime - particularly the in jokes about his roommate.

Model - a strange vampire one that I find far too angular in drawing to find comfortable - I tend to want to be able to tell the girls from the boys.

Angel Sanctuary - again hard to tell individuals and gender apart much less keep up on the fairly out there plot

Fake - the original classic - very funny

Under the Crescent Moon - a gender switching werewolf is the perfect solution to the head vampires gay son - more than slightly mind bending.

MegaTokyo - I love it but....what is going on with Piro - okay, I know the author says Piro is him and that he is married and that he just "likes" to only play females on line (and write stories about them and put them in bar dresses), and read girl manga, and play import girl Japanese games and...

Eerie Queerie - okay, that was a bit too far, I admit, I like the hint of the "are they or aren't they" rather than the whole - stuff it in your face aspect.

Your favs? (by the by, if you haven't noticed any Yaoi or male/male manga - you might want to look at it again, yes...they just might be more than good friends who are always having sleepovers)

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HolyFire X said:
Ditto.

Eww... just the thought... eww, stupid bishies.

However, this may open the door into discussions about Yuri...
biggrin.gif

But otherwise, I'm out of here. :sick:

Upvote 0

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nienor said:
I don't think Piro is gay, I mean he likes Kimiko. And they're not gay in W Juliet either, it just appears that way.
Who was gay in paradise kiss?
I guess my favorite would be Fake

No, but they fall under the second favorite girls manga thing = crossdressing!

Often like in Kiss me Kill me, the crossdressing is part of the humour (like in Juliet W how everyone else in the school things they are lesbian) - No, I don't think Piro is gay, I think Piro has....issues. Paradise kiss, has the nice Transgender person to add a dash of "be who you want to be".

But you are right - it is much better when there is a relationship between a guy and his sword or a computer and a human - that is way more "normal"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FoogieFighters

Congratulations Carolina Hurricanes! '06
Feb 10, 2005
North Carolina
Visit site
✟2,893.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And Yuri is??? I really didn't know there were a lot of gay magna's and anime out there (shows you how stupid I am). I mean I could understand lesbian, because some guys well...*how to put it* enjoy it. But ....uh I don't know, and I know that some anime guys (well most of them really) look sort of girly, but hm I don't know

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟17,315.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
yaoi seems to be popular among the japanese girls. And more recently, american anime fans (namely girls as well) seem to enjoy it.

odd. I guess there are fads in even non-mainstream stuff such as anime and manga...

*i know anime and mange are a big thing in japan, but not so much here in america.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HolyFire X said:
Oh, don't worry, I hate Yuri too...

Geez, keep it straight pplz!

You're the first straight dude I've met that hate's yuri.

To quote Tucker from Red Vs Blue:
"Dude, women are like Voltron: the more you hook up, the better it gets!"

(Ladies, I'm sorry if that offends you, but that's really what most dudes think about.)

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
FoogieFighters said:
And Yuri is??? I really didn't know there were a lot of gay magna's and anime out there (shows you how stupid I am). I mean I could understand lesbian, because some guys well...*how to put it* enjoy it. But ....uh I don't know, and I know that some anime guys (well most of them really) look sort of girly, but hm I don't know

Yuri is lesbian stuff.

As for anime guys, um... No. Not for me.

Upvote 0

FoogieFighters

Congratulations Carolina Hurricanes! '06
Feb 10, 2005
North Carolina
Visit site
✟2,893.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Haha, then I guess it's weird that he doesn't like it. But then I don't know why you guys would??? Not sure. Couldn't you have too much of a good thing? "the more you hook up the better it gets" I'm not the mastermind here though :p

Upvote 0