Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you do not know the answer to the question or you do not want to answer it just say so. I am happy to answer it for you. Do you know what it means to be born again and what it means to know and be in Christ and to look to Christ? (scripture please)
Born of God born from above..by having the seed (Christ) living and growing within you...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Born of God born from above..by having the seed (Christ) living and growing within you...
And what does that mean exactly and what does this look like in the life of a believer? (scripture please).

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what does that mean exactly and what does this look like in the life of a believer? (scripture please).
You know it by it fruit...i.e. Love, Joy, peace, forbearance, gentleness etc Galatians 5:22

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You know it by it fruit...i.e. Love, Joy, peace, forbearance, gentleness etc Galatians 5:22
Ok so if someone is born again do they knowingly practice sin (1 John 3:6-9)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why would they knowingly practice sin? They have Christ living in them and Christ don't practice Sin.
Exactly, so those who are born again do not knowingly practice sin now do they. *1 John 3:6-9?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Exactly, so those who are born again do not knowingly practice sin now do they. *1 John 3:6-9?
Your response here...
Non-responsive to the question asked of you. You do not have to answer the questions asked of you if you do not want to just say so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word gospel means good news.

God has various good news given to different audience during different time periods

God told Abraham the good news he will have many descendants like the stars of heaven and the sand in the shore in genesis 15

God told David the good news that a descendant from him will be ruling from his throne in 2 samuel 7

God told Israel the good news, after about 400 years of complete silence, that this descendant from David is finally here in the flesh, to usher them into that promised kingdom of heaven on earth in Luke 1

Finally after Israel the nation rejected the messiah for the final time by stoning Stephen, God announced to the whole world the good news thru the apostle Paul that, all of us, gentiles or Jews can be saved thru believing in Jesus death burial and resurrection (Romans 11:11, 1 cor 15:1-4)

• Useful
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Your response here...

Non-responsive to the question asked of you. You do not have to answer the questions asked of you if you do not want to just say so.

Do you want to answer my question? If not, you just have to say so. In the meantime I will ignore your non-responsive posts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you phrased this better by saying "includes" which is what the OP is saying. So your agreeing with the OP here now that the gospel is every Word of God?
God's word is not all news.

And when I use the word "gospel", I mean the events, not only the news . . . that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, then rose from the dead and was witnessed by certain people. So, it is not only news, but actual events.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,188.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God's word is not all news.

And when I use the word "gospel", I mean the events, not only the news . . . that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, then rose from the dead and was witnessed by certain people. So, it is not only news, but actual events.

Actually, gospel means "good news" not just news of any sort. The Bible is also filled with plenty of bad news, especially for those who reject the free offer of salvation.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Exactly, so those who are born again do not knowingly practice sin now do they. *1 John 3:6-9?
Your response here.
Do you want to answer my question? If not, you just have to say so.
Well thank you. - No, as you did not even attempt to answer the question in the post you were first responding to and your question was non-responsive to the content of the post you were quoting from.
In the meantime I will ignore your non-responsive posts.
DITTO.

Take Care.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes born again through the Word or Spirit they do not continues in Sin 1John 3:9
Agreed. 1 John 3:6-9 says those who are born again do not practice sin. Then what is the bibles definition of sin that we do not practice according to the scriptures (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20)?

Upvote 0