Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No one has said that Jesus is not the Word of God.

The point being made is that the Gospel is the Gospel. Jesus is Jesus. The Bible is the Bible.

There are different words that mean different things. There is a reason for that. No need to confuse people by making a mystery out of it.
The bible does not teach this as shown in the scriptures here linked.

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
[Heb 4:1-13 ESV]

Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it.

For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened. For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, "As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter my rest,'" although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.

For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all his works." And again in this passage he said, "They shall not enter my rest."

Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, again he appoints a certain day, "Today," saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted,

"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts."

For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Enter His rest Freth. Be united to Faith not the Law.

[Gal 3:12 ESV]

But the law is not of faith, rather "The one who does them shall live by them."

Did you notice that according to Hebrews 4:2-3 those in the wilderness did not believe the Gospel? What gospel was that talking about in your view? Also, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is talking about those who did not enter into God's rest (the seventh day Sabbath) because they did not believe the gospel rest of believing and following Gods' Word.

Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Always ready :)
Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible does not teach that all the Word of God is not the gospel (scriptures here linked).

I never said it’s not the gospel, just not that it is The Gospel.

Do you not see a difference in terms?

I know it is likened to semantics, but there is a difference.

Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you notice that according to Hebrews 4:2-3 those in the wilderness did not believe the Gospel? What gospel was that talking about in your view? Also, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is talking about those who did not enter into God's rest (the seventh day Sabbath) because they did not believe the gospel rest of believing and following Gods' Word.
What translation are you using? I do not see the “Gospel” word used in Hebrews.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What translation are you using? I do not see the “Gospel” word used in Hebrews.

It does not really matter what version. All translations use either gospel or good news as good news is the meaning of the Greek word used for Gospel.

The Gospel meaning; 2098 εὐαγγέλιον (euangélion | yoo-ang-ghel'-ee-on)
Derivation: from the same as G2097; a good message, i.e. the gospel G2097 εὐαγγελίζω (euangelízō | yoo-ang-ghel-id'-zo). to announce good news ("evangelize") especially the gospel. To preach the gospel.

King James Bible
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

New King James Version
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

King James 2000 Bible
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

American King James Version
For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

A Faithful Version
For truly, we have had the gospel preached to us, even as they also did; but the preaching of the word did not profit them because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard.

Webster's Bible Translation
For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Geneva Bible of 1587
For vnto vs was the Gospel preached as also vnto them: but the worde that they heard, profited not them, because it was not mixed with faith in those that heard it.

Bishops' Bible of 1568
For vnto vs was the Gospell preached, aswell as vnto them: But the worde whiche they hearde dyd not profite them, not beyng coupled with fayth to them that hearde.

Berean Literal Bible
And indeed we are those having had the preached just as they did; but the message of their hearing did not profit them, not having been united with the faith of those having heard.

Young's Literal Translation
for we also are having good news proclaimed, even as they, but the word heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard,

Lamsa Bible
For the gospel was preached to us, as it was to them also, but the word they heard did not benefit them: because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard it.

Godbey New Testament
For we truly have had the gospel preached unto us, as they did also: but the word of hearing did not profit them, not being mixed with faith to those hearing.

Haweis New Testament
For we are hearing the same gospel preached as they did; but the word heard did not profit them, not being incorporated by faith with those who heard it.

Worrell New Testament
For, indeed, we have had the Gospel proclaimed to us, even as also they; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not having been mingled with faith on the part of those who heard.

Did you notice that according to Hebrews 4:2-3 those in the wilderness did not believe the Gospel? What gospel was that talking about in your view?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It does not really matter what version. All translations use either gospel or good news as good news is the meaning of the Greek word used for Gospel.

The Gospel meaning; 2098 εὐαγγέλιον (euangélion | yoo-ang-ghel'-ee-on)
Derivation: from the same as G2097; a good message, i.e. the gospel G2097 εὐαγγελίζω (euangelízō | yoo-ang-ghel-id'-zo). to announce good news ("evangelize") especially the gospel. To preach the gospel.

King James Bible

New King James Version
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version
For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

A Faithful Version
For truly, we have had the gospel preached to us, even as they also did; but the preaching of the word did not profit them because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard.

Webster's Bible Translation
For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Geneva Bible of 1587
For vnto vs was the Gospel preached as also vnto them: but the worde that they heard, profited not them, because it was not mixed with faith in those that heard it.

Bishops' Bible of 1568
For vnto vs was the Gospell preached, aswell as vnto them: But the worde whiche they hearde dyd not profite them, not beyng coupled with fayth to them that hearde.

Berean Literal Bible
And indeed we are those having had the preached just as they did; but the message of their hearing did not profit them, not having been united with the faith of those having heard.

Young's Literal Translation
for we also are having good news proclaimed, even as they, but the word heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard,

Lamsa Bible
For the gospel was preached to us, as it was to them also, but the word they heard did not benefit them: because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard it.

Godbey New Testament
For we truly have had the gospel preached unto us, as they did also: but the word of hearing did not profit them, not being mixed with faith to those hearing.

Haweis New Testament
For we are hearing the same gospel preached as they did; but the word heard did not profit them, not being incorporated by faith with those who heard it.

Worrell New Testament
For, indeed, we have had the Gospel proclaimed to us, even as also they; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not having been mingled with faith on the part of those who heard.

Did you notice that according to Hebrews 4:2-3 those in the wilderness did not believe the Gospel? What gospel was that talking about in your view?

Hope this helps.

Ah, the good news that the Children of Israel received back then. Yea, so the good news they received was a picture of the good news that comes to us, but it's not the same Gospel as we have been given.

The good news they were given was that God was going to bring them out of bondage, slavery to Egypt, and into a land flowing with milk and honey. He was going to bring them out with a mighty hand and outstretched arm.

God did this for them, but the whole time He was doing it for them they kept on grumbling against Him - desiring to be back in Eygpt. The quote from Hebrews was one of those times, specifically the time when they were at Meribah, and drank the water that came from the rock.

While that good news parallels our good news, their good news was about physical bondage, ours is spiritual bondage. Technically, they were in spiritual bondage also, but I think you can understand the difference between the two 'gospels'.

However, the same application can be made. They grumbled at Moses because of the freedom God had given them, much like some grumble at those who preach the Gospel about the freedom Christ has given us.

Some choose not to enter into that rest because their sin of unbelief holds them back from Faith.

What we need to understand was all of that happened to them as examples for us.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ah, the good news that the Children of Israel received back then. Yea, so the good news they received was a picture of the good news that comes to us, but it's not the same Gospel as we have been given.

You just made my point. As shown earlier all the Greek Word for Gospel means is "good news of glad tiding". According to the scriptures already posted (here linked), the gospel is every word of God. All the scriptures collectively tell the story of Jesus and God's plan or salvation for all mankind so are therefore the gospel of our salvation through Jesus Christ. Both the old and new testament scriptures are the gospel because they are good news of God's plan of salvation for all mankind through Jesus who is the central theme of the Gospel showing that whosoever believes on him should not perish but have everlasting life. Do you understand now why I am saying all the Word of God is the gospel and not some of it *Matthew 4:4?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You just made my point. As shown earlier all the Greek Word for Gospel means is "good news of glad tiding". According to the scriptures already posted (here linked), the gospel is every word of God. All the scriptures collectively tell the story of Jesus and God's plan or salvation for all mankind so are therefore the gospel of our salvation through Jesus Christ. Both the old and new testament scriptures are the gospel because they are good news of God's plan of salvation for all mankind through Jesus who is the central theme of the Gospel showing that whosoever believes on him should not perish but have everlasting life. Do you understand now why I am saying all the Word of God is the gospel and not some of it *Matthew 4:4?

There still remains a distinction.

The ‘gospel’ they were told is not the same ‘gospel’ we are to preach.

Take your forum name for example. Your name is used to distinguish you from me.

However it can mean something else, to describe something else, than who you are.

Same words, two different meanings.

Same goes for my name. I am not the same person who lived and talked with King David, yet we share the same word as a name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There still remains a distinction.

The ‘gospel’ they were told is not the same ‘gospel’ we are to preach.

Take your forum name for example. Your name is used to distinguish you from me.

However it can mean something else, to describe something else, than who you are.

Same words, two different meanings.

Same goes for my name. I am not the same person who lived and talked with King David, yet we share the same word as a name.

There is no distinction. It is the same Greek Word used for different application within scripture. Even in Hebrews 4:3 the distinction is being made between those who believe and those who do not believe enter into God's seventh day Sabbath rest. There are two rests here ours by believing and following God's Word (the gospel rest) and Gods' rest of the seventh day Sabbath that those who believe Gods' Word enter into by faith. It is Gods' Word that is being defined therefore as the gospel here. I am not sure why you cannot see this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The good news they were given was that God was going to bring them out of bondage, slavery to Egypt, and into a land flowing with milk and honey. He was going to bring them out with a mighty hand and outstretched arm.

God did this for them, but the whole time He was doing it for them they kept on grumbling against Him - desiring to be back in Eygpt. The quote from Hebrews was one of those times, specifically the time when they were at Meribah, and drank the water that came from the rock.

While that good news parallels our good news, their good news was about physical bondage, ours is spiritual bondage. Technically, they were in spiritual bondage also, but I think you can understand the difference between the two 'gospels'.

However, the same application can be made. They grumbled at Moses because of the freedom God had given them, much like some grumble at those who preach the Gospel about the freedom Christ has given us.

Some choose not to enter into that rest because their sin of unbelief holds them back from Faith.

What we need to understand was all of that happened to them as examples for us.
There is no distinction. It is the same Greek Word used for different application within scripture. Even in Hebrews 4:3 the distinction is being made between those who believe and those who do not believe enter into God's seventh day Sabbath gospel rest. It is Gods' Word that is being defined therefore as the gospel here. I am not sure why you cannot see this.
It was always about a Spiritual rest. We can not enter into any type of physical rest unless we enter into God's Spiritual rest, Christ Jesus.

Please pay close attention to verse 3. Three things there we need to heed about this rest in which the writer of Hebrews through the Spirit of God is talking about.

One is, we which have believed do enter this rest which is the Gospel that verse 2 is speaking of.

Two it is the same rest in which was available to the the Hebrews in the wilderness, for the word tells us this by alluding to Ps. 95 in verse 3. It is being said in the past tense. He says through the Spirit, "as He said".

This is compounded by the third thing. The verse's ending statement. The Spirit tells us that the works for this rest were finished from the foundation of the world. The word "if" in the clause "if they shall enter into my rest" is answered by the word "although", which speaks of this rest which we who have believe do enter being available to us from the beginning of creation. He says, "although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

Now this even more solidified by verse 4. That verse starts with the word "for" which means it is the answer to what was previously said. What it is saying is, when God rested on the Seventh Day; the work He finished included that which was needed for our redemption. It was a done deal. He was foreordained, slain from the foundation of the world 1 pet 1:19,20 and Rev 13:8 say. It was accomplished because His heart was in it, and it's attributes, the Spiritual rest was available.

Now if we did not at least continue to the next verse we would be doing an injustice to our God and to those who happen to be reading this.

Verse 5 starts of with, " In this again". So this begs the question; what again? What is said was done in verse 4. He speaks of the Seventh Day, if we shall enter in His rest.

Please take notice Two separate things being alluded to here. The rest which is the Gospel and the Seventh Day. They are not the same. This verse makes a distinction between the two.

This distinction is brought even more so in verse 9 and 10. And also the question is answered; in what manner of the Seventh Day is he speaking in relation to the rest which is the Gospel?

He says in verse 9, "there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God" That is how speaks again of the Seventh day.

And the distinction between the Gospel rest and Seventh Day is brought out again in verse 10 by the word "also". He says, "He that has entered into His rest ALSO cease from their own works as God did from His". The word "as" makes a direct comparison between our ceasing and God's. God cease from work on the Seventh Day which is the Sabbath so we who have entered into the Gospel Rest also on the Seventh Day cease from our work.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God.
Footnote: The Greek word translated Sabbath keeeping is sabattismos which is translated rest in the KJV, actually means Sabbath-keeping.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

1Pet 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1Pet 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no distinction. It is the same Greek Word used for different application within scripture. Even in Hebrews 4:3 the distinction is being made between those who believe and those who do not believe enter into God's seventh day Sabbath gospel rest. It is Gods' Word that is being defined therefore as the gospel here. I am not sure why you cannot see this.
Just because it is the same word does not mean there is not a distinction.

My name is Nathan. Am I the prophet that is talked about in the old testament?

My name is spelled exactly like his. Are we the same person?

Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was always about a Spiritual rest. We can not enter into any type of physical rest unless we enter into God's Spiritual rest, Christ Jesus.

Please pay close attention to verse 3. Three things there we need to heed about this rest in which the writer of Hebrews through the Spirit of God is talking about.

One is, we which have believed do enter this rest which is the Gospel that verse 2 is speaking of.

Two it is the same rest in which was available to the the Hebrews in the wilderness, for the word tells us this by alluding to Ps. 95 in verse 3. It is being said in the past tense. He says through the Spirit, "as He said".

This is compounded by the third thing. The verse's ending statement. The Spirit tells us that the works for this rest were finished from the foundation of the the world. The word "if" in the clause "if they shall enter into my rest" is answered by the word "although", which speaks of this rest which we who have believe do enter being available to us from the beginning of creation. He says, "although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

Now this even more solidified by verse 4. That verse starts with the word "for" which means it is the answer to what was previously said. What it is saying is, when God rested on the Seventh Day; the work He finished included that which was needed for our redemption. It was a done deal. He was foreordained, slain from the foundation of the world. It was accomplished because His heart was in it, and it's attributes, the Spiritual rest was available.
Now if we did not at least continue to the next verse we would be doing an injustice to our God and to those who happen to be reading this.

Verse 5 starts of with, " In this again". So the begs the question; what again?
He speaks of the Seventh Day, if we shall enter in His rest.

Two things being alluded to here. The rest which is the Gospel and the Seventh Day. They are not the same. This verse makes a distinction between the two.

This distinction is brought even more so in verse 9 and 10. And also the question is answered; in what manner of the Seventh Day is he speaking in relation to the rest which is the Gospel?

He says in verse 9, "there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God" That is how speaks again of the Seventh day.

And the distinction between the Gospel rest and Seventh Day is brought out again in verse 10 by the word "also". He says, "He that has entered into His rest ALSO cease from their own works as God did from His". The word "as" makes a direct comparison between our ceasing and God's. God cease from work on the Seventh Day which is the Sabbath so we who have entered into the Gospel Rest also on the Seventh Day cease from our work.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Footnote: The Greek word translated Sabbath keeeping is sabattismos which is translated rest in the KJV, actually means Sabbath-keeping.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

1Pet 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1Pet 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
I am going to be very honest here and say that your post seemed to really complicate something that is very simple.

I know we do that a lot with the Bible. We take one sentence someone wrote and make a whole book from it in our effort to try and explain what we think.

Truth is, 99% of the Bible is easy to understand if you simply read it for what it says without trying to add more to it. Typically, most writers will summarize their previous thoughts with a simple statement.

To the point;

[Heb 3:12-14 ESV] Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.

Then to summarize;

[Heb 4:9-11 ESV] So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us, therefore, strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.

Our confidence is not in the flesh(our imperfect works of the law) but in Christ(His perfect work of the law). This is the Gospel of the New Testament.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

This is compounded by the third thing. The verse's ending statement. The Spirit tells us that the works for this rest were finished from the foundation of the the world. The word "if" in the clause "if they shall enter into my rest" is answered by the word "although", which speaks of this rest which we who have believe do enter being available to us from the beginning of creation. He says, "although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

Now this even more solidified by verse 4. That verse starts with the word "for" which means it is the answer to what was previously said. What it is saying is, when God rested on the Seventh Day; the work He finished included that which was needed for our redemption. It was a done deal. He was foreordained, slain from the foundation of the world. It was accomplished because His heart was in it, and it's attributes, the Spiritual rest was available.

Verse 5 starts of with, " In this again". So the begs the question; what again?

Two things being alluded to here. The rest which is the Gospel and the Seventh Day. They are not the same. This verse makes a distinction between the two.

Great explanation! This breaks down the verses and hopefully will help some who are open to God's truth.

God bless.

• Friendly
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[Ecc 12:11-14 ESV]

The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd. My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh. The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Verse 5 starts of with, " In this again". So this begs the question; what again?

Exactly great post! Thank you HIM nice to see someone reading Gods' Word for themselves.

God bless

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am going to be very honest here and say that your post seemed to really complicate something that is very simple.
The idea here is, when you disagree with something is to state what it is you disagree with and then post evidence that proves the statement is false.

Several indicative points where made. Prove the facts of the post wrong and we will recant.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What is your position then so there is no misunderstanding what is your definition of gospel (scripture please)?

Law: What we are supposed to do.
Gospel: What God has done for us.

I've been very clear about this from the beginning.

If it's something we are supposed to do, because God commands it, then it is Law, not Gospel.
If it's something God does for us, entirely apart from ourselves, then it is Gospel.

The salvation we have in Christ, given to us by God, that's Gospel, it is good news to sinners.

There is no good news to sinners in the Law.

Now how can you have law without grace when God's law leads us to His grace?

The Law does not lead to grace. The Law leads to condemnation.

We have Law without grace whenever the Law is preached. Because there is no grace in the Law. The Law is grace-less.

The Law condemns.
The Gospel saves.

I have repeated myself many times.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Law: What we are supposed to do. Gospel: What God has done for us. I've been very clear about this from the beginning.
Sorry dear friend but I respectfully disagree. As posted earlier it is not biblical to claim that only some of God's Word is the gospel and the rest of God's Word is not the gospel. That is what I thought your definition of the gospel was from the beginning. Your interpretation of what the gospel is contradicts the scriptures as shown already in post # 9 linked which you have not addressed that disagrees with you. As shown in the linked post already all of God's Word in both the old and new testament scriptures are the gospel because both the old and new testament scriptures point to good news (gospel) of Jesus as God's sacrifice for the sins of the world and God's plan plan of salvation for all mankind in the new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27.
If it's something we are supposed to do, because God commands it, then it is Law, not Gospel. If it's something God does for us, entirely apart from ourselves, then it is Gospel.
As posted earlier it is God's law that leads to Gods' grace as God's law shows us our need of Christ and God's salvation because we are all sinners in need of a Savior. (Matthew 9:12-13; Romans 3:9-23; Galatians 3:22-25). The purpose of God's law is to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith and to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing by breaking any one of God's 10 commandments or not believing and following God's Word) and righteousness (moral right doing - Psalms 119:172). If we have no knowledge of sin we have no need of a Savior from sin (Matthew 9:12-13) if we have no Savior from sin we have no salvation from sin. If we have no salvation from sin we are lost and will perish in our sins *Romans 2:11-13. Can you see where your reasoning is leading dear friend? As posted earlier, according to the scriptures, God's Word in both the old and new testament scriptures are the gospel because both the old and new testament scriptures point to good news (gospel) of Jesus as God's sacrifice for the sins of the world and God's plan plan of salvation for all mankind in the new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27 and we are to live by all the Word of God not some of it according to Jesus *Matthew 4:4. Therefore to claim that Gods' law does not lead to God's grace is also not biblical because Gods grace is salvation from the laws condemnation as the wages of sin is death but the gift (grace) of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus *Romans 6:23.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0