What is the purpose of the thousand-year reign of Christ?

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think Satan can be bound with a chain made of steel?

Is the key made of brass, that fits a standard padlock?

Do you think Satan is a giant flying lizard?

What does the lake of fire symbolize then? Or do you perhaps conveniently take that part literally?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the 7th trumpet occurs first, followed by Jesus then confronting the beast and it's armies, where the remnant are slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh----how could these remnant who are not even dead when the 7th trumpet sounds be at a judgment of the dead before they are even dead?

You are assuming that the Book of Revelation is in chronological order.
The text of Revelation 11:15 says it is the point at which the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ "forever". How long is "forever"?

The Second Coming is found at the end of chapter 6 with those hiding from the wrath of the Lamb. They would not be hiding unless the Lamb is present. Some of the same characters "mighty men", "captains", "free", and "bond" are also found in chapter 19.
The signs in the sun, moon, and stars in chapter 6 are also found in the Olivet Discourse.
The moon does not give its light during a blood moon.

It is also found at the end of chapter 11, with the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible and the nations, and wrath, and judgment of the dead a few verses later.

And in the "harvest" of chapter 14.

And when He comes "as a thief" in Revelation 16:15-16.

And in chapter 19.

.................................................................................................
Is it a real lake on fire, or is it a place called hell that is hotter than the core of the sun?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You show in the Holy Bible your millennial kingdom, outside your claim of Revelation 20:1-6?

Where is this 1000 year Kingdom on the earth found "Outside" Revelation 20:1-6, please show us?

I'm guessing you already have a good idea where most of us Premils find it in other Scriptures. If you weren't convinced in the past when others have submitted these passages, why should I think it might be different in my case, as if anything I submit might be convincing to you? Sounds like a big waste of time on both of our parts, don't you think?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-Will there be animals on the New Earth ?

Speaking of that since most non Premils conclude the earth gets literally burned up, which would have to include all of the animals, and if there are animals on the new earth, where do they come from in a scenario such as that? I don't recall reading anywhere in the Bible that God creates brand new animals once He has returned.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are assuming that the Book of Revelation is in chronological order.
The text of Revelation 11:15 says it is the point at which the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ "forever". How long is "forever"?

The Second Coming is found at the end of chapter 6 with those hiding from the wrath of the Lamb. They would not be hiding unless the Lamb is present. Some of the same characters "mighty men", "captains", "free", and "bond" are also found in chapter 19.
The signs in the sun, moon, and stars in chapter 6 are also found in the Olivet Discourse.
The moon does not give its light during a blood moon.

It is also found at the end of chapter 11, with the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible and the nations, and wrath, and judgment of the dead a few verses later.

And in the "harvest" of chapter 14.

And when He comes "as a thief" in Revelation 16:15-16.

And in chapter 19.

.................................................................................................
Is it a real lake on fire, or is it a place called hell that is hotter than the core of the sun?

LOL :) You're the one wrongly assuming things by what you claim I'm assuming when I'm not. Let me make it perfectly clear per the following example.

Revelation 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

If I were assuming the book of Revelation is in chronological order from start to finish, such as you claim, why is it then, in Rev 13, for example, that no one is seen hiding themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains? Would the reason be that the events of Rev 13 precede the events of the 6th seal? I would think so. What would this be telling me? If I concluded that, and I do, wouldn't that be telling me that the book of Revelation is not in chronological order from start to finish?

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said John 5:24 is a bodily resurrection.
It is a spiritual resurrection, which occurs upon faith in Christ.

You have been passed from death to life, because of your faith in Christ, based on John 5:24.

The souls now in heaven with Christ have already been passed from spiritual death to spiritual life.
This is their first resurrection, which is found in John 5:24.
It is the reason those souls now live with Christ in heaven.
The point is that you cannot take John 5:24 which is spiritual and say this is about the FIRST BODILY RESURRECTION mentioned in Revelation 20:4-6...who is VERY SPECIFIC ABOUT THOSE WHO WILL BE RESURRECTED to REIGN WITH JESUS DURING 1,000 years....
Revelation 20:4-6
4 ....and [I saw] the souls of them that had been BEHEADED for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation chapter 20 is filled with symbolic language.

Is it a real chain made out of steel that binds Satan, or is it a chain made of the Blood of Christ?
You will have no doubt that the Pit of the abyss really exist when the events of Revelation 9 will happen...Note that is NOT SATAN WHO IS ACTUALLY BOND IN THE PIT....but Abaddon Revelation 9:11.

The two different types of resurrections in the passage as well as the length of time is also symbolic language.
It is a symbol of the Church Age.
These are very specific separate Resurrection ----1,000 literal years will separate the Resurrection mentioned in Revelation 20:4-6 and The Great White Throne Judgment.

In reference to Revelation 11:18.
Are you going to tell me you can have a time of the judgment of the dead, without a bodily resurrection of the dead, as found in John 5:27-30?
-Using only Revelation 11:18 can you give us any details about what the reward for the Prophets and The Saints will be ?

-What is the sentence or reward given to the other DEAD ?

-There is no mention in Revelation 11:18 of a judgment of those who are alive ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Using only Revelation 11:18 can you give us any details about what the reward for the Prophets and The Saints will be ?

-What is the sentence or reward given to the other DEAD ?

-There is no mention of a judgment of those who are alive ?

Rev 11:18  And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. 

We find "the nations" (which would be those alive) and "thy wrath" in the verse.
This correlates to the judgment of the sheep and goats found in Matthew 25:31-46.

In John 5:27-30 Christ speaks of the resurrection of "all" the dead and begins and ends the passage with language about Him being the judge.
That passage also includes reward and punishment.

Those are all of the details we are given.

The most specific phrase is that it is "the time of the dead, that they should be judged".

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 11:18  And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. 

We find "the nations" (which would be those alive) and "thy wrath" in the verse.
This correlates to the judgment of the sheep and goats found in Matthew 25:31-46.
What about the Battle of Armageddon where the Nations will be gathered Revelation 19 ?

In John 5:27-30 Christ speaks of the resurrection of "all" the dead and begins and ends the passage with language about Him being the judge.
What will be the reward allowed to the Prophets and to The Saints mentioned in Revelation 11:18 ?

Do you realize that what determine who is a SAINT versus an ordinary believer watching TV is that the SAINTS have been SLAIN their BLOOD VERSED....AND THE PROPHETS HAVE BEEN SLAIN.

Revelation 16:5
5 And I heard the angel of the waters saying, Righteous art thou, who art and who wast, thou Holy One, because thou didst thus judge: 6 for they poured out the blood of the saints and the prophets, and blood hast thou given them to drink: they are worthy.

You will be part of the Saints when your head will be chopped off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Per your position, in your opinion will there be any further resurrections after verse 29 has been fulfilled? The reason I ask, if the resurrection of life, and the resurrection of damnation, occurs simultaneously, and that the resurrection of damnation precedes the time of Revelation 19:21, does that mean the remnant in that verse will never have to appear at the GWTJ? Doesn't the GWTJ involve the resurrection of damnation, and wouldn't the remnant killed in this verse fit the damned? ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about the Battle of Armageddon where the Nations will be gathered Revelation 19 ?

What will be the reward allowed to the Prophets and to The Saints mentioned in Revelation 11:18 ?

Do you realize that what determine who is a SAINT versus an ordinary believer watching TV is that the SAINTS have been SLAIN their BLOOD VERSED....AND THE PROPHETS HAVE BEEN SLAIN.

Revelation 16:5
5 And I heard the angel of the waters saying, Righteous art thou, who art and who wast, thou Holy One, because thou didst thus judge: 6 for they poured out the blood of the saints and the prophets, and blood hast thou given them to drink: they are worthy.

You will be part of the Saints when your head will be chopped off.

Revelation 11:18 and Armageddon occur at the same time, since they are both about the time of Christ's Second Coming.

Thousands of our Brothers and Sisters are now being murdered all over the world for our faith, and so it has been since Stephen was stoned.

Death of our bodies is temporary.

The Apostle John was a Saint, even though he died an old man.
Would you agree that John was a Saint?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 11:18 and Armageddon occur at the same time, since they are both about the time of Christ's Second Coming.

Thousands of our Brothers and Sisters are now being murdered all over the world for our faith, and so it has been since Stephen was stoned.

Death of our bodies is temporary.

The Apostle John was a Saint, even though he died an old man.
Would you agree that John was a Saint?
Do you not know that John have been plunged alive in boiling oil ...The only reason John have -miraculously survived- such supplice and was placed in exile [prison] in the Island of Patmos is that God needed John to write the Book of Revelation.

It makes no doubt that Revelation 20:4-6 is the reward of the Saints Martyrs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the 7th trumpet occurs first, followed by Jesus then confronting the beast and it's armies, where the remnant are slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh----how could these remnant who are not even dead when the 7th trumpet sounds be at a judgment of the dead before they are even dead?
The 7th trump did sound in Revelation 11:15

Its your assumption in error that doesn't see this fact.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 7th trump did sound in Revelation 11:15

Its your assumption in error that doesn't see this fact.

Why do you think I don't see that the 7th trumpet did sound in Revelation 11:15? What's that have to do with the point I was trying to make? Do you perhaps think everyone on the planet are already dead before the 7th trumpet sounds? Do you think Revelation 19:21 occurs first, then the 7th trumpet sounds after that?

If the dead in Christ rise first, followed by those who are alive and remain being gathered to them in the air, what about Revelation 19:21? Neither of these events fulfill that. And once they are dead, what happens to them after that if the time of the dead and the judging of all of the dead already precede their deaths?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think I don't see that the 7th trumpet did sound in Revelation 11:15? What's that have to do with the point I was trying to make? Do you perhaps think everyone on the planet are already dead before the 7th trumpet sounds? Do you think Revelation 19:21 occurs first, then the 7th trumpet sounds after that?

If the dead in Christ rise first, followed by those who are alive and remain being gathered to them in the air, what about Revelation 19:21? Neither of these events fulfill that. And once they are dead, what happens to them after that if the time of the dead and the judging of them already precede their deaths?
The book of Revelation isnt in chronological order, its taught in parallel of same events.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of Revelation isnt in chronological order, its taught in parallel of same events.

I fully realize that the book of Revelation is not in chronological order from start to finish. No dispute there.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

None of this answers anything I asked you in that post though. This doesn't answer for me as to what to do with Revelation 19:21, per your position.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of this answers anything I asked you in that post though. This doesn't answer for me as to what to do with Revelation 19:21, per your position.
Revelation 19:11-21 & Revelation 20:7-15 are the same event of the final battle of Armageddon, second advent, final judgment.

The 7th trump takes place at the second advent, final judgment, eternal kingdom.

This takes place in the "Twinkling of an eye"

I don't understand your obsession with verse 21?

Verse 21 is read again as seen in verse 17-18 common practice in the bible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0