• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is the purpose of the thousand-year reign of Christ?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Quasar92, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Davy

Davy Well-Known Member Supporter

+336
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I think where many misunderstand about the consuming fire of 2 Pet.3:10 is not having realized the difference between this present world and the world to come.

The KJV word "elements" in 2 Pet.3:10 is not referring to material matter like chemical elements. The Greek word is pointing to a world time, a world order. Indeed it is about man's works being destroyed off this earth, not literally melting the earth into some asteroid belt.

2. DavidPT

DavidPT Premil, the correct position of course

+499
    United States
    Christian
    Married

I have to admit at least, you make some interesting points. Let me think on it for a bit on what you submitted, and maybe after that I will get back to you on this. Rather than me hastily concluding you are wrong, thus I am right, the typical MO around here.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  3. DavidPT

+499
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You are correct.

4. seventysevens

seventysevens Well-Known Member

+823
    Christian
    In Relationship
    It appears that you misunderstand what I said
    Jesus will appear in the clouds with great glory it is at this time that he makes His return to earth , he overthrows the wicked of earth , cast the beast and false prophet into the lake of fire , satan is cast into the bottomless pit and bound in there for the purpose that he cannot deceive the remaining humans on earth that accepted Christ during the Great Tribulation that are the people who will populate the earth during the 1000 year time period that satan is locked away in the pit .

After the 1000 years are over satan is loosed to deceive who he may -apparently God knows some people will Reject Jesus as King and choose to go with satan - just like the 1/3 of angels in heaven were tricked into believing satan would be better than Almighty God - After this is finished then the judgment of the Great White Throne judgment occurs and wicked get cast into the lake of fire
    Do you need scripture to support this ? As it is really clear in scripture

Also consider

Isa 51
    6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

2Pete
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

5. DavidPT

+499
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I'm in full agreement with you up to this part. Seems to me that the thousand years are basically a repeat of what satan did before he fell. satan knew God face to face, just like those during the thousand years will know God face to face. Yet in spite of that, satan still rebelled against God. In the same way, regardless that these during the millennium will have experienced the physical presence of God, they too, like satan initially did, will rebel against GoD and His government on the earth, somehow thinking they can overthrow it, which plays into the part about the deceiving of them.

When you brought Isaiah 51:6 up, your point was that this is fulfilled after the thousand years, rather than at the time of the 2nd coming?

6. Davy

Davy Well-Known Member Supporter

+336
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not sure in what relation I mentioned Isaiah 51:6, can you direct me to that post?

7. seventysevens

seventysevens Well-Known Member

+823
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I often use analogies to illustrate a point , that is my reference to the 1/3 of angels in heaven being deceived into believing that satan would be better than Almighty God .

It is not saying scripture in Rev 20 says that it is an analogy of why satan will be cast into the pit then released at a later time so that he is allowed to deceive people that are not satisfied with Jesus as King
    satan has been deceiving people and trying to get them to serve him instead of God all through history
    The 1000 years is in scripture for a purpose and cannot be denied ,

Isaiah 51:6 up- is just a comparison scripture to 2Peter in that it shows what happens
    I watched a Christian astronomer teaching on the earth and atmosphere and he also like other astronomers spoke of the atmosphere as firmament and some versions of scripture use that word in place of elements ,

8. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+778
    Christian
    Married
    Those left in Jerusalem are the saved believers that will pass through the last day judgment by fire. The wicked will be caught in the fire for eternity. All men will be judged by the Lords last day fire in judgment, "All Men"!

2 Peter 3:10-13, Zechariah 13:8-9, , Malachi 3:2, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15

9. DavidPT

+499
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Zechariah 13:8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
    9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Compared with----

Zechariah 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
    18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
    19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

The LORD really hears them alright---not. And these that might refuse to keep the feast of tabernacles, are really calling on His name---not. Why not instead conclude this fits the ruling of the nations with a rod of iron much better?

I'm uncertain where you are initially coming up with some of your theology, but maybe you should try a better source instead, since it doesn't seem to be working for you by trying to fit passages with one another, as if it were actually of the same context, when it obviously isn't.

10. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+778
    Christian
    Married
    I now understand your belief )

Your belief that the wicked live on earth in a whatever body and believers rule over them for 1000 years isn't in the bible.

Jesus Christ will return in the final judgment, eternal damnation, eternal kingdom.

Matthew 25:31-46 that I have posted "several times" in the past week explains this clearly.

When Jesus returns "Eternity Begins"

1.) Lake of fire "Eternity"

2.) Kingdom, New Heaven, Earth, "Eternity"

There will be no future 1000 year kingdom, where saved/righteous and unsaved/wicked will coexist

I must admit, first time in 40 years I seen that interpretation, thats original :)

11. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+778
    Christian
    Married
    1.) Do you believe the final judgment takes place at the 2nd coming? Matthew 25:31-46

2.) Do you believe this heaven and earth are literally dissolved by the Lords fire in judgment at the 2nd coming? 2 Peter 3:10-13?

3.) Do you believe in a "New Creation" in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem? Isaiah 65:17-19, Revelation 21:1-5

12. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+778
    Christian
    Married
    When Jesus returns with the holy angels, the"Final Judgment" eternal kingdom takes place.

You do not accept the biblical truth as factually true, why?

Matthew 25:31-46

Verses 31-32 Jesus returns with the angels, the nations are gathered before the throne for judgment.

Verse 34 The "Eternal Kingdom." Is presented to the righteous.

Verse 41 The wicked are judged to the "Eternal Lake Of Fire".

Verse 46 The righteous obtain "Eternal Life" and enter the "Eternal Kingdom" in verse 34.

You dont believe this biblical truth, there is no 1000 year kingdom on this earth to follow the 2nd coming, the eternal kingdom has started.

Is "Eternal Life" seen in Verse 46, Do the righteous enter a kingdom in verse 34 thats "Eternal"? 100% Yes!

It appears you don't want to see, and believe this biblical truth, why?

13. DavidPT

+499
    United States
    Christian
    Married

My views on these other things you bring up do not help your lack of dealing with what I brought up about your conclusions of those of the nations that remain after the nations had come against Jerusalem. You are claiming these are of the ones He will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. Where I then showed by comparing Scriptures, that those conclusions fail to add up.

Zechariah 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. This does not fit those left of the nations who had come against Jerusalem. No eternally saved person, post the 2nd coming of Christ, will ever be threatened with plagues if they fail to comply with certain commands. But an unsaved mortal person though, this would fit them to a T.

14. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+778
    Christian
    Married
    Matthew 25:31-46 clearly teaches you the "Eternal Kingdom" takes place at the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ, do you deny this biblical truth?

When Jesus returns with the holy angels, the"Final Judgment" eternal kingdom takes place.

You do not accept the biblical truth as factually true, why?

Matthew 25:31-46

Verses 31-32 Jesus returns with the angels, the nations are gathered before the throne for judgment.

Verse 34 The "Eternal Kingdom." Is presented to the righteous.

Verse 41 The wicked are judged to the "Eternal Lake Of Fire".

Verse 46 The righteous obtain "Eternal Life" and enter the "Eternal Kingdom" in verse 34.

You dont believe this biblical truth, there is no 1000 year kingdom on this earth to follow the 2nd coming, the eternal kingdom has started.

Is "Eternal Life" seen in Verse 46, Do the righteous enter a kingdom in verse 34 thats "Eternal"? 100% Yes!

It appears you don't want to see, and believe this biblical truth, why?