What is the point of Song of Solomon in light of eternity?

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Song of Solomon is about a type of love that exists between men and women (eros/romantic love) which will not exist in eternity. So why did the spirit make it canon within the 66 books of the bible? Why is it scripture?
I know people say, well it represents Jesus and the Church.. but that's not eros love, male believers are not going to have eros/romantic love for Jesus for sure and probably not the female believers either.
What profit will it be for these words to never pass away, to just remind us of a relationship and type of love that we can no longer experience?
It seems out of place, I know it's not out of place but I don't know the reason when the type of love between Christ and His church is Agape, not Eros. It's not sexual or romantic or physical, where Song of Solomon is very much describing romantic/sexual/physical.

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Song of Solomon is about a type of love that exists between men and women (eros/romantic love) which will not exist in eternity. So why did the spirit make it canon within the 66 books of the bible? Why is it scripture?
I know people say, well it represents Jesus and the Church.. but that's not eros love, male believers are not going to have eros/romantic love for Jesus for sure and probably not the female believers either.
What profit will it be for these words to never pass away, to just remind us of a relationship and type of love that we can no longer experience?
It seems out of place, I know it's not out of place but I don't know the reason when the type of love between Christ and His church is Agape, not Eros. It's not sexual or romantic or physical, where Song of Solomon is very much describing romantic/sexual/physical.
Christ - bridegroom , Church - bride and there is wedding in heaven

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
There is a p;rinciple I've become confident of, not only that not only does God not do anything in this temporal frame that goes to waste, but that all he does in this temporal frame serves as a copy or represents the REAL thing in Heaven.

God is not like us: Thus, fathers on earth are like God our father (no matter how poorly so), not the other way around. And the Eros we want to put into a category in and of itself, and attribute substance to, is like the Real thing in Heaven, however poorly it may be so.

We;ve seen here how both believers and non-believers try to decide what God would do according to what we would do, and that just doesn't work. We can get ideas, but not put confidence in doctrine built that way. (We've heard, "Well, Jesus did it"-- but our method was not like his. He limited his pictures to very specific truncated matters. His parables, too, were not given nor intended as absolutely accurate pictures.)

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Christ - bridegroom , Church - bride and there is wedding in heaven

But the type of love is entirely different. I went over that. Nobody's going to be cuddling and kissing their Lord and Savior.

Upvote 0