Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
See my definition in the OP. The feeling is unavoidable. The action could be a sin.

You are cherry-picking what I am saying. I've been nothing but fair to you. I have answered all your questions. You don't actually say anything about my argument. So you ask questions when it suits you and when I say something you cannot refute you ignore it.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are cherry-picking what I am saying. I've been nothing but fair to you. I have answered all your questions. You don't actually say anything about my argument. So you ask questions when it suits you and when I say something you cannot refute you ignore it.
Ask me one question.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I still do not understand. Are you saying that God commands us to feel worry and God commands us not to feel worry?

Don't worry is a command. There are no commands that say you should worry. So worrying is a sin.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You still have not answered my question. Does God command certain emotions and command we do not do other emotions?
I still do not understand the question. Are you saying that God commands people to feel a certain way and if you don't feel that way, you sin?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I still do not understand the question. Are you saying that God commands people to feel a certain way and if you don't feel that way, you sin?

Yes.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I would just define impatience in two senses: feeling and action. As an avoidable physiological feeling, it is not a sin. As a deliberative action, it could be a sin.

You are doing eisegesis.

Is thankfulness a command? How about joy? How about hope? Yes, they most certainly are. They are commanded to come from love of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would just define impatience in two senses: feeling and action. As an avoidable physiological feeling, it is not a sin. As a deliberative action, it could be a sin.

It's the enviroment that causes the feeling through chemical signals from the brain. It causes the feeling which is an impetus to action so I'm not sure that you can seperate feeling and action because of that.

For example, something (someone?) in the enviroment causes a feeling to be created within you, let's say, fear. So there's an impetus, flight or fight (or freeze!) and the fear can be embraced (fight), or rejected (channel it into anger because chemically fear & anger are very similar.) your adversary is now looking at the odds and even if you choose not to fight but to merely drive him away constitues fight even though there was no fight.

A feelin can cause a fight. A feeling can cause one to flee. SO, how to seperate them? I don't think we can.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's the enviroment that causes the feeling through chemical signals from the brain. It causes the feeling which is an impetus to action so I'm not sure that you can seperate feeling and action because of that.
I have not asserted in reality one can always do. I separated them as a matter of definition.

Upvote 0