What is the fate of animals when they die?

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Animals will be in heaven.
why?
Apart from other scriptures here is a definitive one
Isaiah 65:17-25, because some people do not hold animals in high regard which in itself is not a godly reaction, see Proverbs 12:10. there is no need to say they just die.
Anyone who has had the love of an animal has had the pure, unselfish love that would put many people to shame.
So why would God not allow our faithful beloved pets a place in His heaven when they did not sin against Him?
I long for heaven to be with God and also who else will be there too.:racehorse::cat::dog::deciduous::cherryblossom::catface::dogface::hibiscus::koala::horseface:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The horses are metaphors not real horses. There is no "eagle" flying in heaven proclaiming things in any part of Revelation.
The Bible says Messiah will return on a white horse. Where does the Bible even imply the horse is metaphorical, or that the eagle is metaphorical or that the animals composing the cherubim are metaphorical? Well, nowhere at all.

The Bible warns us very sternly not to add to, or subtract from, it. I see what the Bible clearly says, with no disclaimers. Am I going to believed the Bible or you (or you on anything in the Bible)? No contest.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if the Passover Lamb or that fish Jesus ate are up in heaven waiting for the great Animal Resurrection? Awkward!
I wonder if the Passover Lamb and the fish are "methaphorical" as you claim about animals mentioned in Heaven in the Bible? Well really I don 't wonder because, in both cases, there is no Biblical support whatsoever for any "metaphor."

All animals, like people, die one way or another. Probably you believe that people can die and be eaten by worms (or say cannibals) and get to Heaven, but if an animal dies and is eaten somehow it is disqualified.

Again, we are warned very sternly not to add to, or subtract from, the Scriptures. You interject your own personal biases and opinions over what the Word actually says, and read between the lines things that are not said, to match your humble opinions.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
All animal lovers. Here is a lovely, short, vid about a goat that decided to become a seeing-eye "dog" for a horse when it went blind. For years! There is just one example of why I feel some animals will go to Heaven and some people (like those who are hard hearted to animals) will not.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The horses are metaphors not real horses. There is no "eagle" flying in heaven proclaiming things in any part of Revelation.
ewq I also have a question for you. You say the animals in Heaven are "metaphorical", yet you evidently feel the Passover Lamb and the fish Messiah ate were not. So great ewq. Give me some Biblical backup that shows why we are to assume the metaphorical for the (mostly) animals composing the Cherubim, but not for the lamb and the fish. That is not a rhetorical request. I really want you to answer. Not with your opinion now. Sorry, that doesn't do it for me. Please cite any Bible verses that support that the animals in Heaven are metaphorical. You say they are. Maybe I missed something. What Bible verses even hint that they are? Kindly quote any such.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
ewq In case you are not familiar with this passage, for showing me how it is supposedly metaphorical in regard to animals, here it is:

Something like a glass sea, like crystal, was in front of the throne. In the center, by the throne, were four living creatures encircling the throne. These creatures were covered with eyes on the front and the back. The first living creature was like a lion. The second living creature was like an ox. The third living creature had a face like a human being. And the fourth living creature was like an eagle in flight. Each of the four living creatures had six wings, and each was covered all around and on the inside with eyes. They never rest day or night, but keep on saying ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is coming.’

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible says Messiah will return on a white horse.

Also says the Messiah is a lamb.

Where does the Bible even imply the horse is metaphorical, or that the eagle is metaphorical or that the animals composing the cherubim are metaphorical? Well, nowhere at all.

It's obvious the horse is metaphorical. Study some of the greatest bible teachers. I don't know of any true scholar that thinks the horses are literal horses.

And there is no Eagle mentioned in Rev. It only mentions an angel doing the proclaiming.

The Bible warns us very sternly not to add to, or subtract from, it. I see what the Bible clearly says, with no disclaimers. Am I going to believed the Bible or you (or you on anything in the Bible)? No contest.

Likewise, I'm certainly not going to take your hyper literal understanding of Revelation over countless scholars and experts that understand the use of metaphors.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ewq I also have a question for you. You say the animals in Heaven are "metaphorical",

There are no animals in heaven.

yet you evidently feel the Passover Lamb and the fish Messiah ate were not.

Pretty obvious why I would know that. Both were meats that Jesus ate and meat is the muscle tissue of an animal. Humans are omnivores and thus most eat meat as part of their diet. It takes experience and common sense to identify when something is a metaphor and when it is not.

So great ewq. Give me some Biblical backup that shows why we are to assume the metaphorical for the (mostly) animals composing the Cherubim, but not for the lamb and the fish.

Cherubim are angelic beings not "animals".
That is not a rhetorical request. I really want you to answer. Not with your opinion now. Sorry, that doesn't do it for me.

You aren't making any sense.

Please cite any Bible verses that support that the animals in Heaven are metaphorical.

This is the argument from silence fallacy. It's akin to me asking you for a verse that says animals are not used as metaphors. The question itself is fallacious. Just do some studying on biblical metaphors and read from scholars and teachers to gain a better understanding of these things.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All other considerations aside, the animals in Revelation are clearly metaphorical. This bizarre fundamentalist insistence on literalism is certainly not grounded in Scripture itself.

Painfully true !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There are no animals in heaven.

Pretty obvious why I would know that. Both were meats that Jesus ate and meat is the muscle tissue of an animal. Humans are omnivores and thus most eat meat as part of their diet. It takes experience and common sense to identify when something is a metaphor and when it is not.

Cherubim are angelic beings not "animals".

You aren't making any sense.

This is the argument from silence fallacy. It's akin to me asking you for a verse that says animals are not used as metaphors. The question itself is fallacious. Just do some studying on biblical metaphors and read from scholars and teachers to gain a better understanding of these things.
I can't make anyone see the obvious - or want to. Also, you have taken an insulting approach to me which is really against forum rules. Therefore you are no on ignore. Bye!

Upvote 0

Desires Light

Refreshingly different.
Jun 4, 2018
Queensland
✟10,388.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both man and animal were created by God. The difference between man and animal is that God created man in His own imagine and likeness, to rule over the wild kingdom. Man is a special creation of God's but this does not mean God does not love the rest of His creation. I see no reason why God would save a special animal on earth. I'm sure there will be more than just people in heaven.
Animals will return in the new creation.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you can extrapolate from Prov. 12 that animals are in heaven. It just says a righteous man takes care of his livestock. Of course. I have chickens and rabbits. I take care of them and keep my eye on them. It makes sense. I also take care of my house and car because it just makes sense. I don't expect to see any of these in heaven even though I took diligent care of them.

Upvote 0

Isaiah60

Anglican
May 30, 2018
Janesville
✟13,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Animals will return in the new creation.
I agree. I also believe God will recycle the souls of SOME animals who lived here on the earth. The Donkey that the angel of God spoke through will most likely be saved and remade into a new and improved donkey on the new earth. But the lions from the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" will neither see hell or be resurrected. Those lions are dead and will remain dead. I believe only mankind will see hell.

Upvote 0

Desires Light

Refreshingly different.
Jun 4, 2018
Queensland
✟10,388.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree. I also believe God will recycle the souls of SOME animals who lived here on the earth. The Donkey that the angel of God spoke through will most likely be saved and remade into a new and improved donkey on the new earth. But the lions from the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" will neither see hell or be resurrected. Those lions are dead and will remain dead. I believe only mankind will see hell.
Then both the heavens & the earth will be open for mankind to traverse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All animal lovers. Here is a lovely, short, vid about a goat that decided to become a seeing-eye "dog" for a horse when it went blind. For years! There is just one example of why I feel some animals will go to Heaven and some people (like those who are hard hearted to animals) will not.

I rest my case.
Thank you loricalady for posting this, it was beautiful.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I rest my case.
Thank you loricalady for posting this, it was beautiful.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Well, since you did, here are two more stories about how there is more to animals than we think.

Now, who would think a reptile would have any compassion or concern for a human, or anything? They aren't herd animals and the females generally just drop their eggs and take off.

For Animals. is with Annmarie Sirju.
January 20, 2013 ·
The giant sea turtle that saved a woman.

In 1974 52 year old Candelaria Villanueva was shipwrecked in the waters off the coast of Manila, Philippines.

She began to pray when a giant turtle swam toward her. Wildly she clutched its shell. For two days the turtle swam and towed her toward land, refusing to dive, which sea turtles need to do to hunt for food. The turtle stopped eating to save this woman's life.

When a ship finally picked her up the crew thought she had been clinging to an empty oil drum until the "drum" swam away.

The turtle circled the area twice as if to make sure the woman was safe.

Original article: http://news.google.com/newspapers…

Photo:Brocken Inaglory (not actual turtle that saved woman's life)

Who would think a shark would be as observant and insightful about humans as this one is? (Now, this vid doesn't show it, but the diver had kind of made friends with its whole group.)

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
AMBASSADOR HAT

Christian Advice is a no debate forum. Per the Statement of Purpose, always address the OP. If you wish to debate theology, do so in one of the theology forums.

Thank you.

Upvote 0