What is the Falsification for Abiogenesis and Theory of Evolution?

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's exactly what they get. They might not use those words, but kids aren't dumb, they get it. The columbine shooters sure got it.
And it's at least partly your fault--here you are, preaching that if biblical creationism isn't true we must be just chimps.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
To meet God? Yes I'm sure he did. And I'm sure he bowed, as all will.
No, there is no valid reason to believe that anyone "meets God". But that is another topic. The fact of evolution does not disprove some gods, it only refutes specific gods. It does not even refute all Christian versions of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, there is no valid reason to believe that anyone "meets God". But that is another topic. The fact of evolution does not disprove some gods, it only refutes specific gods. It does not even refute all Christian versions of God.
What does evolution have to do with whether he met God? I didn't say anything about that.
And now you are admitting that the entire theory does affect belief in God.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,063.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I never understood what people admire about Dawkins.

That's because (and this is a shot in the dark) you've never read anything he's written. He's a brilliant scientist, an excellent writer (his scientific books are much better than the ones on religion) and not afraid to call it as he sees it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's because (and this is a shot in the dark) you've never read anything he's written. He's a brilliant scientist, an excellent writer (his scientific books are much better than the ones on religion) and not afraid to call it as he sees it.
And he's wrong.

(I'm not afraid to call it as I see it either.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read some of his stuff in other books. He just sounds angry and not all that logical.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How many times have I been told on this thread that humans are primates?
We are; but that doesn't mean we are "just chimps." We are a unique species of primate by any estimation. For Christians we are primates with immortal souls.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I've read some of his stuff in other books. He just sounds angry and not all that logical.
He's an atheist who dislikes fundamentalists (who can blame him?) and he doesn't know very much about religion so he tends to tar all theists with the same brush.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are; but that doesn't mean we are "just chimps." We are a unique species of primate by any estimation. For Christians we are primates with immortal souls.
Lol, exactly what I said. Ok, so we are smart, special chimps. Doesn't sound a bit better. Doesn't make a person feel they are anything more than an animal created by chance mutations.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Lol, exactly what I said. Ok, so we are smart, special chimps. Doesn't sound a bit better. Doesn't make a person feel they are anything more than an animal created by chance mutations.
I'm not sure why it makes all that much difference whether God created our mortal bodies from a precursor primate or from a handful of dust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's an atheist who dislikes fundamentalists (who can blame him?) and he doesn't know very much about religion so he tends to tar all theists with the same brush.
Yes, quit pretending it's just fundamentalists he hates. .. whatever you decide that means. A person who believes the fundamentals of the Christian faith is not a bad person.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,063.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Can you tell me which books you've read? We can check his logic together.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,063.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If I remember right, Behe quotes Dawkins a lot in " Darwins black box."
That's probably where I read it.

I wouldn't say 'a lot'. I know he said this in the book: 'We are invited by Dawkins and Darwin to believe that the evolution of the eye proceeded step-by-step through a series of plausible intermediates in infinitesimal increments.'

And if you study the eye from the most basic of light sensing spots to the various types of eye we have at present then you can show extant examples of incremental changes from the one to the other. We are not 'invited to believe'. We are shown actual examples.

Got anything else?

Upvote 0