what is the biggest IDOL in yo house?

Saulball

Mar 29, 2004
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
The apostle John said "little children...keep yourselves from idols" I've added a few choices or add your own, and if you've overcome it:

Money
Television
Internet
Clothes (materialism)
Selfimportance(world revolves around you)
Cellphone
Games

Alot of these seem like normal things, but anything we put before God is an Idol (you shall not have any other GOD before me- or make anything God before me)

The good Kings in the OT cast down the idols built up in the land, and in the high places.

I have to confess, sitting in front of the TV or games on the computer took a ton of my time. ITs so easy to sit and do nothing sometimes.

IMO, if we "cast down or put away" our Idols, we will see God move in us and for us.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There is not a whole lot in my house that I truly say is an idol.

Jesus is on my heart and mind everyday, every hour, and minute of the day. I'm serious. I watch tv. but my mind drifts away to my Lord. I'm on the internet, but my mind drifts back to where it is happiest. I play the piano alot, but my mind is making melody to the Lord. I play games with my grandson, Playstation, I have fun with him, but my mind goes right back to the one I love. I wake up, and there He is.. I'm sorry but unless the Lord reveals something to me, I can't find an idol in my house, my mind goes elsewhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.