What is the best "way" to, if possible, to work toward of follow in keeping the commandments...?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are they cleansed as you commit them?

I'm asking to get an understanding of your beliefs. If you have scripture, than would be something I could look up. Thanks.

For someone who is so sure, why do you ask? Are you not secure in your faith? Why ask me?
Why does my belief effect yours?

Scripture? Where do I start? It is all there, conviction, repentance, forgiveness= Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
For someone who is so sure, why do you ask? Are you not secure in your faith? Why ask me?
Why does my belief effect yours?

Scripture? Where do I start? It is all there, conviction, repentance, forgiveness= Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings

Just trying to narrow it down where your belief comes from. You see, I'm a writer, and need to know other doctrines. When a belief is against scripture, and you hear it over and over, it must have come from somewhere. Where? It is nothing against you. You are probably repeating doctrines you've heard. It is just that my curiosity was piqued. And your profile's generic "Christian" doesn't tell me anything.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just trying to narrow it down where your belief comes from. You see, I'm a writer, and need to know other doctrines. When a belief is against scripture, and you hear it over and over, it must have come from somewhere. Where? It is nothing against you. You are probably repeating doctrines you've heard. It is just that my curiosity was piqued. And your profile's generic "Christian" doesn't tell me anything.
AH I see. I believe you have just come across a plain ole Christian, generic and pure.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is a new covenant of Grace which has replaced the Old Covenant. Becasue Jesus died, His blood covers all your imperfections. You accept this by faith, not actions.

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

What Does the Bible Say About New Covenant? - OpenBible.info
It didn't replace the OC though, but it "drew a bigger circle around that circle" basically, if you get what I mean by that...

And I wish to understand that aspect of it...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When you have been regenerated,you receive the Holy Spirit to help you walk in righteousness. We all quench the Holy Spirit so this is an on going work through sanctification. Rather than look at the list of commands given by God, we should be tuning into His Holy Spirit for guidance. The law is written in our hearts so we will be able to distinguish laws that are not important vs laws that we know should be observed. It will become second nature if you walk with His Holy Spirit.
Some Laws are not important...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The apostles gave warnings, but they never said it was impossible to maintain consistency in the Spirit. Even if we've quenched the Spirit, ourselves, we can't speak for everyone.
What defines consistency...? And if we are not always in it/Him, is there not the possibility for sin...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the best "way" to, if possible, to work toward of follow in keeping the commandments...?

What does keeping the commandments mean to you...? What does it look like...?

And/if because if you do have a different view, then, "What is it, basically or IOW's...?"

Or some of you might think keeping the commandments is not the main point, and if so, could you explain that maybe...?

Or some of might think it/that is not the point at all, and if so, could you explain that maybe...? Or tell us what is the point then maybe...?

Is is possible to keep the commandments or not...? And, if not, should we pursue or work toward keeping them at all...? And then if so, or if that answer is yes, then, "how"...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

I honestly don't think Jesus was big on rules. He told us to love the Lord with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength and to love our neighbor. If we do that we keep God's law as it was intended and we will not choose to do what harms us and/or others.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So in a way, it is super easy to love God others and self. But only if we replace the "little-g-god" which is our own selves, living under the guise of the ego, with the Living Creator God.
This is what happened when Adam and Eve ate the fruit. The devil was right. They had become "like God" knowing the difference between good and evil. Before then, they didn't have to know it, because they walked with God and trusted Him to determine good and evil for them. But after they ate the fruit, they became little "gods", and this was their rebellion and the rebellion of all mankind.

This is what humanism is. It is us being our own god - to determine what is appropriate or inappropriate for us. This is the basis of judgmentalism, where we judge others on the basis of what we believe is right or wrong. In this we are being little "gods".

What people call "righteous" judgment is just being one's own god and taking God's place in judging others.

Genuine conversion to Christ causes us to turn away from ourselves and to reject our own 'godsmanship" and to put our full trust in the Living God to determine what is good and what is evil for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What defines consistency...? And if we are not always in it/Him, is there not the possibility for sin...?

God Bless!

Paul talks about his conscience. It is my belief because of what I experienced when I received the Holy Spirit, and confirmed in scripture, thirty years after being a so-called Christian, that my conscience became super-sensitized. And I could feel His presence guiding me, but also empowering me. It is a matter of walking in truth. I believe that both Jesus when He said "Be perfect," and the apostles, when they said, "My children I say this so you will not sin," and also in the same epistle, "we cannot sin because of the seed of the Father in us," that it IS possible.

There is life and death in the power of our words. So, I also think we should be saying IF we sin, and not WE WILL sin. There is a huge difference in polarity of positivity and victory vs. negativity and defeatism. If you are doing well, but someone keeps telling you, you are a failure, and if you believe their negativity about you, you will act it out. Paul not only taught that we are dead to sin, he also taught us to get that truth into our mind and RECKON ourselves dead to sin.

When we have been cleansed of all sin when we are born again, and given the power of the Holy Spirit, we go from death to life - from sinner to son. John 8:34-36. Some believe what false teachers promote that we will always be sinners, even after being cleansed, and empowered, and teach it is humility to consider yourself a sinner saved by unmerited favor, but that is false humility, and a slap in the face to the power of the blood of Jesus to take away our sin, not just cover it up but it is still there. The true meaning of grace according to the Semitic writing style of Jewish writers is grace is the power of God given to you to make you free from sin, not free in spite of continuing sin. That is what Jude 1:4 is about - turning the grace of God into lasciviousness.

So when I see someone saying negative beliefs, as if 1 John 1:8 is about a Christian, and not a non-Christian in self righteousness before Christ and before 1 John 1:9 (read together) and being cleansed of all sin, I cringe, and wonder where that doctrine started.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul talks about his conscience. It is my belief because of what I experienced when I received the Holy Spirit, and confirmed in scripture, thirty years after being a so-called Christian, that my conscience became super-sensitized. And I could feel His presence guiding me, but also empowering me. It is a matter of walking in truth. I believe that both Jesus when He said "Be perfect," and the apostles, when they said, "My children I say this so you will not sin," and also in the same epistle, "we cannot sin because of the seed of the Father in us," that it IS possible.

There is life and death in the power of our words. So, I also think we should be saying IF we sin, and not WE WILL sin. There is a huge difference in polarity of positivity and victory vs. negativity and defeatism. If you are doing well, but someone keeps telling you, you are a failure, and if you believe their negativity about you, you will act it out. Paul not only taught that we are dead to sin, he also taught us to get that truth into our mind and RECKON ourselves dead to sin.

When we have been cleansed of all sin when we are born again, and given the power of the Holy Spirit, we go from death to life - from sinner to son. John 8:34-36. Some believe what false teachers promote that we will always be sinners, even after being cleansed, and empowered, and teach it is humility to consider yourself a sinner saved by unmerited favor, but that is false humility, and a slap in the face to the power of the blood of Jesus to take away our sin, not just cover it up but it is still there. The true meaning of grace according to the Semitic writing style of Jewish writers is grace is the power of God given to you to make you free from sin, not free in spite of continuing sin. That is what Jude 1:4 is about - turning the grace of God into lasciviousness.

So when I see someone saying negative beliefs, as if 1 John 1:8 is about a Christian, and not a non-Christian in self righteousness before Christ and before 1 John 1:9 (read together) and being cleansed of all sin, I cringe, and wonder where that doctrine started.
You make a lot of good points...

But I don't consider ones humbling themselves or choosing to humble themselves till they are truly out of it (sin) is a kind of false humility or anything...?

I think it is the way to true humility...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What does keeping the commandments mean to you...? What does it look like...?

And/if because if you do have a different view, then, "What is it, basically or IOW's...?"

Or some of you might think keeping the commandments is not the main point, and if so, could you explain that maybe...?

Or some of might think it/that is not the point at all, and if so, could you explain that maybe...? Or tell us what is the point then maybe...?

Is is possible to keep the commandments or not...? And, if not, should we pursue or work toward keeping them at all...? And then if so, or if that answer is yes, then, "how"...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
The only way to be obedient is stop focusing on the 10 Commandments and focus on the Spirit of God which was given at baptism. Surrender your spirit to God and allow the HS to teach us how to love properly. As we learn to love as God desires, we stop breaking commandments because the desire to sin fades away.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You make a lot of good points...

But I don't consider ones humbling themselves or choosing to humble themselves till they are truly out of it (sin) is a kind of false humility or anything...?

I think it is the way to true humility...

God Bless!

Not sure what you are saying. I'll have to go by my experience, as it confirms what I see in scripture. We have to humble ourselves while still outside, while the Holy Spirit is still in the drawing stage, and admit we are a sinner and repent for the first time (and if that repentance is true and takes, the only time needed), for that humility is bowing to Jesus, crying out to save us. That is when Jesus accepts us, and gives us His Own Spirit - the Spirit of Christ, without which we do not belong to Him. A slave to sin is no longer a slave when freed from slavery to sin, but a son. John 8:34-36. To not acknowledge our son-ship, and calling yourself still a slave, is a slap in the face to what it cost Jesus to free us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The only way to be obedient is stop focusing on the 10 Commandments and focus on the Spirit of God which was given at baptism. Surrender your spirit to God and allow the HS to teach us how to love properly. As we learn to love as God desires, we stop breaking commandments because the desire to sin fades away.

I agree, and in the literal sense, and not just in a 'positional' sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not sure what you are saying. I'll have to go by my experience, as it confirms what I see in scripture. We have to humble ourselves while still outside, while the Holy Spirit is still in the drawing stage, and admit we are a sinner and repent for the first time (and if it that repentance is true and takes, the only time needed), for that humility is bowing to Jesus, crying out to save us. That is when Jesus accepts us, and gives us His Own Spirit - the Spirit of Christ, without which we do not belong to Him. A slave to sin is no longer a slave when freed from slavery to sin, but a son. John 8:34-36. To not acknowledge our son-ship, and calling yourself still a slave, is a slap in the face to what it cost Jesus to free us.
Most peoples repentance doesn't stick usually the first time they try it for them, and if that's the way it happened/happens for you, great, but I think we've already discussed that that does not have to be everybody's way or path, and most of the time, just isn't the way it happens for everybody...

And humbling oneself in the meantime would be very wise, no...?

But, yes, you know it's funny sometimes, with all my anxiety about even going out my door sometimes, trying to think about everything, how I'm gonna be out there, ect... With all my "fretting about that", I find that a lot of time now, when I go out, I'm finding that I'm not remembering any of that prior fretting now sometimes, but am just in a mode of just "seeing what comes my way", along the way, and seeing it as a positive thing even a little adventure, that does not have to be all pre-thought out ect, trying to think of and conceive of every single possible possibility, ect...

And I sense the Spirit in me saying to me, kind of like, "Now, isn't this so much better...? Just flow with me... and in interactions with people, haven't you already seen and felt how this works and how much better it is when you just trust me and hand it all over to me already...? (For He knows I have experienced it, and saying "just move and flow with me, I got you, we got you, K..." And, "Doesn't this beat all that fretting and panic and working yourself up and anxiety all the time...?"

I'm working on it... We're working on it...

There is most definitely something to this whole walking in the Spirit and being in the Spirit and flowing in the Spirit thing though... I got to admit it feels awesome at those times...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not sure what you are saying. I'll have to go by my experience, as it confirms what I see in scripture. We have to humble ourselves while still outside, while the Holy Spirit is still in the drawing stage, and admit we are a sinner and repent for the first time (and if that repentance is true and takes, the only time needed), for that humility is bowing to Jesus, crying out to save us. That is when Jesus accepts us, and gives us His Own Spirit - the Spirit of Christ, without which we do not belong to Him. A slave to sin is no longer a slave when freed from slavery to sin, but a son. John 8:34-36. To not acknowledge our son-ship, and calling yourself still a slave, is a slap in the face to what it cost Jesus to free us.
Not being able to successfully do it all and do it all right the very first time and every single time after that, is not a slap in the face to Him, but is what he paid for (already)...

Or do you not believe He is the God of second chances...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Just because some people don't have an overnight experience with the Holy Spirit like you did, that no longer sins anymore, and therefore has no need of repentance anymore after that, ect, does not mean that is the way it happens for everybody, nor is the one and only kind of experience one can have with the Holy Spirit either...

Unless your suggesting that if one that has it any other way, or does not have or experience it/Him exactly and just like you did; is not saved, nor is saved till they do, ect, ect, so on and so forth...?

You not suggesting that right...?

Because I don't think God is that limited, and is much more multifaceted than that...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Not being able to successfully do it all and do it all right the very first time and every single time after that, is not a slap in the face to Him, but is what he paid for (already)...

Or do you not believe He is the God of second chances...?

God Bless!

Oh, yes, I do believe He is a God of second chances. And third. But what is scary to me is that I was in church for 30 years without the Holy Spirit! I wasn't saved! I had to constantly repent, because I was always doing something wrong. That is I was powerless. But when out of integrity of heart and honesty that I acknowledged in my own mind that I was indeed helpless, only then did I receive the Holy Spirit and wham, my life took 180 degree about face.

From then on we may grieve the Spirit, at which point we are out of fellowship with God, and must truly repent all over again. But once you've suffered enough from going your own way, you finally agree, it is just better to be obedient and not grieve the Spirit. Hebrews 5:8. And we never want to quench the Spirit. At that point, I think Hebrews 6 comes into play.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Upvote 0