What is the best "way" to, if possible, to work toward of follow in keeping the commandments...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When they were all of "one mind and one accord" what were they all in one mind and one accord about or in...? Were they all exactly the same then, or when they were...? (of one mind and one accord)...?

Or were there still some differences...?

And would those differences make for a slightly different way for everyone or not...?

Or how would they be different and the same, basically...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What He did none of could have done, nor ever can or could do, ect... Part of what makes Him God... Oh my God what He did! I don't know if too many of you really understand that like you should basically...

Anyway, So, How can we be exactly like Him or have to be exactly like Him to follow Him or be following in His ways, ect...? Since we all fail miserably most of the time...?

Can't be exact if you ask me, but like or alike "in a way" maybe...? So what is that "way"...?

God Bless!
Proverbs 3:5-6

Look to Him in everything.

John 14:15 philippians 1:6 proverbs 4:23

John 15:4 john 5:8 jeremiah 31:33 Philippians 4:6-8

I really do believe that God does it. We love Him, then learn to trust in Him as we obey Him. (That's why we pick up our mat and walk) Seek to know Him, read His word and pray. Then passages get called to mind. But I think we stop looking to our understanding and trying so hard when we realise we just can't do it. We kind of start losing the self reliance and rely on Him, I have been learning Proverbs 3:5-6 for 2 years, but it is humbling me and pride is a cause of many sins. I think that is a hard lesson to learn. I do think we grow more when we rely on Him not self. I think He brings it into fruition when we are submitted. The harder we try on our own, the more discouraged we get.

I'm really bad for trying to earn forgiveness from time to time. I might be passed it now. I'm also bad for self-condemnation. But I have seen most of the changes come through the lack of trying to do it under my own steam. I think. It seems that my eyes and heart are now more on Him rather than on what I can do.

It is easier to follow someone you are looking at than trying to follow while looking at your own feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Since all failures and shortcomings are Sin, and we all have failures and shortcomings, due our differences maybe, and if it is due to our differences...? How can we be walking in the way, being the hands and feet of Jesus, and sometimes mouth of Jesus, ect, with Sin still in us and in our lives since we all and continue to and do continue to have failures and shortcomings, especially compared to God, and fall short, and that is Sin...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since all failures and shortcomings are Sin, and we all have failures and shortcomings, due our differences maybe, and if it is due to our differences...? How can we be walking in the way, being the hands and feet of Jesus, and sometimes mouth of Jesus, ect, with Sin still in us and in our lives since we all and continue to and do continue to have failures and shortcomings, especially compared to God, and fall short, and that is Sin...?

God Bless!
I do not know but remember that God came to do what we can not do for ourselves.

He uses broken people. Look at the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11 (Not so sure about Enoch). They all were still sinners. None were perfect. We have the Holy Spirit there to help us and convict us.

God has used me while I still sin. I hate my sin but He still guides and conforms me. I am learning His ways as He teaches. I am sure many others can testify to that.

However, I notice that as I listen to those convictions my heart is pruned. Weeds pulled out. Deeper understanding of words like pride. More capacity to just automatically be obedient.

Do you notice that too?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not know but remember that God came to do what we can not do for ourselves.

He uses broken people. Look at the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11. They all were still sinners. None were perfect. We have the Holy Spirit there to help us and convict us.

God has used me while I still sin. I hate my sin but He still guides and conforms me. I am learning His ways as He teaches. I am sure many others can testify to that.

However, I notice that as I listen to those convictions my heart is pruned. Weeds pulled out. Deeper understanding of words like pride. More capacity to just automatically be obedient.

Do you notice that too?
Yes, I do, and I can definitely testify to that as I think many can... Our being sanctified... going "somewhere", aiming at or toward "something"...?

Good words and good post...

God Bless!

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The daily devotional I just put on is Romans 6:12-15

A Barrier to Enjoying God

(Not that I agree with his theology, but I do enjoy his sermons)
Messages/passages that directly confront sin...? Try to empower you to overcome, ect... Part of me wishes I could believe just believe it/that, but another part of me knows I just "don't" a lot of the time, "I find in myself this Law, ect)... (Romans 7:21) (Romans 7)...

Romans 7:21- "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me."

Romans 7:24- "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

Then what does he mean exactly by Romans 7:25...?

Romans 7:25- "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

Woe is me chieftain of sinners!

Poor Paul... Why is He so torn...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Messages/passages that directly confront sin...? Try to empower you to overcome, ect... Part of me wishes I could believe just believe it/that, but another part of me knows I just "don't" a lot of the time, "I find in myself this Law, ect)... (Romans 7:21) (Romans 7)...

Romans 7:21- "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me."

Romans 7:24- "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

Then what does he mean exactly by Romans 7:25...?

Romans 7:25- "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

Woe is me chieftain of sinners!

Poor Paul... Why is He so torn...?

God Bless!
Paul was tested, but what was the source of his testing or being tested...? Or tormented maybe, but I hope not...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess I am basically asking "What is the Way...?" Basically... In which and how we should walk...? What we should pursue to seek to achieve, ect...?

I would say "Walk in the Way", but what is "the Way"...?

God Bless!
I spent 38 years seeking the answer(s) to the questions you ask. God has told us to be holy as He is holy. The problem is how, right?

But after almost four decades of trying and failing miserably, God appeared to me twelve years ago and gave me the answer I had long sought.

I will share in a separate post about that miraculous night, but here I will simply give you the synopsis.

1) We are sinners, and in our flesh we cannot be holy.
2) Despite this, we are told to give diligence to holy.
3) After much failure, and not giving into the temptation to assume grace makes our need for holy character unnecessary, we must come to a breaking point where we long to be holy as He is holy but realize that just as it was with our initial salvation, so it is with our sanctification. We need a miracle.

This step is by far the hardest, for we have a hard time breaking and arriving at the point where we hate our own life, our efforts, our flesh itself. Yet it is precisely at this point that we can finally ONLY believe.

4) Thus, we are eventually to come to the point where our only hope is faith that His goodness is stronger than our failure and that He can and will do in us, what we could never do. He can make us holy. And here I am not talking about “positional” holiness,but His holiness actually manifested in our character.

So what is it we are to believe? We all know He died for our sins. We all have received His forgiveness. We cannot believe that any more than we do right now. What is it then that we are not believing?

We must believe that when He died, so DID we. We must believe that when He rose to newness of life, so DID we.
Knowing these things with our heads is not enough. We are told that with this knowledge, we are asked to step out and appropriate this newness of life by faith. It is the reckoning that Paul spoke of. This act of desperation faith perfectly epitomizes the principle Jesus gave us where we believe that we receive (with nothing to back up this except that God said it was so) and as we do, to our amazement, we discover that it truly becomes so.

And in these last days, we are about to be awakened to who we truly are, new creatures, and finally pick up our shields of faith that truly do quench ALL the fiery arrows that the enemy casts at us.

We as the church have spent 1900 years trying to “be good”, and have messed it up, and good. We are about to understand our mission is not to knock off the bad fruits we produce for new ones simply replace them. Our job is to make our tree good and that, dear brother, is done by our reckoning of faith.

Blessings,

Gideon

• Winner
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since God touched my heart and changed it.

I do so because it is good for my health, and the right thing to do.

Sin is not just about rules, sin is bad for you even in this world.

To others its a list of rules along with a spirit of fear and terror of going to hell if they don't keep it.

To some its a way of good living for God.

“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.” (1 John 3:4).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting subject. Doesn't anyone know the difference between the Old Covenant, Ten Commandments; and the New Covenant, Law of Liberty?

Exodus 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Law of Liberty (from sin)
Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Interesting subject. Doesn't anyone know the difference between the Old Covenant, Ten Commandments; and the New Covenant, Law of Liberty?
Jesus said, says, the two fulfill them, (or embody or accompany or encompass them) (They hang on them, ect)... That it is of a preceding covenant and Law (The NC) than the the OT Law covenant... That does not violate it or invalidate it nor destroy it, or abolish it, make it completely null and void, (the OT Law Covenant) ect...? But is actually supposed to live up to it, ect...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus said, says, the two fulfill them, (or embody or accompany or encompass them) (They hang on them, ect)... That it is of a preceding covenant and Law than the the OT Law covenant... That does not violate it or invalidate it nor destroy it, abolish it, ect

God Bless!

Both the Ten Commandments and the Law of Liberty are based on the eternal law of God to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength, and love your neighbor.

The difference is in how we keep each:

The Ten Commandments - with our carnal nature - weak
The Law of Liberty - the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What is the best "way" to, if possible, to work toward of follow in keeping the commandments...?

Matthew 22:36-38
36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 This is the first and great commandment.

What does keeping the commandments mean to you...? What does it look like...?

See above.

Or some of you might think keeping the commandments is not the main point, and if so, could you explain that maybe...?

Too often Christians busy themselves with church attendance, Bible study, prayer, tithing and so on never actually having obeyed the First and Great Commandment. And one day, they will stand before Christ who will say to them, "I never knew you." Above all, before all, God wants our wholehearted love.

Is is possible to keep the commandments or not...? And, if not, should we pursue or work toward keeping them at all...? And then if so, or if that answer is yes, then, "how"...?

What you're asking, basically, is how to live a holy life. There are three things integral to doing so: The Word of Truth, the Power of God, and the Armor of Righteousness.

1). The Word of Truth:

Psalms 119:11
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NKJV)
16 All Scripture
is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Ephesians 6:17
17 And take...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Holy Scripture is vital in the fight against temptation and sin. King David was not mistaken when he drew a direct connection between an intimate knowledge of God's Word and success in avoiding sin. Scripture was Jesus' first line of defense when Satan tempted him in the wilderness (Matt. 4:1-11). Every time he was tempted, Jesus said the same thing: "It is written..." The Word of God tells you what is true about God, about you - and about sin. Scripture exposes Satan's lying temptations for what they are and pierces through them with the truth which sets us free. The Bible is the sole offensive weapon God has given us in the spiritual armor we are to wear each day. We must, if we are to have any victory over the Enemy and the “law of sin in our members” (Ro. 7:23), follow God's commands to memorize His word (Ps. 119:11; Prov. 3:1-3; Col. 3:16a), meditate upon it (Ps. 1; 119:48; Phil. 4:8), and obey it (Matt. 7:21; Ja. 2:26)!

2). The Power of God:

You cannot be "holy as God is holy" in your own strength. In fact, God doesn't want you to try to be holy, He wants you to let Him be holy in and through you. Your job is to get out of His way, to submit to His will and way and be a vessel that He can use (2 Ti. 2:19-21). No amount of Bible memorization or quoting of Scripture in the midst of temptation will help you if you aren't living in full submission to God. Satan and/or the impulses of our own flesh cannot be properly and effectively resisted from a position of independence from God. We must first submit to God and then we are in the right place to resist the devil.

Philippians 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Romans 6:12-13
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield you your members
as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Romans 12:1

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

James 4:6-7
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from yo
u.

Christ described being his disciple in terms of a branch on a vine (Jn. 15:4, 5). He said that a branch, so long as it stays connected to the vine, will bear fruit. The branch doesn't have to fight and strain to do so, however; it doesn't grip the vine with all its might and quiver with the strain of sucking the sap out of it; it doesn't work hard to force fruit from itself. No, all that is required of the branch is that it remain in intimate and continual connection with the vine. And as it does, the life-giving, fruit-producing sap of the vine flows into the branch, enlarging it and producing its fruit through the branch.

A believer who is abiding in the Vine, who is living in constant, conscious surrender to, and union with, Christ, is one in whom the flow of the transforming power of God moves unimpeded. Such a person will find victory over sin a natural and inevitable consequence of their submitted communion with God.

3). The Armor of Righteousness:

Sin cuts us off from the power and full fellowship of God. (Ps. 34:16; Isa. 59:2; Ja. 4:4) If you don't keep short accounts with God, you will soon find yourself spiritually weak and easy prey for temptation. When you sin, as soon as you sin, confess it (1Jn. 1:9) and move on. You are running a race of sorts spiritually. Does a runner who wants to finish the race well, perhaps to win it, bemoan his situation and remain down when he has fallen? Absolutely not! There is no time to waste in a race! He gets right back up and continues to run. And so must the believer who has fallen into sin. Consider the apostle Paul's words:

Hebrews 12:1
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

Philippians 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing
I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Too often, believers think they must grieve their sin and condemn themselves before God so that He will forgive them; they must show themselves, by the degree of their upset over their sin, worthy of God's forgiveness. But this is to attempt to earn God's forgiveness and thus to contribute to the perfect atoning work of Christ on the cross! Certainly, a believer ought to feel sorrow over their sin (Ja. 4:8-10), but never with the view to making themselves thereby worthy of God's forgiveness. “Jesus paid it all,” the old hymn says; there is nothing that remains for us to do to obtain God's forgiveness. And so, when we sin, we confess it to God so that the forgiveness that is already ours in Christ may be applied to us. Having done so, all that remains is to resume the “race” and “press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

The Bottom Line:

Although there are three factors that have been emphasized as vital to living in victory over sin, they all rest upon what Paul explains in his letter to the Philippians:

It is because the believer has been indwelt by the Holy Spirit and by him made both willing and able to do God's will that the believer hungers for the word of God, and desires to submit to the will and way of God, and is eager to keep short accounts with Him. It is because the believer has been indwelt by the Holy Spirit that these desires may be positively acted upon. The Holy Spirit is the power source of the Christian life, working in and through the believer to fulfill God's will His way. There is, then, no genuinely born-again child of God who cannot live a victorious Christian life. It is their spiritual birthright and ought increasingly to be the daily experience of every true disciple of Christ.

Jude 1:24-25
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Both the Ten Commandments and the Law of Liberty are based on the eternal law of God to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength, and love your neighbor.

The difference is in how we keep each:

The Ten Commandments - with our carnal nature - weak
The Law of Liberty - the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Spirit or the Flesh...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The Spirit or the Flesh...?

God Bless!

One thing each has is a sign of the covenant. The Old Covenant Ten Commandments had the Sabbath as its sign, Exodus 31:13. The New Covenant is based on the blood of Jesus and the corresponding sign of it is the Cup of the New Testament, 1 Corinthians 11:25.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 22:36-38
36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 This is the first and great commandment.

See above.

Too often Christians busy themselves with church attendance, Bible study, prayer, tithing and so on never actually having obeyed the First and Great Commandment. And one day, they will stand before Christ who will say to them, "I never knew you." Above all, before all, God wants our wholehearted love.

What you're asking, basically, is how to live a holy life. There are three things integral to doing so: The Word of Truth, the Power of God, and the Armor of Righteousness.

1). The Word of Truth:

Psalms 119:11
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NKJV)
16 All Scripture
is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Ephesians 6:17
17 And take...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Holy Scripture is vital in the fight against temptation and sin. King David was not mistaken when he drew a direct connection between an intimate knowledge of God's Word and success in avoiding sin. Scripture was Jesus' first line of defense when Satan tempted him in the wilderness (Matt. 4:1-11). Every time he was tempted, Jesus said the same thing: "It is written..." The Word of God tells you what is true about God, about you - and about sin. Scripture exposes Satan's lying temptations for what they are and pierces through them with the truth which sets us free. The Bible is the sole offensive weapon God has given us in the spiritual armor we are to wear each day. We must, if we are to have any victory over the Enemy and the “law of sin in our members” (Ro. 7:23), follow God's commands to memorize His word (Ps. 119:11; Prov. 3:1-3; Col. 3:16a), meditate upon it (Ps. 1; 119:48; Phil. 4:8), and obey it (Matt. 7:21; Ja. 2:26)!

2). The Power of God:

You cannot be "holy as God is holy" in your own strength. In fact, God doesn't want you to try to be holy, He wants you to let Him be holy in and through you. Your job is to get out of His way, to submit to His will and way and be a vessel that He can use (2 Ti. 2:19-21). No amount of Bible memorization or quoting of Scripture in the midst of temptation will help you if you aren't living in full submission to God. Satan and/or the impulses of our own flesh cannot be properly and effectively resisted from a position of independence from God. We must first submit to God and then we are in the right place to resist the devil.

Romans 6:12-13
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield you your members
as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Romans 12:1
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service.

James 4:6-7
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
"God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from yo
u.

Christ described being his disciple in terms of a branch on a vine (Jn. 15:4, 5). He said that a branch, so long as it stays connected to the vine, will bear fruit. The branch doesn't have to fight and strain to do so, however; it doesn't grip the vine with all its might and quiver with the strain of sucking the sap out of it; it doesn't work hard to force fruit from itself. No, all that is required of the branch is that it remain in intimate and continual connection with the vine. And as it does, the life-giving, fruit-producing sap of the vine flows into the branch, enlarging it and producing its fruit through the branch.

A believer who is abiding in the Vine, who is living in constant, conscious surrender to, and union with, Christ, is one in whom the flow of the transforming power of God moves unimpeded. Such a person will find victory over sin a natural and inevitable consequence of their submitted communion with God.

3). The Armor of Righteousness:

Sin cuts us off from the power and full fellowship of God. (Ps. 34:16; Isa. 59:2; Ja. 4:4) If you don't keep short accounts with God, you will soon find yourself spiritually weak and easy prey for temptation. When you sin, as soon as you sin, confess it (1Jn. 1:9) and move on. You are running a race of sorts spiritually. Does a runner who wants to finish the race well, perhaps to win it, bemoan his situation and remain down when he has fallen? Absolutely not! There is no time to waste in a race! He gets right back up and continues to run. And so must the believer who has fallen into sin. Consider the apostle Paul's words:

Hebrews 12:1
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares
us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

Philippians 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing
I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Too often, believers think they must grieve their sin and condemn themselves before God so that He will forgive them; they must show themselves, by the degree of their upset over their sin, worthy of God's forgiveness. But this is to attempt to earn God's forgiveness and thus to contribute to the perfect atoning work of Christ on the cross! Certainly, a believer ought to feel sorrow over their sin (Ja. 4:8-10), but never with the view to making themselves thereby worthy of God's forgiveness. “Jesus paid it all,” the old hymn says; there is nothing that remains for us to do to obtain God's forgiveness. And so, when we sin, we confess it to God so that the forgiveness that is already ours in Christ may be applied to us. Having done so, all that remains is to resume the “race” and “press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

The Bottom Line:

Although there are three factors that have been emphasized as vital to living in victory over sin, they all rest upon what Paul explains in his letter to the Philippians:

13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for
His good pleasure.

It is because the believer has been indwelt by the Holy Spirit and by him made both willing and able to do God's will that the believer hungers for the word of God, and desires to submit to the will and way of God, and is eager to keep short accounts with Him. It is because the believer has been indwelt by the Holy Spirit that these desires may be positively acted upon. The Holy Spirit is the power source of the Christian life, working in and through the believer to fulfill God's will His way. There is, then, no genuinely born-again child of God who cannot live a victorious Christian life. It is their spiritual birthright and ought increasingly to be the daily experience of every true disciple of Christ.

Jude 1:24-25
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present
you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.
Awesome post, thanks...

God Bless!

Reactions: aiki
Upvote 0

Ing Bee

Son of Encouragement
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2018
East Bay
✟78,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I am basically asking "What is the Way...?" Basically... In which and how we should walk...? What we should pursue to seek to achieve, ect...?

I would say "Walk in the Way", but what is "the Way"...?

God Bless!
It's a great question.

The New Testament authors consistently present a portrait of a transformed life that is so radically different that it is a "new birth" (John 3). This new life is referred to using several phrases: new creation, new man, new self, etc. Without this new birth through the Spirit we cannot live in union with the Father and we cannot inherit eternal life. With the new life we are empowered to "walk with the Spirit" and experience the benefits of that fellowship (Galatians 5:22-25).

The Christian life is cooperation with the life of God at work, transforming and renewing us. I might lay it out like this:
  1. Understand what the Father has done for you through the Son by the Spirit (e.g. Ephesians 1:1-14, Titus 3:3-7, 2 Peter 1:1-4, Romans 6:1-11, John 3:16-17). If you keep this good news in the foreground of your mind, it will continually shape you and guard your mind.
  2. Determine to daily "take off" the old self, renew your mind through God's word (who he his, what he's done for you, and what he has given and promised), to "put on" the new self (Ephesians 4:20-24, Romans 12:2)
  3. Utilize the portraits of the old life and the new life in scripture to help you as you cooperate with the Spirit's transforming presence in your life (e.g. 2 Peter 1:5-9, Romans 6:12-13, Galatians 5:16-23, Titus 3:3, Colossians 3:1-17, Philippians 4:4-8)
  4. Rest daily in the Father's deep commitment to you (Philippians 1:6, the Son's deep identification with you (Hebrews 2:10-11, and the Spirit's deep transforming presence in your life (Philippians 2:13)
  5. Participate in the expansion of the Kingdom of Christ by :
    A) utilizing your spiritual gifts in the context of a Christian community (Ephesians 3:10)
    B) growing in your love and care for your brothers and sisters in Christ, locally and globally (1 Thessalonians 4:9, Colossians 3:12-14)
    C) living a beautiful life of love towards those in your life who are not yet followers of Jesus, adorning the gospel through genuine, practical concern for the well-being of your community (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12, 1 Timothy 2:8-10)
You are a Citizen of Heaven, so live in the culture of Heaven
You are child of God, so act like Dad.
You have a new life, so live in the new life-giving ways

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And/if because if you do have a different view, then, "What is it, basically or IOW's...?"

Or some of you might think keeping the commandments is not the main point, and if so, could you explain that maybe...?

Or some of might think it/that is not the point at all, and if so, could you explain that maybe...? Or tell us what is the point then maybe...?

Is is possible to keep the commandments or not...? And, if not, should we pursue or work toward keeping them at all...? And then if so, or if that answer is yes, then, "how"...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

There is a new covenant of Grace which has replaced the Old Covenant. Becasue Jesus died, His blood covers all your imperfections. You accept this by faith, not actions.

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

What Does the Bible Say About New Covenant? - OpenBible.info

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And/if because if you do have a different view, then, "What is it, basically or IOW's...?"

Or some of might think it/that is not the point at all, and if so, could you explain that maybe...? Or tell us what is the point then maybe...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
I believe that obedience to what Christ taught us about how we are to live is impossible without Christ moving into you when you are born again. You should continue to try to live an obedient life. Seek and you shall find is True. Perhaps fasting and prayer could help. Christ came to me as a thief in the night and I was not in a good place when He arrived. Christ never stops refining you until are able to bear much fruit. Once you are Truly Sealed in The Holy Spirit, The Word of God will be revealed to you in a living way that I cannot describe adequately. Please continue trying to live an obedient life. Until you are visited by Christ Himself, do your best.

• Friendly
Upvote 0