Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: {TO THE LEFT IS THE MESSIAH}

{TO THE RIGHT IS THE ANTI-CHRIST}and the people of the prince that shall come (Anti-Christ) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Its ONE VERSE but its TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE !!

You seem to not be aware that a prince named Titus, who was the son of the Roman emperor, and the people who came with him, "the people of the prince", known as the Roman Legions, destroyed the city and the temple in 70 AD.
Somehow you have changed Titus and or the Roman Legions into a future antichrist. That is quite a trick.

Jesus spoke of the destruction of the temple below.

Mat 23:38  See! Your house is left to you desolate; 

Luke recorded it in the Olivet Discourse. (from the NKJV)

Jesus Foretells Destruction of Jerusalem (subtitles from the NKJV)

Luk 21:20  "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 

Luk 21:21  Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.

Luk 21:22  For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Luk 21:23  But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. 

Luk 21:24  And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. 

The Coming of the Son of Man

Luk 21:25  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 

Luk 21:26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

Luk 21:27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I presume you mean "irrelevant."

Hmm...to characterize the wisdom of every historic true Christian Church father, reformer, teacher, leader, and pastor as irrelevant is quite extraordinary. I don't think I've even heard such a claim from any contemporary dispensational leader. You're certainly an exceptional individual.

How did they all go so wrong, and how did you go so right? I believe everyone on this forum would like to know.
I did not write right or wrong...as your argument is misdirection. I wrote that your argument citing historical figures doesn't matter, because to be a Christian is to be a follower of Christ, not men. And Jesus gave us the parable of the fig tree that we don't have to rely on any other historic figure or "ism's". It is from the bible we get the timeline.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dispensationalism’s obdurate and unconcealed disdain for, and rejection of, prophetic history originates with its founder John Nelson Darby, who once remarked “I do not admit history to be, in any sense, necessary to the understanding of prophecy.” Adrift thereof, it is no surprise that numbers of his opinions, observations, and conclusions increasingly took on characteristics that can only be regarded as hallucinatory. And, as has been demonstrated innumerable times over the course of church history, it is in the soil of such an environment that the seeds of apostasy and cultism germinate and flourish. George Santayana’s epic observation, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” while secular, seems also eminently applicable to dispensationalism’s condition. And the consequent condemnation is even greater when its repetition is due not to forgetfulness, but to deliberate rejection.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are a follower of Christ, and of dispensational men.
I am a follower of Christ, and of nondispensational men.
Firstly, you have made a false accusation. What are dispensational men anyway? Are they in the bible? Paul? John? Daniel? Who are the dispensation men in the bible that you are talking about? I wrote what matters is what Jesus said. And from the bible, we get timeline.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who are the dispensation men in the bible that you are talking about?

Did I say they were in the Bible? I didn't, because there are no dispensationalists therein.
Do you consider yourself to be a dispensationalist? Do you consider any other men to be dispensationalists?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Your avatar description states "anytime rapture view". "Anytime" includes pretrib. Pretrib rapture is a dispensational doctrine. If you believe in a pretrib rapture, you're considered a dispensationalist by nondispensationalists and other dispensationalists alike.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your avatar description states "anytime rapture view". "Anytime" includes pretrib. Pretrib rapture is a dispensational doctrine. If you believe in a pretrib rapture, you're considered a dispensationalist by nondispensationalists and other dispensationalists alike.
Yeah like you are the spokesman for them. Not.

No I am not considered a dispensationalist by anyone but an idiot, who doesn't know anything about dispensationalism. I do not divide man's history into dispensations. Stop the false accusations.

The rapture is a doctrine in the bible. The bible was not written by anyone claiming to be a dispensationalist, nor is a dispenstationalist. The timing of the rapture has to be pre-trib (pre-70th week) or not pre-trib (pre-70th week) by virtue of simple logic to be either one or the other. The anytime rapture view takes into account that it could be either before the 70th week begins or after the 70th week begins.

Your arguments are misdirection and have nothing to do with the parable of the fig tree generation, and with what the bible actually says because dispensationalists are never mentioned in the bible by Jesus or any of the apostles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the prince spoken of in Daniel 9:26 is the Anti-Christ that will rule SHORTLY. You just can't grasp it.....

Maybe I am having trouble grasping it in the same way that those who lived before 1830 did not "grasp it".
Based on thousands of pages of commentaries and sermons, no American preacher was able to "grasp it" at the time of the Revolutionary War.
Since you are a history major, you must be aware of this fact.

Maybe we cannot "grasp it" because there is no antichrist in the text and there is no "gap" of time mentioned in Daniel chapter 9.

The "prince" would have to be either Christ or Titus, since those are the only singular antecedents found in the text.

I cannot "grasp it" because it is a manmade invention not found in the passage.

The "covenant with the many" in Daniel 9:27 is the same "covenant with the many" in Matthew 26:28.
The scriptural reference beside of Daniel 9:27 in my NKJV Bible is Matthew 26:28.
Maybe you think the publishers of the NKJV Bible cannot "grasp it" either.

Those who published the 1599 Geneva Bible could not "grasp it" either.

Daniel 9:27 from the 1599 Geneva Bible

And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And another one bites the dust. :blush:

Thanks, BAB2, for a very masterfully wielded two-edged sword.

Thank you, for your willingness to speak the truth.

Sometimes the condemnation and darts coming in our direction are very difficult to ignore.

However, we are to also love those who have another viewpoint. Although at times it is not easy.

I love you, Brother.

Upvote 0