keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If you have a Marxist world view, you are correct. The education systems of the Western world have been taken over by the Left. The current education system turns children into snowflakes. There is nothing adult about wanting the state to take over every aspect of your life.

I'm about as far from a Marxist as you can get without going into totalitarian camp.

Come to think of it most communist regimes are anti intellectual.

Now it you thought I was saying that I thought the education system should have primary responsibility in turning a child into a useful adult then I see your point. But her actions and attitude actively work against accomplishing that goal, making it harder for parents and almost impossible for any kid whose parents are also failing.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm about as far from a Marxist as you can get without going into totalitarian camp.

Now it you thought I was saying that I thought the education system should have primary responsibility in turning a child into a useful adult then I see your point. But her actions and attitude actively work against accomplishing that goal, making it harder for parents and almost impossible for any kid whose parents are also failing.
How about school choice? Problem solved

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The employer has the burden of proof, not the employee
Yes! That is exactly what the fifth test of just cause says. The employer must show real proof of what it is accusing the employee of.
In my opinion, it shouldn't be. Since my whole point is to not make more law, or law which switches the burden of proof. The accuser has the burden of proof, not the accused.
. Yes, the seven tests of just cause put the onus on the employer to provide proof and make a case. If we implemented just cause, then employers could not fire people without proof. Isn’t that what you want too?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes! That is exactly what the fifth test of just cause says. The employer must show real proof of what it is accusing the employee of.
. Yes, the seven tests of just cause put the onus on the employer to provide proof and make a case. If we implemented just cause, then employers could not fire people without proof. Isn’t that what you want too?
Wow what a twisted response. The former employee is the accuser, not the employer.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It all can be taken to court.
No, unfortunately it can’t. Most employers now make people agree sign away those rights. And if you didn’t sign an arbitration agreement, you still are not likely to be able to afford to sue. And then, as you noted, the burden of proof would be on you, not the employer.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, unfortunately it can’t. Most employers now make people agree sign away those rights. And if you didn’t sign an arbitration agreement, you still are not likely to be able to afford to sue. And then, as you noted, the burden of proof would be on you, not the employer.
The burden of proof should be on the accuser. Having to prove any accusation against yourself false costs money too. No I like being assumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It is protection. Who wants to be assumed guilty at mere accusation?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How about school choice? Problem solved

That isn't a viable choice for the poor unless the districts also provide free effective transportation. And if it provides the excuse for retaining bad administrators and teachers it exacerbates the situation.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The burden of proof should be on the accuser. Having to prove any accusation against yourself false costs money too. No I like being assumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It is protection.
But an employer that fires you is also an accuser. As an employee, shouldn’t you also be presumed innocent until proven guilty?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That isn't a viable choice for the poor unless the districts also provide free effective transportation.
Not if the money for education follows the child.
And if it provides the excuse for retaining bad administrators and teachers it exacerbates the situation.
That's the problem now without school choice. The money should follow the child by the parents choice so they are not stuck in failing schools.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But an employer that fires you is also an accuser.
No they aren't. You want to make it that way by creating laws which make them such.
As an employee, shouldn’t you also be presumed innocent until proven guilty?
As an employee my rights are intact, if i believe my rights have been violated i can opt to sue, by proving that in a court of law.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No they aren't. You want to make it that way by creating laws which make them such.

As an employee my rights are intact, if i believe my rights have been violated i can opt to sue, by proving that in a court of law.
Lol. You’re actually saying that if you get fired for being lazy, or for stealing, or for violating the attendance policy, they are t accusing you of anything? You know, you can have a different perspective from me and still agree on basic stuff like the definition of the word “accuse.”

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Lol. You’re actually saying that if you get fired for being lazy, or for stealing, or for violating the attendance policy, they are t accusing you of anything?
Legally, no unless they take me to court for theft.
Or, if they fired me for being lazy based upon covering up any discrimination etc, I can take them to court
You know, you can have a different perspective from me and still agree on basic stuff like the definition of the word “accuse.”
I thought we were talking about accusing as in a legal action sense. Were we not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I'm not big on teaching children that it's okay to change gender on a whim, that homosexuality is completely normal, that the world owes you a living, that being white, male and heterosexual is a crime against humanity, that women are inherently superior to men and that Marx is the saviour of the world. They are also being taught that that to disagree with any of those notions is evil.

It is not the job of educators to raise children. That's the job of parents.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not big on teaching children that it's okay to change gender on a whim, that homosexuality is completely normal, that the world owes you a living, that being white, male and heterosexual is a crime against humanity, that women are inherently superior to men and that Marx is the saviour of the world. They are also being taught that that to disagree with any of those notions is evil.

It is not the job of educators to raise children. That's the job of parents.

All but one of those is a strawman.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He statement shows she is ill suited for that task and is in fact working toward a very different result.
It really doesn't. Your assertion is a non-sequitur.

Many medical professionals are no doubt confronted by examples of patient foolishness and stupidity on pretty much a daily basis, and yet they are capable of remaining professional, and helping those patients to the best of their ability.

I see absolutely no reason why you would consider it valid to assume that education professionals are not capable of doing the same. And that is all your post is. It is just an assumption, and an invalid one at that. Nothing more.

Upvote 0