Pseud

Jesus Geek
Sep 15, 2003
US
Visit site
✟16,195.00
Faith
Christian
During the last year as my relationship with God has grown, I've noticed that some things in my life strongly relate to parts of my relationship with God that need improving. For example, I might be struggling to put God first in my life and be going through a phase with my partner where I feel I'm not coming first.

Has anybody else noticed this in their lives?

For those who have, can you take some time out soon and look at your life and your relationship with God and figure out what He's teaching you right now?

Right now, I just know I'm being taught not to judge others and not to speak ill of others. I think i've been learning this lesson for a while and only just realised it. My workplace is FULL of gossip, and people being catty toward each other behind their back. It's really horrible, but I've prayed on it and asked, and some things are being ironed out (Thank you, Lord!)

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm really glad to hear that I'm not the only one that God works on. Last year, I went through one of the roughest trials I have ever been through. During that process God taught me the following things, and I will try to get them in the right order.

1. Don't talk negatively about people. If you have nothing good to say, keep quiet.
2. Pay attention to what you tell people. If you tell someone you are going to do something. Make sure you do it.
3. Words are very powerful. The right ones can heal, the wrong ones can kill.
4. Value your true Christian friends. The people that genuiely care for you and are there for you when you are at your lowest, and put you as a priority in their lives. Those are your true friends, a gift from God, take care of them, they are invaluable to you.
5. Have compassion on people. Tommorow you might need it.
6. Sow good, so you can reap it. If you sow bad you will reap it.
7. Apologize to those you have hurt, and done wrong. It will help to heal broken relationships.
8. Always tell people the truth. It will set you all free.
9. Forgive those who have hurt you. If not God won't forgive you.
10. Pray that God will bless those who have hurt you.
11. Put your relationship with God First in you life.
12. Be 100% honest when you talk to God. Tell him the depths of your heart. He will help you always.
13. Actively Seek God in your life. You will find Him!! Pray and Read the Bible all the time. Study and seek God's ways. Then apply it to your life.
14. Love God will all your heart. He is the true love of your life.

Upvote 0

TransformedByGrace

Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is teaching me to grow up, put away childish things(which we usually view as adult things, like fast cars and sports scores...), and training me to be a gentlemen and a man of God worthy of asking a girls hand in marriage(not soon though, of course ;))

Upvote 0

Crys2God

Mar 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
✟7,736.00
Faith
Christian
There are so many things God is doing in my life right now and it is something that he has been trying to get my attention to for so long. I am learning to put him first in my life. To take time out from the busy humdrum of everyday life and take a deep breath and say, hey I am right here to guide you through. You don't need to do this all alone, you don't need to put so much on your shoulders. Let me help you in your journey. Trust in me as I trust in you.
I am taking steps to remember this everyday and I know with the Lords help my load with school, work, and home life will be so much better. Maybe my husband and I will quit arguing so much. The Lord is shining like a light in my life so much brighter than ever before and all I pray for each morning is that this light does not fade away as I have let it do so in the past.

Upvote 0
To see his many daily blessings and be thankful Psalms 68:19
To love with His love (agape) to forgive even when I don't want to.
To die to self daily and let Him live through me.
To give him thanks in the bad times as well as the good times even when I don't see what good can come of the situation.
Ephesians 5:20

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jacob4Jesus

Dork For Jesus and Proud of It
Sep 18, 2003
Wauconda, IL
✟3,922.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think God is teaching me that no matter how bleak things look, he is always here for me. Right now, it's been tough, but I believe he knows what I am going through and is here to help me. It's a struggle, but I feel he is with me.

Upvote 0

desper84unity

Jul 31, 2003
✟352.00
Faith
Christian
He is teaching me that unity of the Body won't happen through politics, it won't happen through compromise, it won't happen by any effort of man or woman, but by the Spirit of Obedience.He is teaching me that unity in the Body won't happen through politics, it won't happen because of compromise, it won't happen by any effort of man or woman, but by submission to the Spirit of Obedience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chosen1975

Sep 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
✟217.00
Faith
Christian
One thing Jesus is teaching me is, how desperately I need Him. How I need to be conformed to His image, and how difficult it is. How I must sacrifice myself to Him in order for Him to work in and through me. Not just something easily done as i have not arrived there yet. I believe He is possibly breaking my heart, causing me to be remorseful for the sin or iniquity that is in my heart. He is also showing me that I know nothing of what I once thought I knew.:cry:

Upvote 0