Jun 24, 2003
Southern CA
Visit site
✟718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow - it's really awesome to hear how God's working in all of your lives and really encouraging. Right now, God's just been teaching me that His plans are always for the best - I shouldn't worry about anything and that whatever He wants to happen, will happen. Often it's hard to get off of the "rely on yourself" mode, but God works in incredible ways when you do.

Upvote 0

faith177

growing
Aug 18, 2003
BC
Visit site
✟382,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God is teaching me not to judge others its so easy to say well I am not perfect but at least I dont do "that" He is teaching me that nothing in this world is that important to get all worked up about, so let it go and focus on what is important, God , and what He wants us to do. Love Him and Love your neighbor.

Upvote 0

Blessedone_74

"Avon Lady Calling"
Oct 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟2,157.00
Faith
Baptist
:holy: At this point in my life the Lord is teaching me to use my body as a living sacrifice. He's teaching me that my body is a temple for the Holy Spirit and I need to use it in a holy way, giving God all the honor and glory in all things I do. This hasn't been easy, as we all know our fleshly nature wants to take over a lot. I find myself fighting this battle almost daily. But sense the Lord has begun teaching me this in the past couple weeks it has gotten much easier, Amen!!

Upvote 0

Blessedone_74

"Avon Lady Calling"
Oct 2, 2003
California
Visit site
✟2,157.00
Faith
Baptist
:clap: Me again. Just wanted to report that I had some huge darts thrown at me from the enemy this morning. I ended up backsliding for about two minutes then I heard the Lord talking to me and He pulled me out of it. I felt like I had a spiritual battel going on inside me. I could feel myself being pulled in both directions. But I stopped and prayed and the Lord saved me yet again, Amen!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Gods been teaching me to let him shut the doors of the enemy where we let him in, in our weakness' or sin in our lives, so the enemy cant attack there anymore, and so when the enemy does come to the doors he used to come too he is going to be met by the Holy Spirit this time instead of us . Praise God give God praise in the midst of your toubles you'll see his presence descend to destroy the enemy.

Upvote 0
God is always teaching me to let go and let Him---for me to give up control. I'm learning this first hand as I step down as chair of worship&Music.. though it is my desire to step down... I am finding it difficult to let go... my mantra of late is F.R.O.G. Fully Rely on God.

This is a great forum... I am new here but hope to post often.

Upvote 0

erinm

Sep 21, 2003
Newnan
✟189.00
Faith
Christian
God is showing me everyday to rely more on him. Everyday I must realize the things or people I should give to him. He allows me to place him in the center of my life, only when things are not consuming all of me. I always have to remind myself that I want to be filled with the spirit and have him consume my whole heart, not just the things I want him too. I encourage everyone to place in him all our doubts, all our worries and worldly deals to him. Maybe if we did this, then we would start to realize more often what Our Savior has been doing in our lives. He is always our God, always Father. He teaches us things everyday.:angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vollkommen Warrior

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Christian
God is teaching me to be responsible and if I am not he is correcting me with a strong hand. I know this was why I got near deathly sick the last time I went out partying. I stopped drinking completely at parties or any event. I was acting foolish and stupid for my posistion in life. I did not have a drinking problem, just became a different personality altogether so I just refuse to drink at all now. Not until I have refused, do I see how bad I was acting beforehand. Great thread by the way.:)

Upvote 0

imasharp

I've got the POWER!!!
Jun 24, 2003
Kentucky
Visit site
✟1,096.00
Faith
Christian
I could write a book on this one.

Have a merry heart and a cheerful countenance.
God only allows in my life, what I allow.
God is first, not my hubby or the kids.
Tithing is a first, not just when I have it. This pertains to money and time.
GOD is faithful even when I am not.
Process
Accountability

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GirlForChrist

Desciple For Christ
Sep 9, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,197.00
Faith
Christian
mrstace said:
I'm really glad to hear that I'm not the only one that God works on. Last year, I went through one of the roughest trials I have ever been through. During that process God taught me the following things, and I will try to get them in the right order.

1. Don't talk negatively about people. If you have nothing good to say, keep quiet.
2. Pay attention to what you tell people. If you tell someone you are going to do something. Make sure you do it.
3. Words are very powerful. The right ones can heal, the wrong ones can kill.
4. Value your true Christian friends. The people that genuiely care for you and are there for you when you are at your lowest, and put you as a priority in their lives. Those are your true friends, a gift from God, take care of them, they are invaluable to you.
5. Have compassion on people. Tommorow you might need it.
6. Sow good, so you can reap it. If you sow bad you will reap it.
7. Apologize to those you have hurt, and done wrong. It will help to heal broken relationships.
8. Always tell people the truth. It will set you all free.
9. Forgive those who have hurt you. If not God won't forgive you.
10. Pray that God will bless those who have hurt you.
11. Put your relationship with God First in you life.
12. Be 100% honest when you talk to God. Tell him the depths of your heart. He will help you always.
13. Actively Seek God in your life. You will find Him!! Pray and Read the Bible all the time. Study and seek God's ways. Then apply it to your life.
14. Love God will all your heart. He is the true love of your life.
Me too.

But right now, He is teaching me to be patient, and true to myself, to Him, and to my boyfriend...Hes teaching me to seek Him in very aspect of my life

Upvote 0

leastone

Oct 13, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟16,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All:

The Lord is teaching me how to overcome my tendencies toward willfulness (disobedience, rebelliousness) by being obedient in the smallest of things. To pull down old - and therefore way-too-familiar - strongholds in my mind, and not quit until they are truly smashed. To not be moved by my feelings or my mood, but by His Word only.

Upvote 0