Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We're in the thread of the OP.
Rules don't say I HAVE to talk to you.

No you do not.
But you must stay within the subject of the OP

You're obnoxious because you think you are always right and won't listen to what anyone else says; even when they point out your error.

No, I know what I know.
It cannot be REFUTED with Scripture because it HARMONIZES with all Scripture.

I listen to what others say and I CORRECT them when they contradict Scripture.
THAT is what the Saints are commanded to do...
Is this "news" to you?

WHEN has anyone "pointed out my error"
You pretend sir.

Listen, I understand how it must "feel" to find someone who understands Biblical mysteries
that were "closed-up" and "sealed" until the Last Saints "shall understand" (and preach) the TRUTH
at the "Time-of-the-End"

It must be very uncomfortable for those who do NOT "understand" the Truth
but that does NOT make me obnoxious... that makes you under my spiritual "dominion"... as the Bible PROMISED.

Dan 7:26
But the judgment [of God] shall sit [shall Rule], and they [the Last Saints] shall take away his dominion,
[the Anti-Christ's and his "tares" authority] to consume and to destroy it [the Fourth Beast] unto the end. [end of time]

Jim

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, why do you not address my comments?
Why did you not address post #110 first ? Good job changing
the subject and you ignored/deflected from that post. Because
You could not refute scriptures given on Gods 1000 year reign.
I listen to what others say and I CORRECT them when they contradict Scripture.
You did not refute anything in post #110 just ignored it so it must be right.
It cannot be REFUTED with Scripture because it HARMONIZES with
all Scripture. Most every major book in the bible touches on it.

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these,
saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Why must you DEFLECT instead of respond?
I asked you this question last friday in Post #54 you ignored, I am re-asking.

"A woman sits upon a scarlet colored beast that kills saints.
Who is this "The woman" who rides this "the beast"?" I asked.

But you dodged/avoided and never answered, like half the questions I ask,
you pick an choice. A woman/church sits or rides seven horns.

These horns come-up out of Daniels 4th beast,
After The the fourth beast had a deadly wound.
After the first 3 horns where plucked-up/pasted.

Who is this "woman" who rides/controls this "beast" ?
How does the beast get a deadly wound ? What caused it,
And what occurred that later this beasts wound was healed?

Secondly, I am perfectly able to explain the Woman.
Why should I?
Please you are the expert on eschatology, tell us first, I asked first.
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

Better think again.
Ask whatever questions you want.

I have all the answers because I am one of those who "shall understand".
Besides questions above, how about also in the time of the end
Who is "the king of the south", and "the king of the north" in Daniel 11:40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Number of the ‘Beast’ 666 , What is it-Whose Number Is It?

“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark,
or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

"Here is wisdom"...

Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"A woman sits upon a scarlet colored beast that kills saints.
Who is this "The woman" who rides this "the beast"?" I asked.

But you dodged/avoided and never answered, like half the questions I ask,
you pick an choice. A woman/church sits or rides seven horns.

I did not answer your question
WHY? Because the answer is FAR OVER your head.

Before you ask about the Woman
First you need to understand many other things

Do you understand Daniel's Four Beast represents
the (1st) Pre-Flood Kingdom and the (2nd) Jewish Kingdom
and the (3rd) Christian Kingdom and the (4th) Great Tribulation Kingdom?

If you do not already understand this Truth
you are NOT READY to hear the Truth about the Woman.
They are RELATED

Do you understand
Daniel's Fourth Beast = the Revelation Beast = the Great Triulation = the Rule of the Anti-chist = Satan's "Little Season"?

IF you do not already understand this Truth
you are NOT READY to hear the Truth about the Womam
They are RELATED

/

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You have some good information here. I'll have to go through all the passages and see if you have any I missed; Although right now, I'm not seeing any that don't look familiar to me.

Although you do have some observations of details that I hadn't caught: I.E. the 2300 "evening morning" to "clean the sanctuary".

Now do you have a verse that specifically says that 360 days is a "prophetic year"?

When I looked at the "time, times and 1/2 time" I found some "interesting coincidences historically.
If 1000 years is as a day and a day is as 1000 years:
Time = 1000 years?
Times = 2000 years?
1/2 Time = 500 years?
Humanity has had written Scripture 3500 years now.
"Times of the gentiles" = 2000 years?

There's a couple of references in Daniel to kings (or kingdoms) reigning "for a time". The Samaritans lasted a literal 1000 years. (From the exit of the Babylonian captivity till the Byzantines destroyed them in 500 AD) They were the last of the 1/2 (assumed 10 northern tribes) and Assyrian / Greek heritage.

The rebellious of Judah and Benjamin were destroyed by the Romans by the end of the 1st century; vey beginning of the 2nd century.

There's "times" from Abraham to Jesus = 2000 years.
"Times" from the crucifixion / Pentecost would bring us to 2033 AD.

There's a bunch of other reference to "a time", and "times" I just found in Daniel that I'll have to go look at. If the "millennial reign" was actually to be "a (literal) time" (1000 years) but the beast and false prophet are given "the time" (of the end). Is this why we're still in that 2000 year span? I'm not sure the answer to that; but it does raise some interesting questions / observations.

Now I don't know if these historical details have any "prophetic relevance" but they are certainly interesting in relation to "time tables" as history itself has unfolded.

Another one: I came to a certain realization a while back that there's 2300 days from when the angel appears to John's father to when Jesus returns from Egypt. I'm hypothesizing here that they returned about 2 to 3 BC. Jesus would have been about 4 years old. Herod the Great died in February of 4 BC. I think he's the one in Daniel "broken without hands". (Daniel 8:25) He "stands up against the Prince of princes." (He tried to kill Jesus when Jesus was 2 years old.)

The sanctuary "cleansed" also means "vindicated". Jesus (the "sanctuary") was "vindicated" at the point Herod the Great died; having been struck down by God "without hands". Same thing happens to Agrippa 1 in the book of Acts. Although the text there literally says God struck him down. The "little horn" I believe is Agrippa I.

Was having a conversation with someone on another thread about Antiochus IV being the "little horn" But there's some issues with that. (Some of this is just "copy past" info I'd posted to the other thread while digging around at historical records.)

I dug a little further into the Herods:

You (the other person in that thread) agree that "the Prince of the host" is Christ; correct? Well that narrows down who could possibly be "the little horn" in Daniel. It could not be Antiochus IV because that was 200 years before Christ.

So, it would have to be one of the Herods.

What more could Herod the Great do against the Prince of the host than to try and kill him? You are aware that Herod the Great tried to kill Jesus by killing all the babies in Bethlehem and the surrounding area under two years old. (Matthew 2:16) I'm sure you must know that story! Matthew says that was a fulfillment of a prophecy in Jeremiah. I looked it up in Jeremiah. But it doesn't say anything about the king.

In Matthew 2:12 though; God Himself warns the magi to depart to their own countries in different directions than which they came.

Also in Matthew 2:22 God Himself warns Joseph not to return to Bethlehem.

Then you have the Herod who was part of Jesus's trial. The same Herod who put John the Baptist to death. A group of pharisees came to Jesus on the Monday before the crucifixion and told Jesus that Herod sought to kill him. (Luke 13:31)

Acts 12:19-23 This is Herod the Great's grandson in this story. (Agrippa 1) Right in the text; he did not deny the people when they claimed he was God. (This is the stated reason why God struck him down.) I believe Herod Agrippa 1 was the "little horn" in Daniel. Herod the Great was the proverbial "big horn" (although the Scripture never uses that term).

Daniel 7:8 Three of the 4 horns (3 of which had fallen) before Agrippa 1 came along. Two of those three had ruled the same area.
1. Herod the Great - died in 4BC
2. Herod Archelaus - died in 18 AD But had been exiled to Gaul in 6 AD.
3. Herod Antipas - died 34 to 39 AD (some records say 34 while others say 39. I believe he was also deposed by Rome for failure to keep the peace. History does not record what happened to him after being deposed.
4. Herod Agrippa 1 - 44 AD - This is the Herod in Acts
5. Herod Philip - 34 AD (ruled territory on the other side of the Dead Sea.)
6. Herod Chalcis - 48 AD
7. Herod Agrippa 2 - about 90 AD.

Daniel 8:9 says that the little horn comes out of one of the 4 horns that came forth from the original horn that was broken. Herod the Great's kingdom was divided among his 4 sons.

Whereas Alexander the Great's kingdom was split up into like 9 different kingdoms; not four. 3 of Alexander's generals took 3 different empires and the "Macedonian empire" had been split up into like 6 or 7 different independent "city states"; so it wasn't actually "one" "empire". Alexander's generals were not related to him. Antiochus was not related to Alexander the Great. They were not a successive dynasty and there were more than 7 of them.

This passage in Daniel also says that 3 (of the 4 horns that came from the "big horn") came before the "little horn" and the "little horn" came from one of the four that proceeded him.

3 of the other ruling Herod's died before Agrippa 1 did. (Archelaus, Antipas and Philip)

Now allegedly, Agrippa 1's father was not Archelaus, Antipas, Philip, or Chalicis. Herod the Great though had Agrippa 1's grandmother executed for adultery. (Herod the Great's 2nd wife; Mariamne was a Hasmonean princess.) Their son Aristobulus IV was allegedly Agrippa 1's father. His mother (Bernice) was Herod the Great's sister. Yet according to Daniel 8:9 Agrippa 1's father was one of the other four Herods. Which one; I'm not sure, but I'm guessing Archelaus because Antipas never produced an heir.

There's an interesting "verbal conflict" between Antipas and Jesus about who is the legitimate "King of the Jews". (I'll get to that in a minute.)

Herod the Great wanted to claim the title Messiah. When he rebuilt the temple; (9 BC) he'd destroyed all the genealogical records, so no one could prove that he wasn't from the line of David. Herod the Great's ancestors were half Greek. He was (allegedly) half Jewish (if he was actually Judean at all). Josephus insists that Herod the Great was an "edomite". The Edomites traditionally were descendants of Esau.

So the "verbal conflict" between Antipas and Jesus centered around Herod's apparent impotence. He never produced an heir and his reputation as a flaming homosexual proceeded him. Jesus makes some interesting statements about Herod being a "f*g" "soft raiment for those who live in king's houses". That's a reference to transvestism. Herod was stated to have dressed in women's clothes. (This is in the historical Roman records.)

Jesus makes a statement to Herod about Jesus being "perfected" on the 3rd day. "Perfected" is a Greek idiom for the point where a male produces conception. The metaphoric reference has to do with Pentecost; which in Daniel is called "the consummation". It's an interesting conflict between the two of them.

This conflict appears to have "originate" about 10 AD. (Jesus would have been about 17 years old; which culturally would have been the appropriate time to start looking for a wife.) when Antipas became "king of the Jews". (All the Herods wanted to claim that title.) So thus the "verbal jousting" seemed to be around the rightful King is not impotent. Which gets into the cultural thing about the "seed of Abraham" being "the chosen people". Interesting slant on history at least; as well as an obvious (though somewhat crude Greek idiom) that Jesus knew what happened to men in the process of conception. The Greek idiom literally means "to come to full extension"

So there's this long standing conflict between the Herods and Jesus.

Herod the Great tries to kill Jesus when he was a baby.
Herod Antipas is the Herod at Jesus's trial, who'd had John the Baptist beheaded.
Herod Agrippa 1 kills James and arrests Peter. Then he's eaten by worms for failure to acknowledge that he's not God.

Shortly after Agrippa 1's alleged father (Aristobulus IV) dies; Agrippa is sent to Rome to be educated. He's a "good friend" of Caligula and knew Nero. Nero was Caligula's nephew and Nero was sexually abused by Caligula. (Also possibly / probably by Agrippa 1; although there is no historical record about Agrippa 1 abusing Nero. There's lots of historical records of Caligula's sexual perversions though.)

Now the historical record doesn't plainly state (that I'm aware of) that Agrippa 1 was homosexual. His son though is Agrippa II (who meets Paul). Agrippa II is the 7th and last Herod in the line. (7 heads on the beast in Revelation 13)

Now was Judas related to any of the Herods? That I don't know. (Doesn't seem like he was.) We do know Judas was a scribe of sorts and that is father is named in Scripture.

Scripture does state that the generation that (was standing there in Jesus' physical presence) would be the generation that would see the end of the "eon". (The end of the age.) Note "age" (singular) not end of the ages. The "age" Jesus was talking about was Judaism. What the OT had prophesied of (the coming Messiah) had been fulfilled.

Ephesians 2 talks about the "middle wall of partition" between jew and gentile having been "torn down" because Christ had made the two "one man" having reconciled the two by the cross. Now obviously God is not going to go back and resurrect that wall. There's no reason to. When "the fullness of the gentiles comes in; all Israel is saved." "All Israel" are all those bought by the blood of Christ. He is the "seed of Abraham". (Galatians 3:16)

Paul talks about the "dispensation" of the grace of God that has been given to him. Well despite common beliefs; the term "dispensation" actually doesn't have anything to do with time. The word literally means "female servant who runs the household". Paul talks about in Ephesians 1 how this stewardship (to make the two one) had been handed to him.

So why would God; Who'd enjoined groups of people together as one body; turn around and divide them again? There's not a "future golden age of redemption" for Israel. Anyone who's coming into the Kingdom is only coming trough the blood!
It has been about 2500 years from Daniel living in Babylon. The Millennium would be the last 1,000 years until Jesus hands back a perfect creation to God.

Half a time was between Daniel and the Cross. Times will be between the Cross and the Second Coming.

Paul gave three times the redeemed would be gathered in 1 Corinthians 15. The OT at the Cross. The NT at the Second Coming. The Millennium when all of creation is handed to God.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Paul gave three times the redeemed would be gathered in 1 Corinthians 15. The OT at the Cross. The NT at the Second Coming. The Millennium when all of creation is handed to God.
What verses are you referring to in 1 Corinthians 15?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What verses are you referring to in 1 Corinthians 15?
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits (1); afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (2)

24 Then cometh the end, (3) when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits (1); afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (2)

24 Then cometh the end, (3) when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
OK, so is your supposition here that (2.) Christ's coming and (3) the end coming; are separated by 1000 years?

Compare:
1 Thessalonians 4:
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Chapter 5:
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

When Christ returns it is "the Day of the Lord", it is the end of time, it is the destruction of this current cosmos and mortality puts on immortality.

The resurrection of the dead is on "the last day".
John 6:39-54

Martha states to Jesus that she knows Lazarus will rise "on the last day".
John 11:24 (Note; Jesus does not correct Martha's eschatology.)

The unregenerate are judged on "the last day"
John 12:47-48

This jives with Matthew 25:31-46
All the dead are raised at the same time; at the time Christ returns.

Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Timtofly said:

OK, so is your supposition here that (2.) Christ's coming and (3) the end coming; are separated by 1000 years?

LOL...
you are pretending that OLD interpretations could possibly be correct
when the Bible PROMISES the TRUTH remained "closed-up" and "sealed"

In other words, you REJECT what the Bible PROMISES...
you think the TRUTH was NOT "closed-up" and "sealed"

As long as you REJECT what the Bible PROMISES about the TRUTH being "sealed"
you will remain in darkness.

Dan 12:8-10
And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said,
Go thy way, Daniel: for THE WORDS ARE CLOSED UP AND SEALED TILL THE TIME-OF-THE-END
MANY [Last Saints] shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly:
and NONE of the wicked shall understand; BUT THE WISE [Last Saints] SHALL UNDERSTAND
[at the “Time-of-the-End”]

Dan 12:4
But thou, O Daniel, SHUT UP THE WORDS, AND SEAL THE BOOK,
EVEN TO THE TIME-OF-THE-END:
MANY [Last Saints] shall run to and fro,
and KNOWLEDGE [of the Truth] SHALL BE INCREASED [to the Last Saints].

/

Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It has been about 2500 years from Daniel living in Babylon. The Millennium would be the last 1,000 years until Jesus hands back a perfect creation to God.

LOL...

And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said,
Go thy way, Daniel: for THE WORDS ARE CLOSED UP AND SEALED TILL THE TIME-OF-THE-END
MANY [Last Saints] shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly:
and NONE of the wicked shall understand; BUT THE WISE [Last Saints] SHALL UNDERSTAND

EVEN TO THE TIME-OF-THE-END
: MANY [Last Saints] shall run to and fro,

/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Compare:
1 Thessalonians 4:
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Chapter 5:
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

When Christ returns it is "the Day of the Lord", it is the end of time, it is the destruction of this current cosmos and mortality puts on immortality.

The resurrection of the dead is on "the last day".
John 6:39-54

Martha states to Jesus that she knows Lazarus will rise "on the last day".
John 11:24 (Note; Jesus does not correct Martha's eschatology.)

The unregenerate are judged on "the last day"
John 12:47-48

This jives with Matthew 25:31-46
All the dead are raised at the same time; at the time Christ returns.
Peter told us how long a Day of the Lord is. Daniel told us how long a day of the Lord is with a time. But no one would understand until the end of the fulness of the Gentiles.

Don't you presuppose it has been 1993 years since the Cross? Don't you presuppose there was 500 years between Daniel and the Cross? I don't presuppose any of it. I was taught history in school growing up. The only thing I presuppose was to trust what I was taught is correct. Should I question what every one else has been taught? Last I checked the year was 2023. No one is calling that a presupposition. The Cross has been placed between 27 AD and 33 AD, with a margin of error. Should we call that presupposition? One has to get Daniel's time on earth from human date setting of who ruled when.

Why would any one know how to tell prophetic time in the first century or even in 1000AD? No one seemed to take Peter seriously about the length of the Day of the Lord, nor do many here in this forum. So great, no one wants to be dispensational, or on the flip side, make up their own dispensations with their own standards of biblical interpretation.

All of the last day references are an unknown to first century followers of Christ, and Jesus never corrected their presuppositions. Yet you all still have those same uncorrected presuppositions. Lazarus was raised from the dead a few weeks before the Cross. The Cross was the last day resurrection for those in Abraham's bosom. Yet none of the dead in sheol were resurrected.

In fact around 90AD, John says even after the Second Coming those in sheol would not live until the end of the 1,000 years, but many claim that was a theological addition to Scripture even though John forbade it. Well, duh, you all still think there can only be one resurrection for the most part. Paul said the dead rise first, and not even he could prevent that as a living person. So the dead rose first even in the first century, not that Paul said they rise first with the unbelievers at some last hour. Show one verse where Paul said those in sheol are raised at the same time as the Second Coming.

Jesus told us, that the redeemed would not even die, ie taste death. That is what I presuppose to be true. But you all don't even believe Jesus' own words, cause you all are hooked on having to see a physical resurrection, to believe one can even happen. Paul in 2 Corinthians 5:1 says the next physical body was already there in the first century, not waiting for some future Second Coming. Paul pointed out Christ would bring them with Him at the Second Coming. Not gather them from a dead state. Paul accepted they were already physically resurrected first. Your presupposition is to think there is only one general resurrection for all at one time, both those in sheol, and where else are those dead hanging out? Oh, that is right, they already have physical bodies in Paradise, and they meet us in the air. They don't come out of their graves, because only the dead bury the dead, not the living. The living don't bury the living. Why would you bury a living soul? That last buried soul was Lazarus, and he was already raised on the last day, along with all those in Abraham's bosom. Matthew 27:51-53.

You can argue Jesus meant physically dead, not spiritually dead, but all are spiritually dead, until physical death. At least that is what you all teach who claim one has to maintain their salvation and endure until the end. Adam's flesh is as dead as one's spiritual soul. So one is still spiritually dead from the physical aspect of still being in Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

If people would just give up the notion of a physical resurrection, they may have a clearer understanding instead of stuck in Daniel's sealed mystery and OT thought processes. We don't go to Abraham's bosom any more, and nothing about the fulness of the Gentiles has to do with a physical body. It is the mind that needs to be changed, not the flesh, which will never be changed. Only the OT were hung up on the physical body, because God had not come down and demonstrated the permanent incorruptible physical body. Jesus told you in the same chapter, He raised the last physical body to physically die into the NT resurrection body, that He was the resurrection and the life. Lazarus was living proof, but all you all seem to do is shake it off, and condemn Lazarus to die the second time. And God seems ok to sit back and let's us enjoy our ignorance. Because this time in Adam's dead flesh is only temporary, and He does not have to force us with eternal blessings while living in this dead flesh, as He already knows the future will out weigh this emptiness that is momentary and fleeting any ways.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
LOL...

EVEN TO THE TIME-OF-THE-END
: MANY [Last Saints] shall run to and fro,

/
I pretend you think I am pretending.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Peter told us how long a Day of the Lord is.
How long did Peter say the Day of the Lord is?
Daniel told us how long a day of the Lord is with a time. But no one would understand until the end of the fulness of the Gentiles.
This is actually irrelevant to the fact that the dead are raised on "the last day"; (even when one doesn't know when the last day is); it's still the last day. There aren't any days after the last day because if there were; it wouldn't be "the last day". To say there's 1000 years after "the last day" is nonsensical.
Don't you presuppose it has been 1993 years since the Cross? Don't you presuppose there was 500 years between Daniel and the Cross? I don't presuppose any of it. I was taught history in school growing up. The only thing I presuppose was to trust what I was taught is correct. Should I question what every one else has been taught? Last I checked the year was 2023. No one is calling that a presupposition. The Cross has been placed between 27 AD and 33 AD, with a margin of error. Should we call that presupposition? One has to get Daniel's time on earth from human date setting of who ruled when.
First off, I never said "presupposition", I said "supposition". There is a difference. A "presupposition" is something assumed without any knowledge. A "supposition" is an assumption based on what someone has been told / taught.

You seem to have missed the point of the question posed.

No one is questioning that history has passed. Maybe the details of what actually happened in history; but that's another issue. For example; no one denies that WWII happened between 1939 and 1945; but people do debate some of what exactly happened during the war. And debate like this is a normal occurrence because "the winners always write the history books"; but that doesn't mean their account is accurate as to what really happened. History is a sequence of competing narratives; and somewhere between the two sides of the story is usually the truth.

So yeah, there's roughly 500 years between Daniel and the crucifixion (closer to 600 years actually; but the exact date of Daniel's captivity actually isn't relevant to the question at hand). We know this because Galatians 3:17 says there were 430 years between the end of the writing of the OT and the crucifixion.

And yes, some of the information we can verify through secular history. But the Bible isn't actually about the politics of secular history. The main message of Scripture is different than chronicling historical events. Daniel and Scripture in general is actually pretty infamous for saying things like: "In X year of king Y; A happened, Then came a king understanding dark sayings.... " But it doesn't tell you who that king was, or that he came 200 or 300 or 400 years later.

The only time you can assume that is when the Scripture itself tells you to. For example; Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Babylon is the head, the Persian empire is the body, the Greek empire is the legs and the last empire is the feet. Well we know the last empire in that vision is Rome; because that's when Christ came.

That doesn't mean Rome is the 4th beast though. Rome is just one empire in a long line of empires that eventually become part of that "beast system".

No the supposition is that between the time Jesus returns and the end of time comes; the supposition is that there's 1000 years between those two events. I'm pointing out Scripture that negates that supposition.
Why would any one know how to tell prophetic time in the first century or even in 1000AD? No one seemed to take Peter seriously about the length of the Day of the Lord, nor do many here in this forum. So great, no one wants to be dispensational, or on the flip side, make up their own dispensations with their own standards of biblical interpretation.
So are you saying that Peter says "the Day of the Lord" is 1000 years?

Now it is true Revelation says the "millennial reign" is 1000 years. Yet now since we are 2000 years post that; we are still trying to figure out what "1000 years" means. (I would agree with that.) There is a clue in the text though. "1000 years" in the Greek in Revelation, is a duel plural. Does that mean 2000 years? (We'll know the answer to that question by the end of 2033 AD.)
All of the last day references are an unknown to first century followers of Christ, and Jesus never corrected their presuppositions. Yet you all still have those same uncorrected presuppositions. Lazarus was raised from the dead a few weeks before the Cross. The Cross was the last day resurrection for those in Abraham's bosom. Yet none of the dead in sheol were resurrected.
The 1st century followers of Christ wrote the Scripture that says the "last day" is the day of the final resurrection.

Matter of fact Martha knew that before the NT was written; as she's recorded as saying to Jesus that she knows Lazarus will rise "on the last day" (John 11:24) And note Jesus doesn't correct Martha's eschatology.

Note Jesus DOES NOT SAY: Well Martha, actually the rapture is going to happen and then I'm going to reign as a political king from Jerusalem for 1000 years on this corrupted earth; Satan is going to be loosed at the end of my reign and than the end of time will come.

Martha would have been looking at him like... What?

Then you have John 6:39-54. Repeatedly, Jesus says "the last day" in reference to the resurrection.

Then you have this verse: Matthew 27:53

Then you have the end of Matthew 25. That's all talking about the final resurrection. It's very clear in that passage that all of the dead are raised at the same time. There is no secret rapture.
If people would just give up the notion of a physical resurrection, they may have a clearer understanding instead of stuck in Daniel's sealed mystery and OT thought processes.
This one is a doosey!

If you are denying that there is a physical resurrection; the only end of that is destruction!

1 Corinthians 15:
12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,145.00
Country
United States
Faith