Southeast
✟47,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1st Sunday on or after the first full moon after the equinox.

I think?

But I'm grateful someone else does all the calculations for me!

It is, but it's the Pascal Full Moon, which is a mathematical construct that closely approximates the full moon.

It's not hard. I used the method found here in this PDF of the Doomsday Rule: http://people.se.cmich.edu/graha1sw/pub/doomsday/doomsday.pdf . The Doomsday Rule is a way of calculating the day of the week for any date. Just knowing what days of the month of a year fall on the same day of the week as the last day of February makes a handy mental calendar. Anyway, in this PDF is a way of calculating Easter.

The Golden Number, the number used in Easter Charts, is easy, since it's a cycle of 19: Golden Number = the remainder of the year divided by 19, plus 1. There is another variable, C, which changes under the Gregorian Calendar, but is a constant for the Julian Calendar. For the Julian Calendar, C = 3. For the Gregorian Calendar there's a formula based on the Century Year (for 2022, the Century Year is 20). It's C = -Century Year + integer portion of (Century Year / 4) + integer portion of (8 x (Century Year + 11) / 25). Fortunately, we don't have to calculate C every time. C = -5 for centuries 1700 and 1800, and C = -6 for centuries 1900 and 2000

The Golden Number and C are put together to calculate the Pascal Full Moon: Pascal Full Moon = April 19 - remainder of (Golden Number x 11 + C)/30 = March 50 - remainder of (G x 11 + C)/30. So, for 2023, G = 10 and C = -3, so March 50 - remainder of (11 x 10 - 6)/30 = March 50 - remainder of 104/30 = March 50 - 14 = March 36. But there's no such thing as March 36, so March 36 - 31 = April 5. So the Pascal Full Moon for 2023 is on April 5, 2023. If it has fallen on April 19, we would have used April 18, and if it was April 18 and the Golden Number was greater than or equal to 12, we would have used April 17.

Based on the Doomsday Rule, April 4, 2023 falls on Tuesday, so April 5, 2023 falls on Wednesday. That means Palm Sunday falls on April 2, 2023, Good Friday on April 7, 2023, and Easter April 9, 2023.

It really takes more to explain it can to calculate it. It can look daunting, but it's not that difficult The hard part for me is dividing by 19 in my head.

The PDF in the link above also tells how to calculate Rosh Hashana, but I haven't memorized that.

If you do this for Julian years and check the results online, beware that some online results give the value in the Gregorian Calendar only.

• Informative
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Aaron Carter died.

That name... takes me back to my childhood. Wouldn't surprise me if it was drugs, although I heard he was murdered... but that might still relate to the drugs.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just got a raise! 10.8%. Had to negotiate for it too, which was nerve-racking, but I got what I wanted. With it comes higher expectations, which I’m eager to meet and exceed. This week I was brought to sit in the weekly production meeting with the owner as part of my new responsibilities. Feels like a new era in my career and I like where it’s headed.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What we have now will be a luxury of tomorrow.

Children born in this decade would have no idea how happy we were in the 90s or 80s and even further back. As time goes on things have got worse. Quality of life, less and less going on. Things get more expensive as the quality of products diminishes. Everything is just so drab and dull today.

Make the most of things now because we take so much for granted that we don't know what we have until its gone.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I feel very differently. I grew up in the 80s and 90s, and no way would I be wanting to go back to that time.

Things are different; some better, some worse, but on balance I am grateful for what we have now, and hopeful for the future.

I guess it depends what you rate as important for your quality of life?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Children born in this decade would have no idea how happy we were in the 90s or 80s and even further back.
Their life has become uncluttered and free of all the things we enjoyed and the freedoms we had. They have their smartphones and need nothing else having outdone previous generations in going from active to sedentary, informed with no experience of the former ways.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I called a company to ask a question. After waiting forever to reach a human I was told they needed my email to send me an email which tells me to open an "account" so they can then email the answer. I'm sick of opening accounts. I'm sick of usernames and passwords. Probably next year I'll need to open an account to buy a cup of coffee.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Probably next year I'll need to open an account to buy a cup of coffee.
But but.. how else can they cross reference all the data collected on you to create your cyber version

• Agree
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I called a company to ask a question. After waiting forever to reach a human I was told they needed my email to send me an email which tells me to open an "account" so they can then email the answer. I'm sick of opening accounts. I'm sick of usernames and passwords. Probably next year I'll need to open an account to buy a cup of coffee.
I know how you feel. Now days its impossible to reach a human on the phone. I can't even get repairs done anymore in my rented property because the phone lines are always busy and I'm put on hold for literally hours. They got rid of there online repair report service and instead I have to phone them and then sit there for hours to the whole day still without reaching a human and mean while I have no hot water or heating and the worse thing about it is that I still have to pay for the heating and hot water service I'm not getting. Its a tactic that goes on a lot to avoid customers with all different kinds of companies.

They say they pay compensation or money off the bill but the report has to be noted on there system and how can it when I can't get a hold of them.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Their life has become uncluttered and free of all the things we enjoyed and the freedoms we had. They have their smartphones and need nothing else having outdone previous generations in going from active to sedentary, informed with no experience of the former ways.
There are several things I miss about the days gone by. I'll make a short list while its fresh in my mind.

Community
Socialization
Going out to shops to buy things... going out to shops involved a lot more.
Plenty of choice in terms of things to buy "applies to the UK"
Pubs, clubs, activity centers. Drop in centers - all gone
Gentrification of London attractions plus towns and cities everything looks the same now.
There was better music
People were more happy
Less depressed people
Less teenage suicides or suicides in general.
Less homeless people
Charities and other public services were plentiful
Much less failed marriages
More kids were bought up properly and had manners
Relationships meant something.
There was plenty of housing
Things were better quality products. Now everything is made in China
People had pride in there work, going to work earned you a living.
There were factories and other places to find employment

There is so much that has gone now its like life has stopped. Its all dull and depressing today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is so much that has gone now its like life has stopped.
I agree with the above, but in my mind the biggest change is the disappearance of smaller communities and individual farms and the like. There was a time a village could thrive simply because the wealth was shared, then corporatism came along, gobbled everything up and put it in a couple of big boxes while forcing compression of communities. The end result is the loss of all we have known and rights are more important than acting responsibly towards each other.

Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking what what if some people don't have a guardian angel or a guide? They say that in your physical life that a person either has a guide or a guardian angel or both but that might not be the case for everybody. Some people have there life taken early others have close encounters with death but live on and others live through life with everything they want with lots of friends, money, success etc. Some people live miserable life's and have tried so hard in life but nothing ever works out for them. Its an interesting thought. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A colleague of mine died yesterday, and I'll be taking what is shaping up to be a massive funeral. I'm not sure there's enough caffeine in the world to get me through this week...

• Prayers
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is far too cold for November. You'd think, opening the front door, that it's winter, not the beginning of summer!
Ours was waaay late last spring in the northern hemisphere but we had a lovely summer though wet so perhaps the same applies on the flipside of the cycle.

Upvote 0