what is actually the meaning of sexual immorality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sexual immorality would be sodomy, incest,adultry, fornication, sado masochism, bondage, pedophilia, rape, ludeness, flashing, mooning, sex with blow up dolls, stuff like that.
sexual morality wouldbe sex with your wife or husband, whichever is relevant.
oral sex its ok i think, i dont do it or like it but its ok if you like it.
masturbation is not wrong, its a necessity for most single men who abstain from fornication. takes the pressure off. I personally find masturbation disgusting but I'm married and dont need to but if your single its an escape valve. i know i sue to be single.

Upvote 0
I'm not a FundaGelical or a bean-counter, so my answer is far simpler.

When making any moral decision, you need to ask for God's grace and wisdom. God will grant it to you. You must then ask yourself the question, "Will what I do harm anyone......will it be an act of love?"

See, Jesus came to reduce all the commandments to one concept--"Love God, self and neighbor as self."

Love does no harm to a neighbor.

I think my way is far more effective than the FundaGelical bean-counter way.

Jesus also came so that God's grace would be readily available to all.....thus giving you the opportunity to obtain and share that grace with others.

Grace was not always so readily available. One of the great stories of the OT is about Jacob--who lied, stole, and even wrestled with God to get grace.

Remember that when you ask for grace......be aggressive and, like Jacob, show God that you are serious.

Be willing to wrestle a little with God for a better life.

Always remember that if you make a horrible mess of things, God will forgive you if you are honestly ready to start again anew with a changed heart.

It is far better and more honorable to take the time and make the effort to do the right thing in the first place though. Be willing to make that struggle as well.

God bless you in your struggle.

:cool:

Reactions: Loki
Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know. I believe it would be sexual behavior which is immoral. At a bare minimum, this would include sexual behavior which is not genuinely loving.

There are a lot of rules people bandy about. I am not sure to what extent these rules are really the rules, and to what extent they are accumulated wisdom about which actions are likely to end up violating the commandments Jesus gave us.

Upvote 0

wawagirl

Mar 13, 2004
✟113.00
Faith
Protestant
Oic....
Thanks a lot for your commence, I think I have got the answer. The reason why struggling about this is that I have had a boyfriend for almost two years. We love each other so much and since I am studying abroad in the same city where he works, we take care of each other a lot.We also plan to get married two years later. And recently, we rent a room and live together. Frankly speaking , we have sex already and we enjoy that cos we love each other so much! But when I talk about this with some of the christian in my college, they all said that this is not correct cos premarital sex is not allowed and they ask me to leave my bf. I fell very sad and confused when I got this kind of suggestion. It's so cruel to me and my bf also. I pray a lot to god because of this and god know that! Are them too coservative or me too liberal ,I am wondering.

Upvote 0
I hope you don't just run off happily now, Wawa.

I think YOU need to think about a lot of things. Does your partner share your obviously deep belief in God? If not, what do you see for your future with him? Do you pray together every day? If you are to consider yourself as married now in the eyes of God, with a ceremony to come later......you should get some formal pre-marital counseling with a good counselor (a good professional, not a FundaGelical pastor).

I just want you to stop and think more deeply about the law of love.

May God bless you in your struggle.

:)

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Leaving your boyfriend seems excessive, IMHO. There are many people who interpret the discussion of marital sex as implying that premarital sex is immoral. The condemnation is implicit, if it's there; there is not an explicit condemnation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
pastor; bondage is demonic, sodomy is missing the mark. sodomy is what sodomoties did and they got nuked by god for it. bondage is a hallmark of deviant behavior usually resulting in even worse things like murder. asking how is bondage immoral is like asking how drinking urine is immoral. some things should be obvious

Upvote 0
pastor;
i just had another thought. sex is an expression of love between a man and a woman who have commited themselfs to each other in a bond of marriage. sex is to enhance love not degrade it. bondage is an act of hatred. tieing someone up is what you do if you don't like someone . if you love someone you wont tie them up to a tree and torture them with feathers, or nipple clamps or branding or other acts of torture. that doesn't enhance love in a couple unless they have demons on them that are causing them to like it. like homosexuals, they have demons constantly telling them 'you need men , you need men, you need men' , if they are men. and they , the men think its thier own thoughts . so they go with it without trying the spirits . andas a result the demons give them enjoyment doing it. (i think) same with bondage. same with sodomy.

Upvote 0
pastor; handcuffs made of fur are just the first step down the road to more perversion. like marrijuana leads to harder drugs. the devil is slick . he takes you down the road to deestruction step by step , a little ata time till your history. thats what the devil has done with america, he has introduced perverstion and sin a little at a time step by step bringing america down down down. when i was a kid all the girls wore dresses andd skirts , they all looked like women, today your not a liberated woman unless you look like a man.first it was pedal pushers, then it was slacks then blue jeans , then short hair, then burr hair cuts. step by step down the road to destruction. movies use to be decent now they are total filth a pg rated movie today would have been inappropriate contento back in the fiftys.

Upvote 0

Biarien

Dúnadan
Mar 19, 2004
California
✟18,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jessedance said:
pastor; bondage is demonic, sodomy is missing the mark. sodomy is what sodomoties did and they got nuked by god for it. bondage is a hallmark of deviant behavior usually resulting in even worse things like murder. asking how is bondage immoral is like asking how drinking urine is immoral. some things should be obvious

Most Biblical sources that speak of Sodom's sin speak of inhospitability and rape, not what is now referred to as "sodomy." However, that's just one interpretation, and it's obviously your interpretation to make. I'm not telling you you're wrong; just that it's not the only 'right' view.

Upvote 0

Biarien

Dúnadan
Mar 19, 2004
California
✟18,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jessedance said:
bondage is an act of hatred.

Can you speak for everyone that does this? If people are willing to do it and love each other because of it, it seems to not be an act of hatred.

Maybe it's still immoral love, but there's a difference between immorality and hatred.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andyman_1970

Trying to walk in His dust...............
Feb 2, 2004
The Natural State
Visit site
✟12,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought I would jump into this.

As I have studied this, sexual immorality (as defined by the Scriptures) is ANY sexual activity outside the context of one man married to one woman. Keep in mind this does not only include physical acts but also mental and emotional "acts" as well. Jesus tells the Pharisees that if a man looks at a woman lustfully he has commited adultery. So when a guy sees an attractive woman and thinks "I got to get me some of 'that'", this man has commited adultery in his heart. Not to mention that this example guy has turned this woman into a "that".

Using inappropriate contentography also qualifies as sexual immorality.

jessedance said:
oral sex its ok i think, i dont do it or like it but its ok if you like it.

Read the Song of Solomon, he talks about her navel being like a goblet of wine, if you read the Hebrew words used there, it's not really her navel it's "something" a little farther down.

jessedance said:
masturbation is not wrong, its a necessity for most single men who abstain from fornication. takes the pressure off.

It's not? So if a man masturbates what does he think about during that act? More than likely he is fantasizing about a woman, now we have adultery, and thus sexual immorality. Relieveing that "presssure" does not justify the sin.

Men have a "blow off valve" for that "pressure", a biological one God gave us, it's called nocturnal emmision (wet dream).

Upvote 0

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
PasterFreud is right, as he usually is, but that hasn't stopped the bean-counters...

The bible never mentions bondage, nor sado-masochism, nor anal sex between man and woman. Therefore any "rules" that anyone makes up are just that - made up by them. That they attach a whole theology of demons to their self-made rules merely demonstrates the spiritual paranoia that characterises the fundamentalist end of the spectrum.

Turning to Our Lord's words about looking at a woman - why do some persist in interpreting His teaching as if it were done in our culture? It wasn't - the Rabbinical tradition used hyperbole. Look at the context. Jesus also says in this same way that anger is murder. He exaggerates. Focussing on the physical adultery alone misses the point that a long process leads up to it - yes, it starts with looking, but only if it goes far beyond there does it become the sin of adultery. But when you look, be careful! Are these circumstances likely to lead to sin?

A literal strict interpretation is merely an unkeepable rule. It is counterproductive, because rather than constantly considering where we are going, we become introspective and racked with guilt every time we see Sarah Michelle Gellar on the telly. We strain out a gnat, and risk swallowing a completely different camel.

Upvote 0
Breanainn said:
Can you speak for everyone that does this? If people are willing to do it and love each other because of it, it seems to not be an act of hatred.

Maybe it's still immoral love, but there's a difference between immorality and hatred.
Bondage is an act of restraint meant to prevent someone from doing what they would want to do. that is not an act of love. People can and do get so twisted in their thinking by demons that they begin to like what is not nice. some people get a thrill (demonic) from being whiped and beaten, from being humilitated , from being degraded. Deamons are always their to try and drag you down to a lower level and they make it enjoyable. demons make sin pleasurable. handcuffing your mate and having sex with him or her in that state is degrading and perverted but it isnt extreme. its a first step down a road some demon is trying to take them. a demon will make that sort of sex act enjoyable for a while then he will take some of the joy away causing that couple to go deeper, next step the demon will suggest might be a little flaggelation. "oooooooooooooh thats good more give me more I like that." they might say. pretty soon though thats not enough cause the demon will withhold some of the joy they were experiencing doing that, then the demon will suggest something else. like mutulation, then next maybe a little branding, then next maybe a little ear stretching, then next rings in your tounge and nose and chin an d navel and nipples, then next hanging upside dwwon in a basement dungenon. then next maybe sacrifice to the demon, then next death.
its the same ole story , just like first its cigarettes , and alcohol, then marijauana, then hashish, then LSD, Then crack, then whatever is next and then you wind up on a morgue table.:|

Upvote 0
Andyman_1970 said:
I thought I would jump into this.

Using inappropriate contentography also qualifies as sexual immorality.

It's not? So if a man masturbates what does he think about during that act? More than likely he is fantasizing about a woman, now we have adultery, and thus sexual immorality. Relieveing that "presssure" does not justify the sin.

Men have a "blow off valve" for that "pressure", a biological one God gave us, it's called nocturnal emmision (wet dream).
yea inappropriate contentogrophy is immoral, so is looking at womens magazines lustfully. When I was single , I had to have relief, I tried many many many times to stop masturbating but each time I would start going nuts. couln't think straight, this sexual pressure would just build and build and build till i'd go crazy. finally it would reach the point I had to do something. Maybe you an't relate, I know most men can. So in order to relieve the pressure, when i was single i would grab a womans magazine. or the sears catalogue and go to the womens underwear section. and do it. was it wrong? probably but I needed relief and i couldnt touch thinking about a brick wall.. I couldn;t contain myself and I needed relief. I almost never got a wet dream. so that wouldnt work for me. after masturbating, I could think straight , i didnt have sex on the brain, i could function normally. I had to go with what worked and masturbating was the only thing that worked for me. masturbating is a lot less worse than fornicating with a woman or adultry. gotta do something and masturbation is the lesser of two evils. although I don't think it is wrong, but if it is wrong it is certainly less wrong than adultry.
now that I am married i find masturbating disqusting. but then i have no need. i get relief whenever i want ( well almost whenever, sometimes shes not in the mood , not usually though, and i gotta respect that).
if your single and a male I say touch or you will go crazy. I dont know about women but I think they have to also just not as much as men.
in my opinion, thats why so many of the religous people who abstain from sex with women, resort to pedophilia. boys are like a substitute for women cause they have some similaritys. (smaller, smooth skin, high pitch voice, etc.) ya get that pressure building and building and building with no relief its gonna come out some where, voila pedophilia.:cry:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.