What is a good christian book to give to someone that is lukewarm?

SK_Brace

Jan 11, 2020
Quesnel
✟24,986.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I would love to have some recommendations on good Christian books to give to a friend of mine. It's his birthday and he likes mainly self-help books however I want to give him a Christian book that would address any doubts he might have in God. He says he is a Christian however he doesn't think God is the only way to heaven. He doesn't seem to have the fear of God as a Christian should have as well. Obviously I can't force someone to read their bible, but I think gifting him a book is a good start.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I would love to have some recommendations on good Christian books to give to a friend of mine. It's his birthday and he likes mainly self-help books however I want to give him a Christian book that would address any doubts he might have in God. He says he is a Christian however he doesn't think God is the only way to heaven. He doesn't seem to have the fear of God as a Christian should have as well. Obviously I can't force someone to read their bible, but I think gifting him a book is a good start.
Genesis chapter 37 through the end of the book. That is the story of Joseph... very inspiring, and very much pointing to messiah and his work for his family.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe "The Screwtape Letters" by CS Lewis. Maybe he will realise that he's living in deception.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He can't be a Christian if he thinks that Jesus is not the only way to heaven. He is still at the starting line and hasn't even yet begun to run his race. He may not even be in the stadium. He needs to believe that Jesus is the only way. Perhaps starting with simple apologetic books such as Josh McDowell's More Than A Carpenter and other similar books.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I'd suggest Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, which is also available for free online:

https://www.dacc.edu/assets/pdfs/PCM/merechristianitylewis.pdf

Also, there are many excellent doodle videos on youtube:

CSLewisDoodle

While not written by a Christian, this self-help book by Jordan Peterson looks interesting:

https://www.amazon.com/12-Rules-Life-Antidote-Chaos/dp/0345816021

And his lecture series on the Psychological Significance of the Biblical stories is also offers a good perspective:

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
He can't be a Christian if he thinks that Jesus is not the only way to heaven. He is still at the starting line and hasn't even yet begun to run his race. He may not even be in the stadium. He needs to believe that Jesus is the only way. Perhaps starting with simple apologetic books such as Josh McDowell's More Than A Carpenter and other similar books.
Excellent point.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Present Darkness by Frank Paretti. If you really want them to know what's going on.
Livres audio et plus | Votre premier livre est gratuit! | Audible.ca

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Try anything by Lee Strobel, 'The Case for Christ' or 'the Case for God' or the book Cold Case Christianity.
Bot give logical evidence based reasons why Christianity is true.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

AudreyReid

Apr 19, 2020
Miami
✟17,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status