Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've thought about those questions and I made the decision that if that ever happens, I will just ask God to forgive me for my sins and then say, "Kill Me!" (Well, that's how I imagine it if it would ever happen to me.)

Upvote 0

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've thought about those questions and I made the decision that if that ever happens, I will just ask God to forgive me for my sins and then say, "Kill Me!" (Well, that's how I imagine it if it would ever happen to me.)
I have thought about that a lot. If I were in that situation, I'd hope to give words of forgiveness and love to my killers and invite them join me. I'd share how to become a Christian. Some may accept Christ and die with me, but probably most would remember what I'd told them and some would accept Him at a later time. In all this Jesus Christ gets the honor and glory.

(I would make clear my forgiveness in advance. I don't want them to feel so guilty that they feel that Christ would not forgive them.)

I'd refuese any offer of release if I renounced my Lord. He has been faithful to me all my life; why would I be unfaithful to Him at death?

And lastly I ask to knell and die on bended knee in praise and joy worshipping my best Friend.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the following questions are revelant to our faith. 1) Have you ever thought about what you would do if you were faced with the decision to either renounce Christ or be killed? And 2) Are you willing to lay down your life for the sake of the gospel?
Thought about it a few times.

Sometimes I think I'll die a martyr. Other times I think I'll die but have made a huge impact somewhere before falling asleep.

Upvote 0

Disippelen

Peaceful Crusader
Dec 22, 2005
Oslo, Norway
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would certainly lay down my life for Christ. I see that thousands and millions of brothers and sisters throughout the world do exactly that, every day. 300 millions Christians are persecuted in the world today because of their faith in Christ and Christian identity.

As Christians we don't need to fear death cause Christ is the Ressurection and Life, he defeated death on our account, so we can only look forward to dying. We won't truly die, only go to paradise to await the new heaven and earth from God.

If we die we will also only cause growth to the kingdom, as our deaths will be a powerful testimony to our hope in Christ. People will be encouraged to become Christians when they see our loyalty to Jesus.

Dis :)

Upvote 0

MessianicJewishGuy

Jul 8, 2007
Florida
✟8,745.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think the following questions are revelant to our faith. 1) Have you ever thought about what you would do if you were faced with the decision to either renounce Christ or be killed? And 2) Are you willing to lay down your life for the sake of the gospel?
1) I have never been in a situation like that so I can only say I don't know but based on my combat experience the outcome would be for the glory of G-d.

2) If it happen so be it. But I will not push the issue.

Upvote 0

brandyn

Mar 21, 2007
Naples, Florida
✟7,772.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have wondered why God would allow his children to go through such extremes, i guess its free will?

But Ive thought about it alot, and I would definitely keep it gangster for Jesus! Not going to give in to man. I was daydreaming about it and I was singing a popular christian song at trial and my fellow believers were joining in and we were not afraid but joyous.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Some of you say you are willing to die for Jesus. . . . . . .
/ / / / /
If He calls you to Himself, and if that means
either suddenly or gradually [over 1 week or over 33 years]
being kicked out of your family,
(maybe even called 'crazy ' by your mom and brothers),
kicked out of the meeting places (churches, union halls, schools);
abandoned by your 'friends';

mocked and ridiculed and ignored by virtually every person,
maybe thrown in prison (yes, in the united states)
and beaten and not allowed a phone call nor a hearing nor even an advocate;

"are you able to drink this cup?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOLROF - gee i'd like to see that so-called "heavy Christian influence" in HollyWEIRD , in the music industry and the media in general! The mainstream media is godless and antichrist to the core. Their 'agenda is to destroy Christianity anyway they can! Look how Christianity and Christians are portrayed on TV and in the movies - atrocious!! :eek:

America, Britain and Canada aren't Christian nations - we're like the one's Christ said "honoured (Him) with their lips but their hearts were far from Him."

Ray :wave:
The mainstream media is godless and antichrist to the core. Their 'agenda is to destroy Christianity anyway they can!

In second grade, I learned the difference between fact and opinion. That's opinion (as well as propaganda).

You, being only 17

You weren't talking to me, but please spare me the "when you're older you'll understand" garbage. People use that against others usually when their arguments have no leg on which to stand.

Why is there no return to prayer in schools??

Prayer never left school. If you're going to discuss, discuss without the half-truths.

There is no such thing as the MYTH of separation of church and state.

This has been debunked over and over on these forums. When, LovesTruth, are you finally going to stop posting such outrageous untruths?

Just wanted to point out a few things I read here.
Ringo

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Introduction
Here in the United States, we live in a lost nation whose primary false god is money. Of course, this is true of the world in general, but is particularly true here in the United States. Everywhere you turn people are putting a price on everything imaginable. There seems to be nothing left which people will not sell for some price. Tragically, and horrendously, this same idolatry - that is the trusting in, and worship of material things - is also practiced in christian religion of most stripes."

http://www.jesusfamilies.org/Articles/Wealth.htm

"Introduction
The disciples of Jesus have had to live in various nations since Jesus formed his Family some 2000 years ago. These nations are, of course, part of the world system, or kingdoms of this world. Jesus has called his disciples to live a very different life than those who are not his. Only in this way, can his disciples fulfill his command to be the salt and light of the earth. His highest commands, include that we love the Father, one another, our neighbor and our enemies. The nations and kingdoms of this world (these terms "nations" and "kingdoms" of this world, as defined by Jesus, mean the people which make up the nations and kingdoms, which people are not part of the Kingdom of God) know nothing of Jesus' holy love (agape). As Jesus says in regard to mankind, "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." (John 3:19).
The disciples of Jesus have been born again OUT of the nations and kingdoms of this world, and into Jesus' family - the Kingdom of God. Jesus' disciples, his Family, no longer walk in darkness, but in his light. If we truly love Jesus, then we will obey his commands (John 14:15). And Jesus commands that his disciples are not to fight back when attacked carnally. He says this plainly in Matt. 5:38-45:
That which calls itself Jesus' church in the USA is currently in active idolatry towards the nation in which they exist. "Service" in the military is looked upon as good and right in God's sight by the vast multitudes shuffling into religious buildings. Their love for their country is greater than their love for Jesus and his plain commands as discussed in this article. Sadly, it can be said of the "church goers" today, what was said long ago about the people of Israel, "So they feared the LORD, and from every class they appointed for themselves priests of the high places, who sacrificed for them in the shrines of the high places. They feared the LORD, yet served their own gods…" (2 Kings 17:32-33)"

http://www.jesusfamilies.org/Articles/nonretaliation.htm

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.