What (if anything) is the Trump Party doing to win back Nevers?

Dragon Fly

Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
✟9,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Take a look at who to Democrats might be running in the next election, that should bring you back in a hurry.

M-Bob
Interesting...
Are you claiming that Trump is going to run as a democrat in 2020?
That WOULD bring me back in a hurry!

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing anymore. A lot of folks I know voted for him purely on account of the SCOTUS nominations. Lots of them are extremely displeased about Kavanaugh, but it's done & over with now, we're stuck with him. There's no incentive to vote for Trump. I think there's going to be some decent Republicans challenging him in 2020 for the party nomination so hopefully it won't just be another "lesser of the 2 evils" scenario.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is the Trump Party doing to win back those of us (former Republicans) who are disgusted by Trump's historically high level of dishonesty and immorality?

"high level of dishonesty and immorality" ?? rampant on both sides

Upvote 0

Dragon Fly

Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
✟9,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"high level of dishonesty and immorality" ?? rampant on both sides
Okay? Why would that cause someone to support the Trump Party?
Are you counting on the democrats to somehow be more dishonest and immoral than the Trump Party? Don't you think it might be more effective to try to become less dishonest and immoral than the democrats? Or even "honest" and "decent"? Or is that simply not possible for the Trump Party?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nothing anymore. A lot of folks I know voted for him purely on account of the SCOTUS nominations. Lots of them are extremely displeased about Kavanaugh, but it's done & over with now, we're stuck with him. There's no incentive to vote for Trump. I think there's going to be some decent Republicans challenging him in 2020 for the party nomination so hopefully it won't just be another "lesser of the 2 evils" scenario.

People voted for Trump to get more conservatives in the SCOTUS, and now that Trump has succeeded in getting 2 of them, you think people are now displeased? Sorry, but I'm happy with 2 more conservatives being there, as Trump has promised. However, the way the Democrats in the Senate (and their followers) acted during the Kavanaugh circus reminded me of why I would never vote for the democrats for any position. They proved very strongly that rule of law is out the window as far as they're concerned, and that's too dangerous to allow.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
People voted for Trump to get more conservatives in the SCOTUS, and now that Trump has succeeded in getting 2 of them, you think people are now displeased? Sorry, but I'm happy with 2 more conservatives being there, as Trump has promised. However, the way the Democrats in the Senate (and their followers) acted during the Kavanaugh circus reminded me of why I would never vote for the democrats for any position. They proved very strongly that rule of law is out the window as far as they're concerned, and that's too dangerous to allow.

Yes I know for fact that many honest folks are extremely displeased with Kavanaugh. It was hardly just Democrats who were soundly opposed to him. For good reason. Praise the Lord for the folks with the integrity to stand up against that nomination. Gorsuch was a fine choice, Kavanaugh was awful.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay? Why would that cause someone to support the Trump Party?
Are you counting on the democrats to somehow be more dishonest and immoral than the Trump Party? Don't you think it might be more effective to try to become less dishonest and immoral than the democrats? Or even "honest" and "decent"? Or is that simply not possible for the Trump Party?

Nope, sadly because of lack of honesty and morals on both sides, one is not better than the other in that regard ... so aside from that, it comes down to policies and actual plans put forth to best protect freedom as contained the Constitution and Bill of Rights (slipping away from us). More government = less freedom. Our government is too big. Don't know if a 3rd party representing that will ever become popular ... probably not. It comes down to the lesser of two evils so to speak. Sad but very true.

Didn't vote for Trump .... didn't vote for Clinton.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope, sadly because of lack of honesty and morals on both sides, one is not better than the other in that regard ... so aside from that, it comes down to policies and actual plans put forth to best protect freedom as contained the Constitution and Bill of Rights (slipping away from us). More government = less freedom. Our government is too big. Don't know if a 3rd party representing that will ever become popular ... probably not. It comes down to the lesser of two evils so to speak. Sad but very true.

Didn't vote for Trump .... didn't vote for Clinton.

I think this is one of the things many people don't understand when they question why someone voted for Trump. If a person is going to vote, they're going to vote for which one they like between the choice of two people. In 2016, it was Trump or Clinton. It's the one that most closely holds to the policies that we want implemented that we vote for. Trump was way closer to that for me than Clinton, so I voted for Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think this is one of the things many people don't understand when they question why someone voted for Trump. If a person is going to vote, they're going to vote for which one they like between the choice of two people. In 2016, it was Trump or Clinton. It's the one that most closely holds to the policies that we want implemented that we vote for. Trump was way closer to that for me than Clinton, so I voted for Trump.

I do not care for Trumps demeanor at times, however, most policies so far have been reasonable. Another interesting stat is that about 30% of democratic voters voted for Trump, Trump would not have gotten elected without the Democratic vote.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do not care for Trumps demeanor at times, however, most policies so far have been reasonable. Another interesting stat is that about 30% of democratic voters voted for Trump, Trump would not have gotten elected without the Democratic vote.

I actually don't care for many of the things he says or does either. Being too reactive to things said against him, some of the things he says on Twitter, etc. but I just consider those to be irritations rather than deal breakers.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the Trump Party doing to win back those of us (former Republicans) who are disgusted by Trump's historically high level of dishonesty and immorality?
The Senate Democrats and mob protesters did that a few weeks ago during the Kavanaugh hearings .

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Senate Democrats and mob protesters did that

Should have been enough nastiness to have driven many over to the other side.
M-Bob

PS -- and yet some on the left are calling for more -- that's hard to believe.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Should have been enough nastiness to have driven many over to the other side.
M-Bob

PS -- and yet some on the left are calling for more -- that's hard to believe.

That's true, there's been so much nastiness that folks who'd never thought they'd be driven over to the other side went there in caravans. Never would have thought I'd see Alabama elect a Democrat, but that's what they were driven to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's true, there's been so much nastiness that folks who'd never thought they'd be driven over to the other side went there in caravans. Never would have thought I'd see Alabama elect a Democrat, but that's what they were driven to.

Guess you think it's funny when you twist what I say in the opposite direction?

This is not the first time.

M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I know for fact that many honest folks are extremely displeased with Kavanaugh. It was hardly just Democrats who were soundly opposed to him. For good reason. Praise the Lord for the folks with the integrity to stand up against that nomination. Gorsuch was a fine choice, Kavanaugh was awful.

I seriously doubt that the right wing evangelical Christians who voted for Trump will ever be able to restore their reputation as Christians or repair the Christian witness. The non-Christians I've spoken to are done with them and they want no part of the evangelical Christian faith. I can't say everything that I've heard non-Christians say about these Christians concerning their continual support and defense of Trump because of the flaming rule, but they do think these Christians are nothing more than outright hypocrites. I tried to tell these non-Christians I've spoken to that there are right wing evangelicals Christians, like you for example, who don't support Trump and never will. But I think the damage has already been done and I think it may be irreversible damage. I know my non-Christian friends have absolutely no respect for these Christians or for their faith since they support Trump.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I seriously doubt that the right wing evangelical Christians who voted for Trump will ever be able to restore their reputation as Christians or repair the Christian witness. The non-Christians I've spoken to are done with them and they want no part of the evangelical Christian faith. I can't say everything that I've heard non-Christians say about these Christians concerning their continual support and defense of Trump because of the flaming rule, but they do think these Christians are nothing more than outright hypocrites. I tried to tell these non-Christians I've spoken to that there are right wing evangelicals Christians, like you for example, who don't support Trump and never will, but I think the damage has already been done and I think it may be irreversible damage. I know my non-Christian friends have absolutely no respect for these Christians or for their faith since they support Trump.

A president who protects rights of Christians by protecting the constitution doesn't have to be a christian himself in order to be supported or voted for. It seems that the belief of many is that if a person votes for a person to be president, or governor, etc., then he must support everything about that candidate. That's not the case. I voted for Trump over Clinton, but I don't support everything he says and does. However, I believe we are better off than if Clinton had become elected. That's why I voted for him.

This view is what will decide who I vote for in the upcoming mid term election.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I seriously doubt that the right wing evangelical Christians who voted for Trump will ever be able to restore their reputation as Christians or repair the Christian witness. The non-Christians I've spoken to are done with them and they want no part of the evangelical Christian faith. I can't say everything that I've heard non-Christians say about these Christians concerning their continual support and defense of Trump because of the flaming rule, but they do think these Christians are nothing more than outright hypocrites. I tried to tell these non-Christians I've spoken to that there are right wing evangelicals Christians, like you for example, who don't support Trump and never will. But I think the damage has already been done and I think it may be irreversible damage. I know my non-Christian friends have absolutely no respect for these Christians or for their faith since they support Trump.

Simply explain to those non-believers that God put President Trump in there and probably for a good purpose. If that does not make sense to them they are probably not being called anyway.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simply explain to those non-believers that God put President Trump in there and probably for a good purpose. If that does not make sense to them they are probably not being called anyway.
M-Bob

I'm not going to tell them something I don't believe. I will then have to attempt to explain why God put Hitler, Stalin and every other vicious dictator into power. I've been there, done that. I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to lie to them and I would be lying because I don't believe as you do.

And in all honesty, I don't believe it was God's doing putting Trump into the presidency anymore than I believe that God sanctioned America to steal massive tribal lands through either forcibly removing Native Americans from their lands unto barren wastelands and starving them to death or mercilessly slaughtering Native Americans for their tribal land just so white Christians could have all that land for themselves or the United States government violating over 500 legal treaties it signed with the tribal nations or the United States of America having legalized slavery for 89 years of its existence or denying minorities the same civil rights and equality as white people for 188 years of its entire existence or legally segregating minorities because there were white people in power who believed minorities, particularly Black people and Native Americans, were inferior to white people and should be separated from white people. In other words, I don't believe in what you believe any more than I believe in Manifest Destiny. And I'm not going to pretend I do and misuse God's name like that. I think God's name has been abused and misused enough to justify the existence of this country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0