Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I get up I want to talk to my Grandmother. Okay so I start to talk and the phone rings annoying as it's my mother calling about my sister where after I know my sister will be home Friday morning.

Great so I talk and the cats knock papers down. My Grandmother makes a big deal holds a grudge saying "Son of a b-- cats". I say no big deal. She says "These G-d d--m cats" really she uses the lords name in vain all the time and now it is starting to get too me.

No wonder now I take walks listening to my music "smooth jazz", "binaural beats", only Christian music "Amy Grant" as worship music can make me cry. I also can't wait for Church.

So my question for Church am I using Church to get out of the house to fellowship with polar opposite's of my family and using God again? I do go to get out these negative house but I don't want to be using God like I did 15 years ago causing backsliding.

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I get up I want to talk to my Grandmother. Okay so I start to talk and the phone rings annoying as it's my mother calling about my sister where after I know my sister will be home Friday morning.

Great so I talk and the cats knock papers down. My Grandmother makes a big deal holds a grudge saying "Son of a b-- cats". I say no big deal. She says "These G-d d--m cats" really she uses the lords name in vain all the time and now it is starting to get too me.

No wonder now I take walks listening to my music "smooth jazz", "binaural beats", only Christian music "Amy Grant" as worship music can make me cry. I also can't wait for Church.

So my question for Church am I using Church to get out of the house to fellowship with polar opposite's of my family and using God again? I do go to get out these negative house but I don't want to be using God like I did 15 years ago causing backsliding.
I'm just asking, why does cursing bother you so much? I don't mean to sound unsympathetic

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm just asking, why does cursing bother you so much? I don't mean to sound unsympathetic
If I knew that I would not ask. It is a mental issue that I developed when I was 16 years old after I had mono.

Explained more here.
Why I left the church painfully
However I did find a Church.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nothing everyone I seen says I am the only one with this horrible problem.
What happens when someone curses and you hear it? Do you get scared, angry, upset?

Have you tried to distract yourself when someone does curse? Focusing on something could also help. A maths problem for example engages the brain.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Angry and upset.
Do you think it's something you can counteract mentally? I think you can.

You need an immediate response which will lessen the impact it has on you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True but back to my original question please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I am using God. I know I struggle around social events. However I am starting to accept that whatever God wants with my life and that hearing, seeing swearing and seeing bad people doing bad things is Satin trying to make me backslide away from God.

However this scares me:
christian no friends - YouTube
again Satin putting bad thoughts in my head.

Upvote 0

Jon Osterman

Jan 23, 2018
Glasgow
✟59,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sympathise. I would also feel uncomfortable with the swearing. However, I would be assertive enough to ask the person to cut it out. It is your house? If it is, you need to make sure that those who live there show the proper respect, or throw them out.

Also, I presume you have your Mother in your contacts, so you can see it is her before answering the phone. So why even pick up if you know she is just going to annoy you?

It sounds to me like your personal hell is of your own making.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, I presume you have your Mother in your contacts, so you can see it is her before answering the phone. So why even pick up if you know she is just going to annoy you?
Good question because then she will call the home phone number which my Grandmother or Uncle wondering why I did not pick up as that has happened when I use the bathroom then forcing me to still talk to her.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't get me wrong my Grandmother loves me and if it was not for her I would have most likely not be he so it is God's plan for her to still watch over me.

However I need to get out of the house and now with the Church and the groups I can. I also take my daily walks "try to make them daily with weather, Grandmother and her son going out" so I don't crack up like I nearly did before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums