Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys, this is a post that just lays out what I believe exactly, so that anyone who wants can see. This isn't an apologetics or debate post. If you believe something different, post your own post, but don't comment on what I believe. God Bless!

I believe in the Divine Trinity, God Jesus & the Holy Spirit, all interactable beings. All are One, and all are God. I believe that God sent His Son to die for my sins, opening the ONLY door to heaven for me that I only have to accept. I believe in the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself in you and guiding you, convicting you, throughout your daily walk. I believe that Jesus Christ was sacrificed on a Cross, paying my debt in sin, and I can talk to God Himself through prayer to any Person of the Trinity. I believe that after Jesus, at Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came down and manifested Himself tangibly in thousands of people. I believe that He has manifested Himself thousands of times since then, and will continue to do so. I believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit including speaking in tongues. I believe that all of the New Testament is valid today, and anything in the Old Testament, not changed in Christ's time, is also valid today (such as sacrificing animals for sin). I believe in tithing to God's ministry, I also believe that God didn't say you have to be an adult. I believe in a "young Earth", approx 6,000 years old. I believe that God has given more than enough proof of this to be ashamed to argue against it. I believe that macroevolution (one species changing to another species) is just a theory, and a faulty one at that. It will never have a shred of proof, and God's Truth will prevail. I believe that God loves everybody on Earth. I believe that nothing that we do could change that. I believe that God places a covering of protection over every person on Earth that guards them from harm until God's plan is for you to die. I also believe (controversial subject) that after denying and refusing God for so long, that covering of protection and blessing is removed, by God, and God lets satan do whatever he pleases with you. I believe that there is power in prayer. I believe that God can do anything at all, He has no limits, and He does today (raising the dead didn't stop in Bible times). I believe that unless you are convicted by the Holy Spirit to be saved, you are just reciting a prayer. If you keep putting off getting saved, you aren't guaranteed that you will survive until next time, and even then, you aren't guaranteed that the Holy Spirit will convict you to get saved then. If you think God listens to your plan, you are mistaken. I believe that unless you are saved by God's grace alone, under the covering of the Blood of Jesus Christ, you will not go to heaven. I tell people,"I don't believe in Hell, just the other 300 names for it mentioned in the New Testament alone." I believe in Heaven and Hell, I don't agree with the argument that because God didn't choose the word Hell in His Word, the reality of Hell doesn't exist. Different names for Hell are mentioned in the New Testament alone more than 300 times! (Including Hades, the place of weeping and gnashing of teeth, lake of fire, etc.. 300 times!!) I believe that there is no erro in the Word of God, the original Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic text, but I believe that God's Word could have been misinterpreted in translation, leading to misguided truth. I also know that I can't read any of those languages, so I trust God to reveal to me what He says to my heart. I believe in Rev.3:16, God loves people ON-FIRE for Him! I believe that God has given more than enough proof that radical love for Him is the original plan for us! I believe in satan and demons. I believe in demonic possession. I (PRAISE GOD!) also believe in deliverance! I believe that there is a time for everything, a time for apologetics, but I also believe that we are here to win souls, not arguments! I believe that worshipping God is my purpose for living, and living for Him is the absolute most peaceful, most rewarding lifestyle possible! I believe that Jesus loves me JUST THE WAY I AM. I am not too big, too small, too stupid, not funny enough, too different, or anything else the world lies to me about. I believe you can feel God, you can touch Him, you can talk to Him, He talks back (sometimes out loud). I believe that God gives us standards to protect us. I believe that anything not FOR God is AGAINST Him. There is no inbetween activity. Either what you are doing pleases God, or it disgusts Him. I believe that it's not too much to ask to give up anything for God. I believe that God gave us His son, and I won't hold anything less than that beck from Him. I believe that if God tells you to not do something, it is a sin to do it, even if it's something like going to church. I believe that God divinely appoints every step of my day, guiding me through everything I do. I believe that God will not give me too much to handle. I believe that God is able to love us even if we despise Him. He loves us even if we are full of sin. I believe you can step out of God's will, but not out of His plan. He always knows what's up ahead, and makes every blessing and challenge to lead to them. I don't believe in fatalism(no matter what, you will die at a certain point, even if you jump out of the car before it hits the wall, you will die from, say, a heartattack because you cannot escape death's timing), you should pray for protection. I believe God breaks down walls. I believe Jesus is coming back, I don't know when, but I hope soon. I don't know, but I feel that Christians will endure the Tribulation, but I'm not going to be dogmatic about it, since God doesn't make it clear in His Word. I believe God is the smartest person, but I believe satan is 2nd smartest(yes, smarter than you!). I believe that God's timing is perfect, and His plan is amazing, and we all should follow Him.

Again, if you don't agree with something I say, post it somewhere else. I'm not trying to start arguments in this post, just telling what I believe.
Please post a list of what you believe in a forum so that we all can see.
Feel free to reply with notes about similarities in what we believe and blessings or prayer requests.

led

forgiven
Jun 24, 2003
LosAngeles
Visit site
✟16,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i believe most of what you believe. I would type it all out but you pretty much nailed everything. You sure do have a good grasp on the teachings of the bible. A couple minor (very minor) things you will realize with time. Since you don't want my input on your beliefs though I'll leave it up to God to continue to guide your mind and I'll just give you one of these... :hug:

Upvote 0

TransformedByGrace

Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, thank you for your courteousness... Mostly, I have debated people over meaningless-doctrinal issues, and this is what I'm trying to avoid... I don't exactly know how to explain... how about this: Your input is welcome, but your debate topics are not.
I do like to talk about topics expressed here, but I don't want to waste my time debating topics that are mostly just doctrinal. There are things that do matter, and do need to be discussed: Salvation, etc... but ideas that are controversial, and God doesn't care about when you get to heaven, are just religious, and aren't really worth my time to debate. Thank you, though, I appreciate your courteousness :)

Upvote 0
Thats cool that you believe those things. I dont believe any of those (see profile) but its cool that you do. Most of my Christian friends that debate do so over the doctrinal issues you mentioned. I am not sure if those can ever be resolved in debates but they are good mind exercises nonetheless. Listening to both sides of a debate is interesting.
I think that people who believe in God are very kind and considerate (for the most part)
I put my faith in other people. I have faith in my friends and family and people around me.
At least 2 members here (usernames Amie and stacy2) are convinced that they saw an angel. I believe them.
I believe that someday I can make the world a better place for my future children.
I believe someday I will marry a woman who believes in God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums