What historical evidence proves the existence of God?

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Is there any evidence that doesn’t only prove the Bible, but proves the existence of God? I know I shouldn’t, but sometimes I wonder if God is even real, and historical evidence would really help me.
Historical evidence, how about the sun existing, it's very historical you know.

the funny thing about evidence is that hebrews chapter 11 says faith is the evidence ... so ...

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any evidence that doesn’t only prove the Bible, but proves the existence of God? I know I shouldn’t, but sometimes I wonder if God is even real, and historical evidence would really help me.

I would go for the seven day week as being irrefutable evidence of the existence of God. The seven day week is hard coded and cannot be changed, when the French Revolutionaries in the 1790s for example brought in a ten day week it collapsed as unworkable.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

We have a seven day week now in 2022 as an everlasting memorial that God created the earth in six days and rested on the seventh.

God Bless You :)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Bible is evidence for God because the Bible shows forth evidence that it is divine in origin. I created a blogger article on evidences for the Word of God that you might find encouraging.

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God

I hope it helps build up your faith, and may God bless you.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

What you're asking for is impossible. If matters of faith could be proven, they'd be fact, and everyone would adhere to them.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
If we had historical evidence of God, it would be knowledge, not faith. One day when we're with God, we will have such knowledge, but right now we are required to have faith. If our faith isn't strong enough, then we can lean on Jesus Christ and HIS faith will make up for where we fail. For us, faith is a decision. We decide to follow Jesus. We decide to trust. We decide to commit. Etc. For me, I see evidence of God just by walking outside and seeing all the wondrous things he made and knowing that it didn't just all randomly happen by mistake. I can't scientifically prove it (and again if I could, it wouldn't be faith), but it's still sufficient evidence for me, even if it turned out that every historical description in scripture was false. I don't base my faith on the historical or scientific truth of scripture (because that's not the purpose of scripture) but on the truth of God that is revealed through scripture.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Discovery by Ron Wyatt
Chariot wheel found at Red Sea
Chariot Wheels in the Red Sea
And many more discovery if keep browsing their website.

Ron is not among the living anymore. However, I am very skeptical of many of Wyatt's past so called discoveries. But that does not mean there are not a lot of other more reputable ones, though.

Ron Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation (WAR, W.A.R.)
(Note: I happen to agree with the article; It does not mean I endorse the website's other beliefs or articles).

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if God is even real, and historical evidence would really help me.

Ever watch the Sound of Music? Maria sings a song to von Trap with the line, 'nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could.'
If there is no God, no first cause, how is it that there is a universe, a solar system, planet earth with life on it?

The bible is being very serious when it says the heavens proclam the glory of God etc etc.

You would like something less deep.

Jesus's resurrection, can you find evidence that shows it did not happen, because if you can there is no reason for Christianity.
Try lee Stobel 'T he Case for Christ.'

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Unfortunately there isn't. We rely not on sight and our senses, but on faith that we have received from God.

But God doesn't ask us to put our faith into ideas about Himself, but rather presents Himself to us in Jesus, Jesus said, "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father" and "If you have known Me, you have known My Father also". St. Paul says of Jesus that He is "the visible image of the invisible God".

The way we know and meet God is through Jesus Christ, His Incarnate Son and Word. The Son, who is Himself truly God even as the Father is truly God, became flesh, became human, "The Word became flesh and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only-begotten Son of the Father, full of grace and truth".

We behold God in the Person of Jesus Christ, in Christ's life, His works, His sufferings, His death, etc. God comes down and meets us not in strength and power, but in weakness and folly (1 Corinthians 1:18-30), because God's power is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Miracles that happen today prove the existence of God. Also, without a divine Creator, how could anything in nature- including Earth itself - exist?

When my sister taught me about Christianity, I was an atheist because only weather was in the sky, not a group of angels and dead people, and the only sound from the sky was thunder, not a man's voice talking to people on the ground. I was an atheist because scientists had proven humans came from chimpanzees over millions of years- not dust in one day. I was an atheist because I did not know this:

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I will never forget her telling me, "Because God created science, He can break the rules of science."

If you know these two facts, you will never doubt the existence of God again.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Miracles that happen today prove the existence of God. Also, without a divine Creator, how could anything in nature- including Earth itself - exist?

When my sister taught me about Christianity, I was an atheist because only weather was in the sky, not a group of angels and dead people, and the only sound from the sky was thunder, not a man's voice talking to people on the ground. I was an atheist because scientists had proven humans came from chimpanzees over millions of years- not dust in one day. I was an atheist because I did not know this:

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I will never forget her telling me, "Because God created science, He can break the rules of science."

If you know these two facts, you will never doubt the existence of God again.
Thank you! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The existence of matter. . .how/where did it originate?

• Winner
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0
Jan 24, 2022
Orange Park, FL
✟9,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow great question. Why limit yourself to "historical evidence", as if logical and/or rational evidence doesn't exist? There have been debates on what counts as evidence in a rational sense for beliefs for like 50 years, give or take. I only ask to narrow down on what you define as evidence.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow great question. Why limit yourself to "historical evidence", as if logical and/or rational evidence doesn't exist? There have been debates on what counts as evidence in a rational sense for beliefs for like 50 years, give or take. I only ask to narrow down on what you define as evidence.
I hadn’t thought of that, I guess I was looking for any kind of evidence

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Richard Wurmbrand was a Romanian christian pastor of Jewish descent, who suffered badly under the Soviets.

He wrote a book entitled "The Answer to the Atheist's Handbook". I think it originally had another title "The Answer to Moscow's Handbook" or "Manifest", but with the fall of the Wall, the title was modified to atheism in general.

Because he was familiar with the Soviet system, some names crop up in his book that most of us would know nothing about. He was also well aware of his Jewish origins.

He has one chapter on "Prophecies about the Jewish People", and it includes the following -

"... Frederick the Great, King of Prussia, once asked his chaplain, "Give me a sure proof of the inspiration of the Holy Scriptures". The chaplain answered, "It is the Jew your majesty"....

The prophecies about the Jews begin with a promise made to Abraham, the first Jew, some 4,500 years ago. Listen to it: "I will make you a great nation"....

The Christian world bears the name of a Jew, Jesus Christ. The Communist camp was found upon the name of another Jew, Karl Marx. The universe as a whole bears the name of yet another Jew, Einstein (My comment - before him, another Jew, Isaac Newton). Over sixty percent of the Nobel prize winners are Jewish ... Jews played a tremendous role in the Communist revolution - men like Trotskyk, Zinoviev, Kamenev. Lenin was half Jewish. Jews played a big role in the anti-government fight within the Soviet Union. Litvinov, the writer Daniel, Krasnov-Levitin, and other freedom fighters who suffered imprisonment, are Jewish. Jews are active in the economic and political life of the United States and many other countries. ... The Jew Teller is called "the father of the nuclear bomb....

Dr. Sale Harrison in his book "The Remarkable Jew" writes "No one will doubt that the Jews of today hold the money chests of the world. Wherever they have gone, they have become the wizards of finance."

Basil Mowell sayd in his book "Bible Light in Present Events' " A careful computation of the university professors of Western Europe, apart from Britain before the First World War, showed that about seventy percent were of Jewish birth and persuasion"....

... Simone Weil, a Jewess, was one of the most profound theologians of Catholicism...

... The Hebrew Language is the only old language that has been revived and is now spoken currently in Israel. This has not happened with Latin (my comment - I sometimes think that some traditional Catholics wish it would), old Greek, Slavonic, Irish, Welsh or any other old language...

Thus the prophecy has been fulfilled. A small Bedouin tribe has become a great nation - great in all respects, for good or ill Even Yaroslavski, founder and president of the League of the Godless and the great leader of this movement, was Jewish..."

There's more, but I'm not going to type it all out. The way I see, the history of Israel and Chrisitanity are both so peculiar that only God would think of them - call a single man out of his home town and send him on a journey, testing him on the way to see if he was prepared to sacrifice his only son, a type of Christ, and millennia later God would in fact offer His only Son, executed as a criminal. Yet both are still around today - the Jews who comprise only about half a percent of the world population, but with an enormous influence despite all their suffering, and Christianity, based on a Jew. Christianity is now all around the world, and so are the Jews following the dispersion, also prophesied.

They're not based on a myth.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0