• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What have you learned about your health?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by OldWiseGuy, Apr 23, 2020.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+8,979
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    What health practices have been revealed by the experts that you found helpful in resisting or mitigating the coronavirus?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,604
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I avoid people like the plague, for one. I have a home gym I workout in. Until the food shortage, I followed a mostly vegan diet. But now eat like Elvis. Love the corn dogs! But from past experience, I can repair that damage in days to come using the Esselstyn diet.

3. OldWiseGuy

+8,979
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    So nothing from the experts?

4. Dave L

+4,604
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I always consult experts before adopting a lifestyle. Why avoid people like the plague if the experts don't recommend it?

5. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Member

+137
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Not so much related to the corona virus but I have discovered some beneficial eating habits while under lock down. When it comes to my drinking habits, I just have to limit my coffee intake to two cups a day max, up to two cups of decaffeinated tea, no pop, no alcohol, and drink plenty of water. With fast food, limit it to twice a month.

With exercise, I was surprised by how easy it was to burn calories by doing push ups and weight training. It's no wonder why professional bodybuilders need absurd amounts of calories to build muscle. Going for thirty minute walks also really helps with weight loss and fighting cabin fever.

By doing all of this, I've been losing a lot of weight since early March. With all this free time and lack of temptation to overeat, I'm actually on the path to getting back to a healthy weight again. Praise God!

6. OldWiseGuy

+8,979
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I meant in regard to the coronavirus.

7. Dave L

+4,604
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Stay healthy by working out in your home gym. Most with preexisting health problems don't make it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Monksailor

Monksailor Adopted child of God. Supporter

+574
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I am a trained and experienced NBC Warfare NCO from the Army and last served in combat in Iraq in 06-07, and started my military life in '72 as a communications controller. I can say, in fact, that they are NOT informing us of enough safety measures, but practically no one would go through the pia, exhaustive, and expensive processes &/or purchases, if even possible, to put real safety measures in effect. How many of you, for example, retrieve your mail with latex gloves and sterilize it before entering your safety area in your home? How many have actually created decontamination chambers (sealed visqueen or such foyers for removing any possibly contaminated clothing or accessories at all ports of entry from going out into areas which could have contamination and where decontamination can be done BEFORE entry into your safe area in your homes?) How many, at the least, remove your foot wear and spray with disinfectant and allow time to disinfect? Just going to your mail box on the road puts possible threat of contamination minimally on your foot wear along with what ever touches the mailbox and mail. How many are actually continuing to decontaminate all of their groceries and dispose of their bags before entry in to safe area in home? I could go on and on and on. One oversight anywhere in any way it can enter one's home leaves the home contaminated.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. Monksailor

+574
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    The medical practices I have not learned but learned to expand into my civilian life, though, are manifold. But knowing what I do about controlling contamination and decontamination make being in a civilian setting, especially one of civil liberties rights advocates relative to such things as quarantines and Stay at Home Orders, during such makes me even more glad that I am secured with the HOPE and expectations of which a Christian is assured.

Oh, NBC means Nuclear/Biological/Chemical and NCO means Non-Commissioned Officer.

Also, the govmt and medical care facilities have understandably secured most, if not all, of what we would need to make and keep our homes really safe.

And doing without and staying at home is just not "the American Way of consumerism.

Most of you know as well as I that if the spread of a virus keeps increasing exponentially martial law would have to be imposed to MAKE people stay home and survive on just bread and rationed water, if need be, in order to control the spread.

It has been a fact for decades that Germ/Biological Warfare is exponentially more dangerous than Nuclear or Chemical Warfare and that is why it is forbidden in the Geneva Convention, rules of war, so to speak. Unfortunately, only honorable nations in the world abide by it. One vial has the capacity to kill off all life, human and animal, on the planet earth.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  10. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+10,456
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's what I'm thinking
    repair some damage later because,
    since the CV outbreak
    I've picked up some unhealthy
    nasty habits.

MB

11. Monksailor

+574
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I am having absolutely no problem getting frozen Spinach and Quinoa, bulk California Blend or Norway Blend at the store. Most all frozen veggies, the non-sweet kind, are still abundant in our stores and our state has been #3 for weeks in number of cases. I thank God it has just moved down to #7. Maybe the governor's strict stay at home order is working.

12. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,620
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Biggest health benefit for me is not bumping into the Rottweiler that usually goes to the park at the same time as me! He is self isolating! Phew!

13. Monksailor

+574
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    That would make a great comic pix in the paper. On the shallow, esp with the pix of that micro dog, it is funny.

We have a coalition in our state fighting the governor's strict stay at home order who would probably love to buy it from you or this site, now that it is their legal property. Many people in our world today just don't have the capacity to realize the seriousness of things. They have their make-believe virtual games that they will fight you if you say that the games aren't real and in which they can "die" multiple times. There are so many fantasy exchanges going on in the social networks. Then you have those unbelievable "Reality" shows on TV! What a FARCE! Then you have the natural death-defying youth and young adults who, like I once did, love adventuring into the unsafe/dangerous regions and practices.

I, myself, want to stay as safe and healthy as I can now to be around for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren, if lucky.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,682
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I utilize natural and herbal remedies for health improvement. We receive bimonthly newsletters with helpful tips to strengthen immunity and emotional wellness. And I signed up for in depth herbal instruction from a well-known practitioner.

Most of our lifestyle practices weren't related to the virus. They're eco-friendly decisions which lessen our exposure to harmful chemicals. Going green has improved our health overall.

~Bella