What form was the 2nd person of the Trinity (Jesus) in before He took on flesh?

Jack0311

Jul 25, 2020
Texas
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem to believe that you have some kind of special knowledge.

Orthodox Christianity is good enough for me, thanks.

Maybe I only have some knowledge that you don't have yet since the answer is in scripture and I'm sure you've read it numerous times.

Enjoy the milk.

Upvote 0

Jack0311

Jul 25, 2020
Texas
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We recognize that you feel that you have received a special revelation from God.

Many of us (Christians) have had similar experiences.

One of the marks of a Christian ... is that he/she shares with the people of God.

That's why there are (4) gospels, and not just one. Each writer contributed to the understanding of God by the people of God.

You may not feel like this, ... but that's not a particularly Christian sentiment ...

I will share the answer to my question after people have had a chance to study and find it for themselves.

One of the marks of a child of God is that they're patient.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Gal 5)

Upvote 0

Jack0311

Jul 25, 2020
Texas
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your presumption that I am angry is incorrect.

Keep working on your heart ...

Normally when a person yells at someone they're angry and since you yelled at me it's natural to conclude that you were angry.

Keep working on your temper.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Normally when a person yells at someone they're angry and since you yelled at me it's natural to conclude that you were angry.

Keep working on your temper.
That's a fairly superficial interpretation (i.e. no depth) ...

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The question is about the 2nd person of the Trinity in the OT since He is clearly visible in the NT, but not as clear in the OT unless we know what to look for. We can clearly see God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, can you clearly see God the 2nd person of the Trinty? Please point Him out when you first see Him. If I can see Him I'm sure you can too but sometimes we "can't see the forest for the trees".

The Father has willed that He be known through His Son.

"If you have known Me, you know My Father also." - John 14:7
"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me." - John 14:11

It is Christ who comes to Abraham.
It is Christ who speaks through the burning bush to Moses.
It is Christ who is with the Israelites in the wilderness.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." - John 8:58

"For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ." - 1 Corinthians 10:1-4

Christ is present throughout the Old Testament. Who does Jacob wrestle with? An angel or the LORD? Yes, says Scripture. And Who is that? It is the very Eternal Son and Word Himself, Jesus Christ.

It isn't Christ instead of the Father or to the exclusion of the Spirit, of course; because of the Perichoresis of the Three Persons. But most certainly it is Christ right there, everywhere, throughout the pages of the Old Testament.

The Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit--everywhere.

So I don't understand it when you say that we clearly can see the Father and the Holy Spirit, but not the Son.

Because it is the Son that we meet at every step of the way through the entire unfolding drama of redemption in the Bible. And it is He who becomes flesh in the womb of the Blessed Virgin.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Jack0311

Jul 25, 2020
Texas
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Father has willed that He be known through His Son.

"If you have known Me, you know My Father also." - John 14:7
"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me." - John 14:11

It is Christ who comes to Abraham.
It is Christ who speaks through the burning bush to Moses.
It is Christ who is with the Israelites in the wilderness.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." - John 8:58

"For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ." - 1 Corinthians 10:1-4

Christ is present throughout the Old Testament. Who does Jacob wrestle with? An angel or the LORD? Yes, says Scripture. And Who is that? It is the very Eternal Son and Word Himself, Jesus Christ.

It isn't Christ instead of the Father or to the exclusion of the Spirit, of course; because of the Perichoresis of the Three Persons. But most certainly it is Christ right there, everywhere, throughout the pages of the Old Testament.

The Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit--everywhere.

So I don't understand it when you say that we clearly can see the Father and the Holy Spirit, but not the Son.

Because it is the Son that we meet at every step of the way through the entire unfolding drama of redemption in the Bible. And it is He who becomes flesh in the womb of the Blessed Virgin.

-CryptoLutheran

Since you say, "it is the Son that we meet at every step of the way through the entire unfolding drama of redemption in the Bible", can you point out where you first meet Him?

I do agree with you that He is throughout the OT but in what form is He in? He isn't an angel or a man yet He's still there so what form is He in when He's there? I know this sounds strange but there is a solid answer and it can be found in the NT.

Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The spiritual rock
Corinthians 10:1-4: [1] Moreover, brothers, I would not that you should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; [2] And were all baptized to Moses in the cloud and in the sea; [3] And did all eat the same spiritual meat; [4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums