What fads have you been a part of?

TryingToLive

Jul 12, 2004
DETROIT BABY..lol
✟7,735.00
Faith
Christian
I find it funny that every few years another fad comes along and ravages every city lol. in my high school and now, even college, we have the
Emo kids
Wanna-be thugs
Preps
Goth
....to name a few.

which were/ are you?
For me, I must admit that I am kinda an emo at times....sometimes not by choice lol which is weird because you dont often see blk emo guys :) so i guess i am an anomaly. But in my style of dress, I try to mesh all of the styles, for instance, i would wear a pair of torn faded jeans and then deck it out "emo style" with a dark sweater and a kinda scruffy look. it turns out pretty well

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was (and still am) a nerd...and I'm darned proud of it!
thglassespush.gif

Upvote 0

miss_klara

Old Married Woman
Apr 28, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟2,751.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was into yo-yos and later, South Park.
In terms of the school stereotyped group... I was in the smart Asian group. Please note: I was not particularly smart (I was an average B-grader), nor am I Asian. But in year 7, when I was eating lunch out of my locker, those were the girls that adopted me. :)

Upvote 0

TryingToLive

Jul 12, 2004
DETROIT BABY..lol
✟7,735.00
Faith
Christian
I was into yo-yos and later, South Park.
In terms of the school stereotyped group... I was in the smart Asian group. Please note: I was not particularly smart (I was an average B-grader), nor am I Asian. But in year 7, when I was eating lunch out of my locker, those were the girls that adopted me. :)
haha you have lead an interesting life havent u? i love the irony

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even though I had pogs and some of the CCGs, I was never serious about them - it was really just something to collect and keep myself occupied (and moreover, I never even played with any of them - they just sat there).

If we're talking cliques, though, I was never into that stuff. I fell into that 'average' group that didn't fit into any particular stereotype (although superficially the closest was probably the nerd area because most of my friends and I were all or all met initially in the advanced programs in middle and high school). If anything, I could easily be classified as a music nerd - simply because I like and listen to a wide variety of stuff.

However, with my preferences for Goth Rock and Industrial I could probably be lumped into the 'Goth' group - but I neither dress the part (doing so in Florida is just asking for heat stroke) nor would it be the sort that you'd see evident in schools (save for maybe a couple of kids who really know what they're talking about, something most so-called 'Goths' in high school, or the ones that label them such, don't). Basically I'd fall into that group that wouldn't associate with the mallgoths because, frankly speaking, mallgoths aren't actually Goth. Not that I ever did that or even cared about it though. Most of my friends and I looked 'normal' as far as that was concerned.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

the only fad that comes to my mind right now is those virtual pets or whatever they were..

but as far as cliques...I guess I was in the show choir/performance clique...and I guess the, well whatever you call the people in the honors/Ap/Enriched classes.....but really it's weird to think about because both of those groups, at least in my school, included people from every stereotypical clique, so I don't know..I guess I was a floater :scratch:

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, when I was younger, I had pogs.

I already went through the "goth/punk" trend. Now I think I'm verging on preppy with the skinny jeans and flats ^_^

Music trends....Linkin Park. Like almost everybody else, I love their music.

And I was in the "drama nerd" clique lol.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh my...there's too many to name, but here's a few I was in:

Giga Pets/Tamagotchi's (I actually still have a bunch of them)
Pokemon cards/games
Furbies (I wanted them so bad, my parents and my grand-mom bought me one for my birthday. I had sooo much fun with the 2! They used to talk to each other!)
and Pogs.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Was anyone else really into collecting Beanie Babies back in the day? I used to always beg my mom to take me to the local toy store just so that I could see if they had the new Beanie Babies in stock. I spent so many weeks' allowance on those things.

Upvote 0