No member of the Godhead takes control of your life. You have to practice self-control. You have to overcome sin and temptation! Part 1

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The call to be His disciple is one of denying self taking up our cross daily and following Him as one’s Lord and Master. We become slaves of Christ our Master. If He is not ruling one’s life then possible the person does not have His life in them via the Holy Spirit of promise.
I agree, brother. Acts 5:32 says that the Spirit is given to those who obey Him.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 1:7 says
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

By the indirect wording of 1 John 2:9-11, we know that walking in the light is loving your brother. So you have to love your brother in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse you from all sin. That’s one of the many conditions we see in Scripture.
There are no conditions to receiving God's love and forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are no conditions to receiving God's love and forgiveness.
Sorry. That is not what the Bible says.

1 John 1:9 says,
”If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.

Confessing is a condition in this above verse in order to have your sins forgiven.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry. That is not what the Bible says.

1 John 1:9 says,
”If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.

Confessing is a condition in this above verse in order to have your sins forgiven.
Yes, it is.
But you said that we have to love our brother before we can be cleansed from sin. That is not what John says - if we confess our sin he will forgive.
God doesn't ask us to prove ourselves to earn his forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is.
But you said that we have to love our brother before we can be cleansed from sin. That is not what John says - if we confess our sin he will forgive.
God doesn't ask us to prove ourselves to earn his forgiveness.
There is a difference involving our instructions between “Initial Salvation” and “Living Out Your Salvation.”

Again, how is 1 John 1:9 true for you? Can explain how if we confess our we are then forgiven of sin?

Upvote 0

Dahveed

May 25, 2023
Zion
✟18,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 1:7 says
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

By the indirect wording of 1 John 2:9-11, we know that walking in the light is loving your brother. So you have to love your brother in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse you from all sin. That’s one of the many conditions we see in Scripture. Just believing in Jesus alone with no change in our life is not going to benefit a believer.
We know that we have passed out of death into Life and have fellowship in Christ with our brothers and sisters. He who does not love remains in [spiritual] death. 1 John 3:14

Now may you be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-9

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We know that we have passed out of death into Life and have fellowship in Christ with our brothers and sisters. He who does not love remains in [spiritual] death. 1 John 3:14

Now may you be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-9
If a believer has any kind of spiritual discernment these days, they know that we are living in the last days and a good majority of Christians tend to think they can sin and still be saved on some level. Some appear to be for holy living for salvation but when push comes to shove they also double speak and say they can sin and still be saved, too. John MacArthur, John Piper, etcetera both preach this double message. I have also seen it with talking with various Christians online for the past 12 years, as well.

As for Romans 15:5-9: I believe Paul is referring to believers who intimately know each other and they are agreed upon involving doctrine that Paul is giving to them. This would not be in reference to just any believer who professes Jesus as their Savior or who rejects certain doctrines in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Dahveed

May 25, 2023
Zion
✟18,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a believer has any kind of spiritual discernment these days, they know that we are living in the last days and a good majority of Christians tend to think they can sin and still be saved on some level. Some appear to be for holy living for salvation but when push comes to shove they also double speak and say they can sin and still be saved, too. John MacArthur, John Piper, etcetera both preach this double message. I have also seen it with talking with various Christians online for the past 12 years, as well.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4:3-4
As for Romans 15:5-9: I believe Paul is referring to believers who intimately know each other and they are agreed upon involving doctrine that Paul is giving to them. This would not be in reference to just any believer who professes Jesus as their Savior or who rejects certain doctrines in the Bible.
We're not accepted through various doctrines, we are established through faith in Christ,
offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:4-6

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4:3-4
That really does not answer what I said. I think you are confusing “the gospel” with “the call of the gospel.” I basically was saying there are many who justify sin or who turn God’s grace into a license to sin on some level. These types of believers will agree with me on that the gospel message that saves in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. The gospel message is believing Jesus died for your sins, He was buried, and risen the third day for our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). This is how we are initially saved. It is God’s grace. But they don’t agree with with me on the secondary aspect of salvation, which is the ”Sanctification of the Spirit, and a belief of the truth” (Which is a call of the gospel - not that it is the gospel - see: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14). Also, see Galatians 6:8-9, and Romans 8:13.

We're not accepted through various doctrines, we are established through faith in Christ,
offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:4-6
What you said was not entirely true.
The Bible says,

”Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dahveed

May 25, 2023
Zion
✟18,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That really does not answer what I said. I think you are confusing “the gospel” with “the call of the gospel.”
You or anyone else is hard pressed to confuse a partaker an heir in Christ. These who believe will never be confused. 1 Peter 2:6
I basically was saying there are many who justify sin or who turn God’s grace into a license to sin on some level.
Justifying sin is the equivalent of offering your self-righteous deeds, the offering of Cain.
These types of believers will agree with me on that the gospel message that saves in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
Those types of unbelievers have no agreement with believers. (2 Cor 6:14-16
The gospel message is believing Jesus died for your sins, He was buried, and risen the third day for our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). This is how we are initially saved. It is God’s grace. But they don’t agree with with me on the secondary aspect of salvation, which is the ”Sanctification of the Spirit, and a belief of the truth” (Which is a call of the gospel - not that it is the gospel - see: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14). Also, see Galatians 6:8-9, and Romans 8:13.
What part is it of "There is no condemnation, now that we are in Christ," intrigues you?
What you said was not entirely true.
The Bible says,
But the Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
Such teachings come through hypocritical liars...1 Tim 4:1-2
”Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16).
Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums