ERice2nd

Oct 7, 2006
Michigan
✟16,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been hearing this verse a lot lately and I would like to know what does "experiencing God" mean and what biblical verse are people using to back it up. I honestly don't know and I am honestly curious about this. I would just like to know the biblical concept.

the only way I can describe it is "when the holy spirit is upon you" that is experiencing God, its a feeling of tremendous peace and well-being. and the only part of scripture that comes to mind to support that is Pentecost.

I honestly think people get it wrong though since many of them believe you experience God only during certain times, I believed this way at one time even. but I have found that to be untrue since Jesus said he will always be with us. So what I think it is, is that sometimes you feel God's presence in your life more strongly then others but he is never really away from you during the time when you are so busy you dont notice him.

God is like a small still voice in a wind storm, you have to quiet your mind before you can hear him, this is why it says to meditate regularly in the Bible. thats true communion with God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.