• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What does Col. 2:9 mean to you?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by edpobre, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanuk

Kanuk Guest

+0
    Perhaps you would like to explain how I have misunderstood Colossians 2:9?

Please do not try to BS me as you do others. You are not fooling anyone. I know Greek very well. Let's see if you really do as you claim.

Kanuk

2. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Monkey Boy

+71
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican

"Perhaps you would like to explain how I have misunderstood Colossians 2:9?"

I would like to know. I aksed you about it on the other board also. The greek seems pretty straight forward to me.

Blackhaw

3. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "4138 pleroma {play'-ro-mah}

from 4137; TDNT - 6:298,867; n n

AV - fulness 13, full 1, fulfilling 1, which is put in to fill up 1,
    pierce that filled up 1; 17

1) that which is (has been) filled
    1a) a ship inasmuch as it is filled (i.e. manned) with sailors,"

Okay, that pretty much explains fullness..to be filled..That's pretty easily translated..The word you seem to miss is this one

"2320 theotes {theh-ot'-ace}

from 2316; TDNT - 3:119,322; n f

AV - Godhead 1; 1

1) deity
    1a) the state of being God, Godhead"

wow..so literally translated..he was full of diety ..sounds like he is saying Jesus is God to me :lol:

The next verse is better translated in my opinon as this

"And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: "

you are made complete..not filled with diety. Better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.