United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What must I do to get saved?

Acts 16:31
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, and your house."

I believed and confessed Jesus as my Savour and became born-again. (IOWs) I NAMED Jesus as my Savour and I CLAIMED Him as my Lord. I trust and obey (in Him) for there is NO other way. BTW... How did you get saved?

and here's more!

**** Our household is blessed.
**** Our health is blessed...
**** Our marriage is blessed...
**** Our finances are blessed...
**** Our relationships are blessed...
**** Our businesses are blessed...
**** Our jobs are blessed...
**** Our children are blessed...
**** Our grandchildren are blessed...
**** Our parents are blessed...
**** Our siblings are blessed...
**** Our ministries are blessed...
**** Our decisions are blessed...
**** Our friends are blessed...

How did I receive these blessings? (I-named-it-and-claimed-it)
Yippie_zpsqdnvbhs8.gif
I may have missed a few but I think you get the idea, right? Anybody join me?

(you are in violation of our forum rules. "Please understand that visitors, guests, and non-members may not teach/debate against the beliefs of WOF, nor against the leaders/teachers of this group. In the event you wish to challenge and/or debate, then you need to go to the appropriate forum where you may do so, or open a formal debate with someone who you wish to debate a specific issue.")

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Satan is very cunning. Satan made it pursue for Eve to debate the issue. If Satan can get anyone to begin to debate any of the issue that is already settled in the Word of God (The Holy Bible),he is 2/3rd of the way there.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Satan is very cunning. Satan made it pursue for Eve to debate the issue. If Satan can get anyone to begin to debate any of the issue that is already settled in the Word of God (The Holy Bible),he is 2/3rd of the way there.

True ,let's look at it from Satan's view point.
What would he attack first?
Our salvation by the Blood of Christ, he would tell you Gods blood was of no use.
Second attack?
Our spiritual authority ,our relationship with God through the Holy Ghost, our spiritual Gifts he would say are demonic.
He would accuse the brethern falsely and say their anointing is strange fire.
He would blastphme the Holy Ghost by saying the gifts are not of God.
After he failed, he would try to take lost sinners to the lake of fire ,those who are left behind he would tell to take the mark of the Beast..

Do you know any preacher who for 30 years has been doing these things?
The devil is a liar,he has come to steal, kill, and destroy all things of God and God's people.
Open your eyes, and your ears.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is always people slammng word of faith teachers. Creflo Dollar and his airplane, now Joel Osteen b/c he has a large church in Houston. I read on yahoo today that he passed the collection plate at his church. What say you? I enjoy his teachings, every teacher seems to have something he is particularly good at like Jesse Duplantis, Kenneth Copeland and Creflo.

Pretty much all of them you mention are man centered false teachers.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Pretty much all of them you mention are man centered false teachers.

Hey Joe... Welcome to the Word/Faith forum. I must ask... Did God send you ALL the way up here to tell us that these guys are false teachers, that btw... puts you in violation of our forum rules? Didn't think so! You might want to repent, renew your mind (Romans 12:2)... and start over here to continue to walk in God's Grace. To be clear, your more then welcome to come up here and fellowship with us, but... when you enter into our home [first post?] and say, "pretty much, that... ALL of these (WoF) ministers of the Word are [man centered] "false teachers" such as... Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis, Creflo Dollar, and Joel Osteen... that is not allowed! Osteen is not WoF, but... very WoF friendly, and... (still not allowed).

Time (as we know it)... is way too short for self-judgements. It's (so sad)... that We sometimes judge by what we see, feel, and hear. God judges the heart Joe... so Let the light and the Love of Jesus Christ shine... that's within you!

Who am I? "about My Father's business"...

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Joe... Welcome to the Word/Faith forum. I must ask... Did God send you ALL the way up here to tell us that these guys are false teachers, that btw... puts you in violation of our forum rules? Didn't think so! You might want to repent, renew your mind (Romans 12:2)... and start over here to continue to walk in God's Grace. To be clear, your more then welcome to come up here and fellowship with us, but... when you enter into our home [first post?] and say, "pretty much, that... ALL of these (WoF) ministers of the Word are [man centered] "false teachers" such as... Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis, Creflo Dollar, and Joel Osteen... that is not allowed! Osteen is not WoF, but... very WoF friendly, and... (still not allowed).

Time (as we know it)... is way too short for self-judgements. It's (so sad)... that We sometimes judge by what we see, feel, and hear. God judges the heart Joe... so Let the light and the Love of Jesus Christ shine... that's within you!

Who am I? "about My Father's business"...

You call me to repentance and then you go on to say that God judges the heart. Do you not see the hypocrisy there?

By God's grace, I stand up for God's truth when I see errors. I don't always pay specific attention to the forum I am posting in. Joel Osteen and the others have demonstrated that which I wrote. I may have not written it in the best manner possible, but my conscience is clear on that particular post.

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Moreover, I judge, again by God's grace, in the light of God's word. I endeavor to not judge by "feelings".

John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have no choice but to believe the Word of God. We cannot pick and choose which promises are ours and which ones are not. We cannot try and be hyper-religious and be better than God, who deemed that we receive these things not only for our blessing, but for His glory.
Be religious if you want. I want to be faithful and please God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You call me to repentance and then you go on to say that God judges the heart. Do you not see the hypocrisy there?

By God's grace, I stand up for God's truth when I see errors. I don't always pay specific attention to the forum I am posting in. Joel Osteen and the others have demonstrated that which I wrote. I may have not written it in the best manner possible, but my conscience is clear on that particular post.

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Moreover, I judge, again by God's grace, in the light of God's word. I endeavor to not judge by "feelings".

John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

Well since we are randomly tossing out something close to Bible Schripture...

Romans 2: 1. Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? 5. But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6. Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
John 5: 21. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23. That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27. And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The man , who stands upon anything less than Gods Word will fall.
How can anyone Judge another man of God , by relying on Gossip?

If Joel stood up and said things that were clearly antiChrist, then we would have due cause to walk away from his teaching.

Legalism is demonic , because legalism is based on the persons logical presumption of evil.
A word of advice ,tread carefully when you judge a servant of God.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well since we are randomly tossing out something close to Bible Schripture...

Romans 2: 1. Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? 5. But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6. Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
John 5: 21. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23. That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27. And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Not randomly tossing out scripture. And Romans 2:1 is referring to hypocritical judgment.

Moreover, are you not judging me? If you say no, you are deceiving yourself. You make judgments everyday. You judge which clothes to wear. You judge which food to eat for breakfast. You judge to stop at red lights on the way to work. You judge whether or not to trust the chair you are sitting on. Judging is not an automatically bad thing. Jesus condemned hypocritical judgment, i.e. calling someone out on their sin issues when they themselves have not dealt with their own sin issues.

As far as John 5:21, yes, Jesus is the just judge of the universe, and if that does not cause you to tremble, you do not have an understanding of your own sinfulness and the grace that He grants those whom He chooses.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The world likes to use this "judging me" trick.
It is not "judging" to make an obvious observation about you. If you steal from me, you are a robber. If you sleep around, you are a fornicator. If you bare false witness, you are a liar. None of these have antying to do with "judging." It is not "judging" until you pick up a stone.
Nobody here is picking up stones as far as I can tell.
Snowflakes in the world use this judging trick. Lets not be conformed to the world.

• Winner
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Not randomly tossing out scripture. And Romans 2:1 is referring to hypocritical judgment.

Moreover, are you not judging me? If you say no, you are deceiving yourself. You make judgments everyday. You judge which clothes to wear. You judge which food to eat for breakfast. You judge to stop at red lights on the way to work. You judge whether or not to trust the chair you are sitting on. Judging is not an automatically bad thing. Jesus condemned hypocritical judgment, i.e. calling someone out on their sin issues when they themselves have not dealt with their own sin issues.

As far as John 5:21, yes, Jesus is the just judge of the universe, and if that does not cause you to tremble, you do not have an understanding of your own sinfulness and the grace that He grants those whom He chooses.

There is a difference between Judging and perceiving.
Saying something to tear down a Man of God, and a wardrobe malfunction do not equate.
I do not condemn my clothes, but sometimes I should..
They often are misleading by hiding the tag that says , not for humans over 30.

• Haha
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference between Judging and perceiving.
Saying something to tear down a Man of God, and a wardrobe malfunction do not equate.
I do not condemn my clothes, but sometimes I should..
They often are misleading by hiding the tag that says , not for humans over 30.

I really don't know what you are trying to say with these statements.

In the light of Biblical truth, Joel Osteen is not a Man of God. Not my perception, but God's truth.

Upvote 0

Simon the Tanner

Aspiring Apologist / Theoretical Theologian
Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
JoeP you have not produced any evidence that Joel Osteen is not a man of God. All you did was post a link to GotQuestions and a video of John MacArthur, a rabid cessationist who quite naturally despises all things Charismatic. Let me respond to what GotQuestions said.

First of all, they acknowledge that the statement of faith on the Lakewood Church website is "orthodox enough". They then state that Lakewood promotes the Pentecostal doctrine of "healing and wellness in the atonement". That's true, they do. So does the Assemblies of God denomination. You can't condemn Osteen and Lakewood without condemning 100 million Pentecostals around the world who believe that physical healing was provided in the atonement.

They then go on to address the "error" of tithing. Well, I was taught tithing in the Baptist church I was raised in. Tithing was taught centuries before the WoF movement or Pentecostal movement. It actually began with the Catholic church. So you can hardly call that a "prosperity gospel" or WoF doctrine.

He then addresses WoF teaching on faith and receiving from God, saying that God is not our servant. That's a straw man argument, because WoF doesn't teach that God is our servant. It teaches that He is our loving heavenly Father who desires to answer our prayers and provide for us as we seek first His Kingdom. If God didn't want to answer our prayers why did Jesus teach on prayer? Why did He talk about persevering in prayer? Why did he teach on faith? Why didn't He just talk about humility and suffering? The fact is He talked about both because both are part of the Christian walk.

He then says that Joel Osteen doesn't talk about sin. The fact is he talks about it every week when he leads people in the prayer of salvation.

He also talked about obedience to God in his book Your Best Life Now. No, he doesn't preach a lot of hellfire and brimstone messages, but then neither did the apostles. The only sin they preached about was the sin of rejecting Jesus.

GotQuestions is a cessationist website. On this page they list six reasons why the gifts of the Spirit have ceased. Is cessationism biblical? What is a cessationist?

Is it any wonder then that they have a low opinion of Joel Osteen, whose father John Osteen was a legend in the Charismatic world?

If you want to do a point by point discussion of Joel Osteen's teaching I'd be happy to accommodate you, but posting links to haters like John MacArthur and GotQuestions ain't gonna cut it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know when the woman was tossed at Jesus feet. She was caught in sin. She was guilty plan and simple. What gets me is.. she was not there because she asked to be. She didnt ask to be forgiven. It was freely given. This was before Jesus died and rose PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS! YES! LOVE THAT!

So I believe John 3:16 Rom 10:9-10. That "Yeshua came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sins. Was buried. Rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father." Now from what I have read and heard from my Father this is the only way to be saved born from above. And anyone that believes this is saved. I get no say in this what so ever.

I have kids. And I know Jesus is lord. I know He is real. More real then my family. In that there comes a fear pain and a hope ...yet knowing I can not give them everlasting life. I choose to feel like that towards all. Meaning I will have the same love for all .. the same as I do for my my babies. See the people we talk about now? They BELONG to a GOD. The fact the truth they are more family then your own brother and sister.

When I read Phil and 1st Cor 13 and more. I see how I have to must be thinking. How I have to must be loving and living. How I must get my life in order before I even start to glance at others. Then.. when I do I must have to always be seeing the good in them 1st. For I am always trying to help.. to lift them up. If I must bend down fall down on my face to pick them up. I will! For He did that for me. Every time I sin every time I miss it... He NEVER EVER tells the world or shoves it in my face. Just open arms and telling me.. thats why He died. This JUDGE set me free when I was guilty. He gave me freedom. He set me free. So...how can I not do the same for all? I HAVE to always remember NO ONE sins against me. I can not save anyone..only HE gives gave this. Remember WHY you are saved.

So when anyone says Jesus came in the flesh died rose is the only way to the Father like I do.. they are as the word of God says.. HIS. And.. I MUST remember saved or not they belong to a GOD and I am no better. Point to me and say WHY how are you any better? I fall on my face and point to Jesus. And as many times as He forgive me.. I will do the same

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am a woman of faith. But my faith is in God, not faith in faith. What I find disturbing is the "name it and claim it" based on scriptures like John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

For one thing that verse corresponds with 1 John 5:14 "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."

Therefore it is God's will, not ours.

In the first verse above, John 15:7, it is written in this way, "If you abide in Me, and My RHEMAS abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

As most people of word of faith know, rhemas are specific spoken words to us supernaturally by God. John 15:7 tells us then that Jesus speaks a rhema to us, we pray what we just heard and it comes to pass.

By His Spirit, His actual desires BECOME our desires. He places His desires into our heart. When we are confident that what we hear, as in a word or should I say, rhema, only then should you pray. Those prayers will be answered 100% of the time.

I'm 70 years old and have been filled with the Spirit for 40 years. I spend my "prayer time" in praise and gratitude." But I never waste God's time praying for my wants UNTIL I hear Him tell me what to pray for. If you make God the Lord over your life, it is His will that is perfect, and He is the best husband and provider I could ever want.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There are many things people find disturbing , but their opinion does not change the truth found in the Bible.

What I find "disturbing" is misinterpretation of Scripture to meet the carnal nature's needs.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joh_14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh_14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh_16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

The assumption by many is that we cannot know the will of God, and that the will of God is different for some than for others. The common will of God is well defined in the scripture. No need for special revelations or visions or dreams. Just the plain and simple Word of God. No need for it to be confirmed or personalized or validated for each individual. The Word spells it out clear as a bell. We have been "given all things that pertain to life and godliness." No need for God to verify that verse for each of us. "All the promises of God are in Him yes and amen." Again. God does not have to apear to me to make it more real than it is. We have been "redeemed from the curse of the law." Jesus did not suffer and die for some of us to be redeemed from the curse and not for others. We have been redeemed from everything that we need to be redeemed of. No exceptions. No special cases. Everything is included in the atonement. He did not leave anything out. He did not leave anything up to individual interpretation.

The principle of faith is also well defined in scripture also. Numerous clear and simple examples are given. My favorite is the fig tree. The Lord's explanation is so clear one has to willing be blind to deny it or not see it.

Mark 11:23-24
23 Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' if he doesn't doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.
24 That is why I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours.

It says what it says.
I am not implying that I understand all the ins and outs and whys and wherefores... but I do know the starting place is to agree with the Word of God. Child-like.. unquestioning belief without doubts, without fears. That is the first and the last reality of faith. God's Word is truth. The rest is subject to explanation... but not the Word.
Thy Word is Truth!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0