What do you hate about anime?

LeeEliot

Jan 8, 2004
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
✟127.00
Faith
Christian
Their pretentiousness. I have no problem with fiction being preachy, so long as it is well done. But anime in general are not just preachy; they are megalomaniacal. They are obsessed with drawing cheesy morals from every possible situation.

I hear Japanese people are some of the most non-religious (despite their amazing variety of traditional superstitions) on earth. I wonder if this is their way of making up for that void.

Upvote 0

Koryu

Rurouni Kenshin Fan
Dec 11, 2003
Aumsville, Or, USA
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Christian
Dawn Marie said:
I hate the way some characters look... just scary and ugly. Like in Dragonball... ew!
I agree :nods: ^_^ My best friend is REALLY into Dragonball (and all of the others like that....Dragonball Z and some others I don't care to remember the names of) but I can't stand it! O well, to each one his (or her) own! :D

What I hate most about anime is when the characters have squeaky voices. It takes away from the show. For example, in one of the Sailormoon movies, Chibiusa has the most annoying, high pitched voice ever (I know, I know when DOSEN'T she but this time it was noticeably worse. :sick: ). It was a really good movie, but I can't stand to watch it more then one time cause that voice of hers gives me a headache!! :p

Upvote 0

AcousticHxC

Nov 28, 2003
Killa Cali Westside
✟7,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Japanese are religious but not really "religious". Like most Americans they just blindly follow their national religion's (Shinto, Buddism) practices when their tradition sees it fit. Not because they think it's right, but because it's just expected in their culture. But I think the morals and stuff in anime are just things that they throw in there to make it more interesting. It bugs me too sometimes cause sometimes its obvious that they aren't really expecting people to follow it.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate how certain series drag out forever. Like when I was watching Dragonball over 10 years ago. Slam Dunk had the same problem, or any sports anime for that matter. Naruto has that problem now.

Reactions: FR0G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neko

Jan 10, 2004
North America
✟119.00
Faith
Christian
- I dislike it when anime series are released and you have to wait a month or two for each DVD.

- Another one would be the cost's, for some reason prices have been going up lately.

- I dislike it when people make copies (bootlegs) and sell them to make a profit for themselves, while the companies that produce/destribute the anime get nothing, but I still think its wrong, in my opinion.

- When they stop making a series or end it to early, so the ending actually has no ending to it.

PS: but still these are all my opinions, sorry for the long list though

Upvote 0

Doe Johnson

Jan 9, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
I'd say my least favorite things are fanservice, over use of sexual themes, length of time for the DVDs to come out, never being able to find the soundtracks at cheap prices, and when the stories have good messages but are so drenched with occult themes that you can't stand to watch them.

Anime is just Japanese cartoons! That's the definition of anime, cartoons. The only thing is that the Japanese put more effort into their cartoons. They are basically animated movies, complete with awesome music made just for them. Anime also has themes for every age group, not just for children like in America.

Upvote 0