What do you find attractive in a man/woman?

AuburnMeg

Contributor
Apr 24, 2004
✟17,606.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think Zac Efron is attractive in a pretty-boy kind of way, but that's not really my type. This is more my type:

bear_grylls.jpg

:D

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a question for the guys:

When you're determining what you find "beautiful" in a woman, do you base it more on her face, or her body? I understand that it's probably a mixture of both, but which gains MORE of your attention? Are you more likely to find beauty in an exquisite face that has a so-so body, or are you more likely to find beauty in a sexy body that only has a so-so face?

This always intrigues me because...when I see the pictures of the women that guys think are attractive, a lot of times they seem to have "sex appeal" but very little true beauty, IMO. And sometimes, I don't see beauty at all...like in this picture...

watts.jpg

I think her facial features are OK...nothing to sing and dance about, though. Her hair looks like you couldn't possibly get a comb through it, and her body looks very gaunt and unhealthy to me. Not too skinny, just zero muscle tone or shape. And anytime you can see someone's tendons and bones in their neck/chest area...that just completely grosses me out. A lot of skinny women, you can literally see their ribs across their chest, between their breasts...that just makes me wanna scream "EAT, PLEASE EAT!".

Is it just me? It probably is, lol.

Anyway, please answer my question, and ignore the rant, lol.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This girl, err, guy:

Zac%20Efron.jpg

I don't understand the appeal of girly looking guys either.

lol thanks, never heard of him before, and i undersatnd where Becky's coming from, he's not ugly or anything but he's not exactly my type. might be cuz he looks about 12 years old in that pic though :D

Upvote 0
R

rachey88

In guys I look for okay looks... but I base it more on their personality and how it meshes with my personality. For instance, my boyfriend (I guess you could call him) he is strong willed and very stubborn, but in a good way, he is still fairly open minded, he is a hard worker, but is not always the most patient person. He doesn't drink, and he doesn't do drugs... he doesn't smoke. (Unfortunately I still smoke cigarettes... I have to take baby steps.)

Me: I am not very strong willed, and I am very apt to change. I am kind of open minded.. but I have to have examples in front of me. I am a fun worker, I get it done but I try to enjoy myself. I am very very patient!!

So we mesh well because we compliment each other because it all balances out between us.. and he's a mechanic and I am a musician and an artist. So we are both very hands on learners. We are both christians and we both come from broken families. We have a lot of things that are opposite and different but we have soooo much in common.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reanimation

Nov 1, 2007
✟14,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

When you're determining what you find "beautiful" in a woman, do you base it more on her face, or her body? I understand that it's probably a mixture of both, but which gains MORE of your attention? Are you more likely to find beauty in an exquisite face that has a so-so body, or are you more likely to find beauty in a sexy body that only has a so-so face?

This always intrigues me because...when I see the pictures of the women that guys think are attractive, a lot of times they seem to have "sex appeal" but very little true beauty, IMO. And sometimes, I don't see beauty at all...like in this picture...

watts.jpg

I think her facial features are OK...nothing to sing and dance about, though. Her hair looks like you couldn't possibly get a comb through it, and her body looks very gaunt and unhealthy to me. Not too skinny, just zero muscle tone or shape. And anytime you can see someone's tendons and bones in their neck/chest area...that just completely grosses me out. A lot of skinny women, you can literally see their ribs across their chest, between their breasts...that just makes me wanna scream "EAT, PLEASE EAT!".
:|

Good grief, just how condescending do you want to be?

Yes, it's a combination of both, but the face is more important. But, if it looks like they don't take care of their body, then it's a major turn-off for me.

As for saying that Naomi Watts is unattractive because you can see the tendons in her neck... that's just ridiculously perfectionistic and terribly unrealistic.
Or maybe I'm just being self-defensive there, seeing as people tell me I have neck muscles like a horse. ^_^

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The face is always more important. A great face can do more to make up for a so-so body than a great body can make up for a so-so face. The face is what you see most often. The face is how you recognize her. The face lasts longer than the figure. Her outward beauty centers around her face. That is why 9 times out of 10 when a guy says Kiera Knightly is hot, they'll be thinking of her face as the basis for her hotness.

Upvote 0