What do you admire about the opposite sex?

T

TanteBelle

Did anyone else mention hands?

JUST saying.

Haha! There is something facinating about watching a blokes hands. They look tough and strong (whether long and slender or short and stumpy; same effect!) but at the same time, I dunno, there's something gentle about them too. Mezmerizing, I find them!

Oh, and that 'far away' gaze that they get when they just look you in the eye! There's a bloke I know, and he's got something about me in the moonlight! Even though I want to run away from embarassment, I can't help but think that that look is kinda cute! LOL! :blush:

And fathers who play with their kids!!!! Wow! That is a quality that I very much admire in blokes!

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Their breasticals :D

...what, someone had to say what we're all thinking... >_>

lol, I really like what they can do with their long, silky hair :p

I like that they don't have male genitals... that's a plus in my book...

Yep, I think I covered everything :) Haha, but really what's not to admire about a women... come to think of it, I better not answer that >_<

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Haha! There is something facinating about watching a blokes hands. They look tough and strong (whether long and slender or short and stumpy; same effect!) but at the same time, I dunno, there's something gentle about them too. Mezmerizing, I find them!

:thumbsup:

TanteBelle said:
Oh, and that 'far away' gaze that they get when they just look you in the eye! There's a bloke I know, and he's got something about me in the moonlight! Even though I want to run away from embarassment, I can't help but think that that look is kinda cute! LOL! :blush:

YES!

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, I feel like lately I've been more negative than I should be in the crush thread, and Ethnog's 'meeting' thread made me think of some of the men I have been blessed to know. I know people are people and it's not that some qualities are only true of one sex, but men and women ARE different and I know there are some things I really admire about the male personality/character. So what are some things you admire in the opposite sex?

I really admire are the fact men seem to remain more calm than women a lot of the time. Something else I've noticed, thinking about my dad in particular, is a kind of calm determination and doggedness to get the job done, day after day. He will do what it takes with a kind of quiet strength even when it's not fun or pleasant and I admire that.

It's not my intention to make a thread full of stereotypes - 'men do this, women do that' etc - but I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can celebrate our differences! :)

I get what you're saying, and I think you put it perfectly. :thumbsup: :hug:

Lets see:

I'm with you on the staying calmer thing. I would add to it that there's a definate difference in the way the two sexes process thoughts and emotions sometimes. Men tend to be more...well, I think of a machine with gears and stuff. If you turn this gear, it will turn this other gear. (I'm not saying men are just metal. ;) What I'm saying is that usually there's no guessing in trying to figure them out (in general). They just are. They just say. They just do. There's no build up of emotions for everything. You know? They are literal, which tends to be more like how I am. (writing in pink in parenthesis just to stress I enjoy my feminine qualities and do accept them :D )

~~~Disclaimer: I agree with Ceh on not trying to stereotype. If I prefer one aspect more than another, it doesn't mean I think the other aspect is bad~~~

2. They are stronger physically. They tend to want to take control. They like to protect. Yes, I can do a lot that men can do and thank goodness because it's just me to do it anyways. But I LIKE that we are not equal in some areas. I find it appealing and will let them do their thang instead of me doing it, any time.

3. Forearms. I love guys' forearms. (Are we supposed to venture from physical traits? Becaue I can't on this one. :cool:

I'll think of some more later. :thumbsup:

Reactions: ceh85
Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Only 4.86% of a human body is NOT covered in hair.

Trivia for the day :D

You know....I didn't know that. Interesting...to say the least.

Blind post:

I really like that men can work their rears off on a car and still smell good somehow.

[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]....osh

I love cologne, but there's something about the smell of a guys skin and each has their own. A fresh sweat is nothing but purely nature driving you crazy.

I may just have to take this thread in parts for now. ~fanning self~

Upvote 0

ceh85

You shattered my darkness,washed away my blindness
Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get what you're saying, and I think you put it perfectly. :thumbsup: :hug:

Lets see:

I'm with you on the staying calmer thing. I would add to it that there's a definate difference in the way the two sexes process thoughts and emotions sometimes. Men tend to be more...well, I think of a machine with gears and stuff. If you turn this gear, it will turn this other gear. (I'm not saying men are just metal. ;) What I'm saying is that usually there's no guessing in trying to figure them out (in general). They just are. They just say. They just do. There's no build up of emotions for everything. You know? They are literal, which tends to be more like how I am. (writing in pink in parenthesis just to stress I enjoy my feminine qualities and do accept them :D )

~~~Disclaimer: I agree with Ceh on not trying to stereotype. If I prefer one aspect more than another, it doesn't mean I think the other aspect is bad~~~

2. They are stronger physically. They tend to want to take control. They like to protect. Yes, I can do a lot that men can do and thank goodness because it's just me to do it anyways. But I LIKE that we are not equal in some areas. I find it appealing and will let them do their thang instead of me doing it, any time.

3. Forearms. I love guys' forearms. (Are we supposed to venture from physical traits? Becaue I can't on this one. :cool:

I'll think of some more later. :thumbsup:

I agree with all this, especially the first part. But ESPECIALLY the forearms part :hot: :D

I also like men's necks. I think that's just me though :sorry:

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
*blind post*

Arm hair. Yes I am weird :D

When they grin at your stupid moment and think it's cute.

The dichotomy of sweetness wrapped up in a strong looking package.

The ability to kill insects for me. Knight killing the dragon right there LOL

I love arm hair too.
And Ceh- YES the neck.

I love it when their hair grows out and needs to be cut, but they get too lazy to cut it. They look SO good. And, then they do get it cut and look ever better.

Upvote 0

yam

Sep 19, 2006
Unitedstates
✟18,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yep, I think I covered everything :) Haha, but really what's not to admire about a women... come to think of it, I better not answer that >_<
HAHA, why are you guys into that ? it either that or the Jlo, Beyonce and kim .

Upvote 0
T

TanteBelle

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!! Okay mate, that's probably the most honest comment, but er, kinda a bit too honest! Crikey!!! :o :p

But hey, blokes sure can teach us ladies a thing or two about forgiving! One bloke calls another out for no other reason other than that he's a big-headed jackass! So they have a blue .... and once they're done, have a good laugh, haul themselves into the pub ..... and share a beer!!! :thumbsup: Amazing, just amazing!!! Mindblowing to begin with but if you thought about it ... totally sensible! LOL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Why?? I don't think anyone can answer that question, it's something that's inbuilt from birth :D

It's like asking why most girls always feel like they need to look pretty all the time. A boy can wake up with horrible looking hair, put a t-shirt on and start the day but a girl can't go anywhere without spending half an hour in the bathroom then spend the next half wondering what to wear :p It's beyond us they do it! It's not like we'll think any less of you, you're still the same beautiful girl underneath all the make-up and those designer brands. But they do it anyway...

But hey, blokes sure can teach us ladies a thing or two about forgiving! One bloke calls another out for no other reason other than that he's a big-headed jackass! So they have a blue .... and once they're done, have a good laugh, haul themselves into the pub ..... and share a beer!!! :thumbsup: Amazing, just amazing!!! Mindblowing to begin with but if you thought about it ... totally sensible! LOL!
Yeah, but I don't know what's worse, a black eye or someone spreading rumours about you :p

I have no idea why guys fight, I think it's actually pretty complex.. something about being the dominant male out of the two; not just because you want to inflict damage on the person. Sometimes it can be a friend, they don't even have to dislike the guy to randomly start fighting him :confused: But yeah, after the fight it's usually all hugs and kisses lol

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I like a man who will stand up for his woman.. won't tolerate her being spoken to rudely or someone saying a bad word about her in his presence.. hearing that even second hand is the sweetest thing..

Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I like a man who will stand up for his woman.. won't tolerate her being spoken to rudely or someone saying a bad word about her in his presence.. hearing that even second hand is the sweetest thing..

I agree! A man that will fight for my honor is very admirable.

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I wish more men would do that. And, when they do, oh does it change a lot of things. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

Sunset2009

yam said:

I have been told that a lot of young men (not all, but the majority) are really into breasts and hips, like good-sized ones, for child bearing purposes. HA. (Apparently that's not what they're actually thinking. "Whoa, those are some nice child-bearing hips," or "Those looks like they would produce a lot of milk for my future thirsty babies!" Apparently it's just kind of imprinted into young men, lol.) And then apparently as men get older, and their "pool of women" become older, they're more attracted to really skinny women, because they're past prime child-bearing age.

This is what I hear...

Upvote 0
T

TanteBelle

Yeah, but I don't know what's worse, a black eye or someone spreading rumours about you :p

I have no idea why guys fight, I think it's actually pretty complex.. something about being the dominant male out of the two; not just because you want to inflict damage on the person. Sometimes it can be a friend, they don't even have to dislike the guy to randomly start fighting him :confused: But yeah, after the fight it's usually all hugs and kisses lol

Haha! I would've thought that one obvious! LOL!

Yep, I getcha!! And that's okay; we just love how you blokes quickly 'kiss and make up' at the end! ;)

Upvote 0