What do you admire about the opposite sex?

ceh85

You shattered my darkness,washed away my blindness
Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, I feel like lately I've been more negative than I should be in the crush thread, and Ethnog's 'meeting' thread made me think of some of the men I have been blessed to know. I know people are people and it's not that some qualities are only true of one sex, but men and women ARE different and I know there are some things I really admire about the male personality/character. So what are some things you admire in the opposite sex?

I really admire are the fact men seem to remain more calm than women a lot of the time. Something else I've noticed, thinking about my dad in particular, is a kind of calm determination and doggedness to get the job done, day after day. He will do what it takes with a kind of quiet strength even when it's not fun or pleasant and I admire that.

It's not my intention to make a thread full of stereotypes - 'men do this, women do that' etc - but I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can celebrate our differences! :)

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I admire most in men.. respect for women no matter how old they are.. even momma's with kids should feel beautiful even if they are tired and tied to the house and kids.. I think men that build up women and say nice things to them no matter who they are, if they are beautiful or not.. is the most precious thing..

Reactions: Oddish
Upvote 0

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like women. Without them, life would just be a pointless parade of predator and prey with no surcease, no light; certainly nothing worth living and struggling and fighting and dying for. If you don't intuitively grasp that, you need to get your woman a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret. Men are, inevitably, too grim if left alone among their fellows. I'm grateful for having had a few awfully nice-smelling Certain Someones in my life who'd rudely interrupt my plans for world domination and death camps to ask me what I think about her new hat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really admire are the fact men seem to remain more calm than women a lot of the time. Something else I've noticed, thinking about my dad in particular, is a kind of calm determination and doggedness to get the job done, day after day. He will do what it takes with a kind of quiet strength even when it's not fun or pleasant and I admire that.

Yes, I agree with this!

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

So what are some things you admire in the opposite sex?

The maternal instinct a lot of women have. I'm not saying it's impossible for men to care or that a woman can't be heartless, but most of the people who have patient and showed empathy with me when I was really down have been female friends. I also know a lot of times this gets abused, and I try to return the favor or show thanks whenever I can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
So, I feel like lately I've been more negative than I should be in the crush thread, and Ethnog's 'meeting' thread made me think of some of the men I have been blessed to know. I know people are people and it's not that some qualities are only true of one sex, but men and women ARE different and I know there are some things I really admire about the male personality/character. So what are some things you admire in the opposite sex?

It's not my intention to make a thread full of stereotypes - 'men do this, women do that' etc - but I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can celebrate our differences! :)

I agree. There is a calmness about a man. It's a calm strength... like they have this ability to take chaos and slap it in the face, knowing that what can be dealt with can be dealt with calmly and what cannot is probably not worth the time and effort to get upset about. I immediately considered this question and thought, the mere presence of a man. There is also this intangible quality that men possess and I'll admit, I don't really sense it or experience it with just any male though just like the aforementioned quality. Does that make sense? It's irresistible though.

Also, to sound a little on the shallow side, their arms. It doesn't matter if they have skinny arms or not, they're strong. [sup](Rawwrr)[/sup]

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I really want to apologize for that. I honestly did not mean it to come off that many guys are doing that, it really was to show that sometimes, its not okay to be that way (men and women).

Now to get back on topic:

I am very blessed to have so many great men in my life.

What I love about the opposite sex: Their ability to ask for help in time of need when they know I would never think weak of them for doing so.

The maternal instinct a lot of women have. I'm not saying it's impossible for men to care or that a woman can't be heartless, but most of the people who have patient and showed empathy with me when I was really down have been female friends. I also know a lot of times this gets abused, and I try to return the favor or show thanks whenever I can.

I really respect this, and truly respect men who see this and honor it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So what are some things you admire in the opposite sex?

I would agree with all you ladies. I admire a man who has a calm strength about him too, the sense of security you can feel when in their company, their ability to fix things, lift things and open jars that are next to impossible. I also admire a man with laugh lines :) I love how guys can be brutality honest with other guys and like someone posted earlier, get over it like that *snaps fingers* I wish us women had that ability.

Oh and I would also like to add to the 'guys like when girls smile'...we like when guys make us smile :)

Upvote 0

HighCaliburFun

Oct 19, 2009
✟8,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Women seem to have a power, or spell, if you would; over men that can absolutely make us mad in the head. They put off this tantalizing sense of completion, that fills the emptiness most guys experience in there lives.

I always finding myself enjoying a woman's presence. Just having one in the same room as myself brings me a certain peace that none of my male counterparts can do.

Women also have this ability to break a man's heart down, no matter how cold and hard it gets. It seems to be a natural talent of there's, and a lot of times I don't think they even realize it. Perhaps its they're delicate figure, or they're sense of compassion that breaks into us, and nurtures a wounded heart.

Did I mention that they are the most gorgeous thing that God has ever created? Seriously, Bravo God! Bravo! lol. :D

Upvote 0

Brad2009

Feb 10, 2009
USA
✟9,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
FWIW - I assume you're looking for the more ineffable qualities rather than just looks wrt women's admirable qualities.

Its alot like the ladies have pointed out wrt men: every woman doesn't embody qualities I like either. Some women bring a sense of peace and enjoyment to my life. Others do not. In my experience, some of the better coiffed, attractive women (attractive in the worldly sense) can really be quite a drag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0