Beckville
✟15,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've recently taken on the young youth group at my church. I have from age 10 to 15 and it's been so long since I was that age I feel sort of out of touch. What do kids that age like to do for fun now days? When I was that age it was the time before cell phones, laptops, and gaming consoles were just coming out... I am old and was unable to have kids of my own. My step-brother's kids are much younger, so any advice would be much apricated.

Magnanimity

Dec 13, 2020
Atlanta
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've recently taken on the young youth group at my church. I have from age 10 to 15 and it's been so long since I was that age I feel sort of out of touch. What do kids that age like to do for fun now days? When I was that age it was the time before cell phones, laptops, and gaming consoles were just coming out... I am old and was unable to have kids of my own. My step-brother's kids are much younger, so any advice would be much apricated.

Oh wow, good on you for taking up the challenge! My two youngest fall into that age range (6th and 8th grade). Media is high up on their lists. So, this would include gaming and watching youtubers, etc. If we allowed our daughter to do it, she’d be all over social media, no doubt about it. She doesn’t have a smartphone yet, and complains about that quite a bit. Most of her peers do. Our boys don’t seem as inclined to get wrapped up in Instagram, tiktok etc. But females in that age range (if they have smartphones) are all about it. My middle school boy is really into anime shows and books. If we didn’t force them to go outside, I’m not sure they ever would! :sweatsmile: Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Reactions: A-JoyfulSoul
Upvote 0