What do I tell a person who insists that she is Jesus and will only listen to scripture.

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello everyone:

Boy have I got a really far fetched one here, a person in my building was talking like she was Jesus in the flesh, crucified and such, and would not listen to reason. I would normally ignore this and attribute all to her mind, but she is spreading it everywhere. I challenged her to prove in the Bible that she was Jesus, would only listen to me if I quoted scripture and only from her King James version, no other Bible would do. She finally accepted my Bible on my phone because I was able to quote word for word what she was saying.

I would ask you all to pray that Jesus will put the right words in my mouth to convince her , and that Jesus Himself would give her a dream tonight. The scripture that comes to mind is the one where Jesus says if you know the Father , then you would know Me, and I only do what the Father requires of Me.

On another note I will quote myself from Facebook, this was never posted here but on my timeline on Facebook:

Show that you care this Christmas Season. Take the time to LISTEN to someone and that you care for them. Your time and your prayers in this this hurried world is the best Christmas present you can give them. Amen

This applies to more than the Christmas season, it applies to every day life , I even took the time to listen to this woman quote the following scripture: (before I was sure that she thought she was Jesus).

Jesus Delivered to Be Crucified
Joh 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.
Joh 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,
Joh 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands.
Joh 19:4 Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.
Joh 19:5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!
Joh 19:6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.
Joh 19:7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
Joh 19:8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;
Joh 19:9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.
Joh 19:10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
Joh 19:12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.
Joh 19:13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
Joh 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
Joh 19:15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.
The Crucifixion
Joh 19:16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.
Joh 19:17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
Joh 19:18 Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.
Joh 19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Joh 19:20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.
Joh 19:21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
Joh 19:22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.
Joh 19:23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
Joh 19:24 They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.
Joh 19:25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.
Joh 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
Joh 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
The Death of Jesus
Joh 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
Joh 19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Jesus' Side Is Pierced
Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Joh 19:32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
Joh 19:33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
Joh 19:35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
Joh 19:36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
Joh 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
Jesus Is Buried
Joh 19:38 And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
Joh 19:39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
Joh 19:40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
Joh 19:41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
Joh 19:42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

I let her finish and I asked her which verse proved that she was Jesus , and she said verse 6, what do you guys think? is it verses 10 and 11 and verse 30? or am I missing the point? Russ

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually I just thought of this , when I asked her to quote something important , then John 3:16 should have come up. Just more proof that the devil does not want people to know about that verse.

For those of you who want scripture I am loaded with it , I will post some encouraging scripture first on The Supremacy of God's Son, then on love. Here goes:

The Supremacy of God's Son (Note: look at verse 8)

Heb 1:1 IN MANY separate revelations [each of which set forth a portion of the Truth] and in different ways God spoke of old to [our] forefathers in and by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 [But] in the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order].
Heb 1:3 He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high,
Heb 1:4 [Taking a place and rank by which] He Himself became as much superior to angels as the glorious Name (title) which He has inherited is different from and more excellent than theirs.
Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did [God] ever say, You are My Son, today I have begotten You [established You in an official Sonship relation, with kingly dignity]? And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He will be to Me a Son? [2Sa_7:14; Psa_2:7]
Heb 1:6 Moreover, when He brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He says, Let all the angels of God worship Him.
Heb 1:7 Referring to the angels He says, [God] Who makes His angels winds and His ministering servants flames of fire; [Psa_104:4]
Heb 1:8 But as to the Son, He says to Him, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness).
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness [You have delighted in integrity, virtue, and uprightness in purpose, thought, and action] and You have hated lawlessness (injustice and iniquity). Therefore God, [even] Your God (Godhead), has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy and gladness above and beyond Your companions. [Psa_45:6-7]
Heb 1:10 And [further], You, Lord, did lay the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands.
Heb 1:11 They will perish, but You remain and continue permanently; they will all grow old and wear out like a garment.
Heb 1:12 Like a mantle [thrown about one's self] You will roll them up, and they will be changed and replaced by others. But You remain the same, and Your years will never end nor come to failure. [Psa_102:25-27]
Heb 1:13 Besides, to which of the angels has He ever said, Sit at My right hand [associated with Me in My royal dignity] till I make your enemies a stool for your feet? [Psa_110:1]
Heb 1:14 Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?

The Lord Will Be Gracious
Isa 30:18 And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]! [Joh_14:3, Joh_14:27; 2Co_12:9; Heb_12:2; 1Jn_3:16; Rev_3:5]
Isa 30:19 O people who dwell in Zion at Jerusalem, you will weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.
Isa 30:20 And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes will constantly behold your Teacher.
Isa 30:21 And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.
Isa 30:22 Then you will defile your carved images overlaid with silver and your molten images plated with gold; you will cast them away as a filthy bloodstained cloth, and you will say to them, Be gone!
Isa 30:23 Then will He give you rain for the seed with which you sow the soil, and bread grain from the produce of the ground, and it will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will feed in large pastures.
Isa 30:24 The oxen likewise and the young donkeys that till the ground will eat savory and salted fodder, which has been winnowed with shovel and with fork.
Isa 30:25 And upon every high mountain and upon every high hill there will be brooks and streams of water in the day of the great slaughter [the day of the Lord], when the towers fall [and all His enemies are destroyed].
Isa 30:26 Moreover, the light of the moon will be like the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be sevenfold, like the light of seven days [concentrated in one], in the day that the Lord binds up the hurt of His people, and heals their wound [inflicted by Him because of their sins].
Isa 30:27 Behold, the Name of the Lord comes from afar, burning with His anger, and in thick, rising smoke. His lips are full of indignation, and His tongue is like a consuming fire.
Isa 30:28 And His breath is like an overflowing stream that reaches even to the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of destruction; and a bridle that causes them to err will be in the jaws of the people.
Isa 30:29 You shall have a song as in the night when a holy feast is kept, and gladness of heart as when one marches in procession with a flute to go to the temple on the mountain of the Lord, to the Rock of Israel.
Isa 30:30 And the Lord shall cause His glorious voice to be heard and the descending blow of His arm to be seen, coming down with indignant anger and with the flame of a devouring fire, amid crashing blast and cloudburst, tempest, and hailstones.
Isa 30:31 At the voice of the Lord the Assyrians will be stricken with dismay and terror, when He smites them with His rod.
Isa 30:32 And every passing stroke of the staff of punishment and doom which the Lord lays upon them shall be to the sound of [Israel's] timbrels and lyres, when in battle He attacks [Assyria] with swinging and menacing arms.
Isa 30:33 For Topheth [a place of burning and abomination] has already been laid out and long ago prepared; yes, for the [Assyrian] king and [the god] Molech it has been made ready, its pyre made deep and large, with fire and much wood; the breath of the Lord, like a stream of brimstone, kindles it. [Jer_7:31-32; Mat_5:22; Mat_25:41]

That about does it for tonight verses 18 to 20 come to mind , one of these days I will write an explanation of each verse but the Amplified Version already does that.... Russ

PS: A BIG thank you to whoever gifted me lifetime membership, may Jesus graciously bless you in your ministry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That I would never say even though at some point in my past I thought I was Jesus , until some kind soul showed me the light , it has been only in the last year and a half that I totally surrendered myself to Jesus , and He has done wonderful things in my life, (15 years ago I was labelled with the term Schizophrenia , and at a time I lived up to the name , but thank God He delivered and totally cured me enough anyways that I can find things in the Bible to fit almost anything at hand, and can think and talk clearly). Not only do I have total confidence, but I also have total peace of the Lord, not the worlds peace, but Jesus peace and wisdom.

I just love to write so I will write about why loved ones are taken from us , and 6 good reasons too as Jesus told my Pastor.

1) He has more invested in the person that was taken than we do.
2) He needed that person more that we did.
3) That person is in glory with Him.
4) He loved that person way more than we did.
5) It was his or her time.
6) You would not want them the way they were.

The above applies to everyone that has passed , except for #3, for we all know in some cases that we may never know , but Jesus sure does!!!!

And finally I will say a prayer for all of you:

Dear Jesus: I lift up this person that is really hurting, please Jesus I implore with You, if there are persons that do not know You , then please send someone special to witness to them. I now pray for this person or persons that are really hurting at this moment, please comfort them, and send someone physically their way, and somehow bless that hurting person, give them support in mind , body and spirit, fill them up with the Holy Spirit so full if they know You, and somehow Jesus find a way to introduce yourself without introducing Yourself to those who do not know you. Send them a beautiful dream that only You could do. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone:

Boy have I got a really far fetched one here, a person in my building was talking like she was Jesus in the flesh, crucified and such, and would not listen to reason. I would normally ignore this and attribute all to her mind, but she is spreading it everywhere. I challenged her to prove in the Bible that she was Jesus, would only listen to me if I quoted scripture and only from her King James version, no other Bible would do. She finally accepted my Bible on my phone because I was able to quote word for word what she was saying.

I would ask you all to pray that Jesus will put the right words in my mouth to convince her , and that Jesus Himself would give her a dream tonight. The scripture that comes to mind is the one where Jesus says if you know the Father , then you would know Me, and I only do what the Father requires of Me.

On another note I will quote myself from Facebook, this was never posted here but on my timeline on Facebook:

Show that you care this Christmas Season. Take the time to LISTEN to someone and that you care for them. Your time and your prayers in this this hurried world is the best Christmas present you can give them. Amen

This applies to more than the Christmas season, it applies to every day life , I even took the time to listen to this woman quote the following scripture: (before I was sure that she thought she was Jesus).

Joh 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,
Joh 19:4 Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.
Joh 19:5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!
Joh 19:6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.
Joh 19:7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
Joh 19:9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.
Joh 19:10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
Joh 19:12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.
Joh 19:13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
Joh 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
Joh 19:15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.
The Crucifixion
Joh 19:16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.
Joh 19:17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
Joh 19:18 Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.
Joh 19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Joh 19:20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.
Joh 19:21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
Joh 19:23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
Joh 19:24 They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.
Joh 19:25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.
Joh 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
Joh 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
The Death of Jesus
Joh 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
Joh 19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Jesus' Side Is Pierced
Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Joh 19:32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
Joh 19:33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
Joh 19:35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
Joh 19:36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
Joh 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
Jesus Is Buried
Joh 19:38 And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
Joh 19:39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
Joh 19:40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
Joh 19:41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
Joh 19:42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

I let her finish and I asked her which verse proved that she was Jesus , and she said verse 6, what do you guys think? is it verses 10 and 11 and verse 30? or am I missing the point? Russ
Russ clearly she is not Jesus and is probably living out a fantasy from the movie The Shack where a woman plays the role of Jesus.

I would say ask her to show you the wounds but that is not advisable as she may harm herself to prove herself.

Don’t know the woman needs our prayers and I would not encourage her further into the delusion.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone:

The Crucifixion
The Death of Jesus
Jesus' Side Is Pierced
Jesus Is Buried

I think the point is that your neighbor is crazy. You cannot argue a person out of a delusion, no matter how hard you try. The only choice you have is between getting her to a mental health professional or ignoring her completely.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
How about...

Acts 1:10-11 'And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”'

He'll return as a man.

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the point is that your neighbor is crazy. You cannot argue a person out of a delusion, no matter how hard you try. The only choice you have is between getting her to a mental health professional or ignoring her completely.
And be kind.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isn't there a picture of Jesus floating around here somewhere that's the topic of another thread? Just show her that, and say...see!

As alluded to already, that has about as much chance of convincing the deluded as anything.

Oh and be sure and add that the artist claims they were told by God that what Jesus looks like, at least that's the way I understood it.

Fight fire with fire. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Talking like she was Jesus in the flesh

Arguing or debating does not help those with mental health problems.

By all means talk to her, but you are reinforcing her delusions by arguing.
If you can encourage her to see her doctor or therapist and to take what ever medication she is on.

Provide her with the support she needs to regain her mental health.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone:

The Crucifixion
The Death of Jesus
Jesus' Side Is Pierced
Jesus Is Buried

ummm .... we are still here

The Return of the Lord

13Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are better off just leaving her alone and moving on. Unless you are a psychologist. I live in NYC, we've seen people in the subway just randomly yell while throwing their bugers at the window. Some have even sat down at the center of the train to just take a dump while smoking weed.

It's law of the Concrete jungle to just look straight as if nothing is going on, or just leave. That person you know is nothing different from the subway crazies in NYC.. just forget about her and worry about yourself.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

This. Someone with serious mental problems needs medical help; and arguing with them is likely only to worsen their mental state, not help them.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Boy have I got a really far fetched one here, a person in my building was talking like she was Jesus in the flesh, crucified and such, and would not listen to reason.

The only thing to say to such people is "are you taking your medication?"

As @ViaCrucis says, arguing with them is actually counterproductive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums