Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know my family thinks they are deluded by Satan. They are proud and rebellious. They have disowned me. Not because I'm an atheist (as I deny it. I don't want to lose my family) but because they suspect I'm an atheist.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know my family thinks they are deluded by Satan. They are proud and rebellious. They have disowned me. Not because I'm an atheist (as I deny it. I don't want to lose my family) but because they suspect I'm an atheist.
Sad.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian who has tons of knowledge both philosophically, logically, biblical and with personal experience, ect. I can understand why certain people have become claimers of "atheism". However there are two groups of atheist based on my personal experience, by the way God does not believe in atheist ;) That is a joke for anyone who doesn't get it

There is the atheist who simply hates God and "claims" the label out of hatred for God, they hate the things that have happened in their life and blame God for lets say the suicide of their loved one, they blame God for their children who got hit by a car, they simply hate God and want nothing to do with God and claim "atheist" out of hatred. There are a lot of people who "claim the title" for this reason. There are people who are former atheist who have stated themselves the reason they took the title is to hate God, so as a Christian I understand there are atheist who simply hate God because of what has gone on in their life, they blame God in ignorance or non ignorance for things that happen in their life and thus want nothing to do with God. There are many youtubers who openly stated when they were atheist they made it their main goal to mock Christians and Mock God and show their hatred for God for the things that happened in their life.

So that is one group of people. For those people there is nothing a Christian can do for them other than give explain their best why the things have happened in their life, why the world is how it is and why God created it this way and why there is a judgement day, ect. If they still choose to hate God that is their own personal choice.

There is no such thing as a true atheist meaning, someone who 100% thinks there is no God, yes, many people claim the title as to say no God exist but 100% of all people who claim that actually do believe in God existing. I could give many arguments to prove this but if we just for the sake of the argument assumed the bible to be true, it even states that non-believers suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because of their sin. There are youtubers I have watched that stated this themselves which were former atheist who even stated other atheist who claim to be atheist would talk about their hatred for God and the atheist would call them out and say "Wait, I thought you were not suppose to think God exist?" The point is, there is no human who does not believe in God exist when they come to their knowledge, they suppress it.

Also when I say they know there is a God, that does not mean they know the details or which God is true or false, they simply know by seeing the creation, and by using logic and common sense that a creator being exist, without having to know in detail what this God is like or who this God is.

The second group are the ones I can understand why they are how they are.

The second group or people who "claim" the title and are so because of the following.

#1 - Hypocrites who "claim" to be Christians. This is probably one of the most logical reasons some atheist are atheist and become so. It is because of "deception" by false hypocrite Christians. There are times where atheist before they were so or when they wanted to learn about God, tried their best to learn and was deceived by hypocrites who broke their faith/trust.

For example: Atheist may walk into a church and see "these people claim to believe in Jesus" yet, the atheist may observe these so called followers, living like a hypocrite, getting drunk, having sex outside of marriage, cursing, lying, ect.

This is why some people reject God and have doubts and then lose faith and trust in the one true God, because of hypocrites. This is why I have a holy righteous anger towards hypocrites because I know there are people who will become lost and reject Christ because of these hypocrites.

I am on the atheist side in terms of "Seeing the hypocrites" the only problem is most of these atheist see the hypocrisy in claimers of Christ and they reject God saying to themselves "see, what a bunch of hypocrites, Christ cannot be real, his own followers do not even obey him"

I understand why the atheist thinks this way, I myself am angry hypocrites. What needs to be addressed to the atheist is showing them in the bible where Jesus talked about these hypocrites, and just because hypocrites exist doesn't mean you should reject Jesus, Jesus himself was angry at hypocrites and warns about hypocrites who will "claim" to be his followers but will be cast into hell on the end.

Most but not all, atheist, have never been shown this, they just see the hypocrites in churches and reject God.

#2 - Not taking the time to understand the bible without being fed lies about it. Most atheist have been taught lies and false teachers have taught them lies about themselves they know are not true, and thus they believe they bible must be false as well because how could the bible say something they know is untrue about themselves.

The problem is, Jesus warned of these false teachers, a huge mistake for an atheist is to come to the bible with the thinking of "If a priest says it it must be true" and he must know more than me so I will believe him over my own thinking. The problem is that we trust too easy, we trust as kids that people who read from the bible are teaching us the right things about it. Another reason why atheist become atheist is because they are taught illogical things by preachers and thus they reject the bible based on this.

Not knowing that if they only met a Christian who could explain it better they would see the verses they are reading are probably not illogical and that they were naive to believe in someone who was wrong about what the bible was saying or teaching.

For example many atheist are told they are born sinners and have to keep sinning. This is one reason they reject Christ because they have been taught this lie about themselves and they tell themselves "wait, so you mean when I was a baby I was a sinner?"

Atheist who have kids will think logically and say "wait a minute, when my child was born he could not even sin, my baby was innocent yet you are saying my baby is born a sinner?"

These false teachings are just one of many reasons why atheist become atheist and reject the bible. However, if they would have read the bible themselves they would see that there are no verses which state their babies are born sinners, they would see that God does not create anyone a sinner otherwise that would make God unjust for sending someone to hell for sin he created in them.

I know I am about to get massively attacked for saying we are not born sinners but it is true, this is one reason why people turn atheist because they know it is not logically true, and when someone lies and misquotes the bible to say something it never said it turns people away because they believe in that lie and are never corrected.

#3 - Not having lies corrected that they have been taught about the bible and God
We are humans, we can lie, we can make mistakes, some people and churches mean well but at times they can make illogical claims and lie to people who were not atheist before they became one. These lies they believe cause them to reject Christ as illogical, unjust and stupid. If only these atheist would have been taught the truth instead of lies maybe they would be Christians today and not reject Christ.

#4 - Morality - I am a Christian and I will admit most Christians although they mean well, the average one is not very good at defending the bible in a logical way for atheist to come to believe in Christ. I am ashamed at times how little knowledge other Christians have when it comes to giving a defense to atheist. Atheist need logical arguments on things like morality and sin and why things are right and wrong other than just what the bible says. I found that most Christians are unable to defend their belief outside of showing a bible verse. This is a problem that needs addressed, many atheist will reject Christ because they have seen most people are believing "blindly" and are seeming to be illogical.

However, there are Christians out there who can defend the faith very well and will destroy atheist arguments and you will see the difference. It is night and day. If only some of those atheist herd these arguments they would see belief in God is not illogical, it is very logical and the only way to use logic and assume it in the first place.

#5 - Not preaching the entire gospel, both hell and grace. Now and days, people only tell atheist what they like to hear, because they do not want to upset anyone or hurt their feelings, so people give atheist a one sided message and atheist never fully understand the justice of God, the wrath of God, the goodness of God, and the entity of God. When people only talk about the goodness of God it makes God seem illogical when other subjects like evil and sin come into the picture, us as Christians need to teach atheist all about God and what he is like, not just one side of God.

#6 - Understanding that God is just, most atheist do not understand how or why God could be just to send people to hell for something he knew ahead of time, ect. Christians on the average do a very bad job of explaining this to them. If they understood why God was just they would be more likely to accept Christ and less likely to reject him.

#7 - Understanding why God needs no creator - When most atheist ask why or how God needs no creator they get dumb answers like "well because he has no creator". This is not good enough for a non believer, this is why they reject God, they cannot logically see how it is possible for God to not have needed to be created. What these atheist need to learn is that God is the creator of Time, Space and Matter. That means time was a creation of God. God is outside of time and is the creator of time, God is not the one stuck in time. Only things that begin in time need a beginning, because God is the very creator of time he was never stuck in it. God is outside of it and therefor is timeless, does not need to begin or end. Matter and space was created by God, God is spaceless and immaterial.

An example I like to use is, the person who created the laptop is not stuck inside of the laptop, he created the laptop, he is outside of it. Like wise God is outside of time, space and matter because he is the creator of it.

#8 - Answering things like evolution and showing the facts and lies of it. There are facts of micro evolution, and there are lies of macro evolution. Christians in general never show these atheist how things they claim to be logical make no sense. They never show them how certain things are "non observable, not reproducible and not testable" Atheist need answers on evolution because in the bible there was no death before sin therefor macro evolution could not have taken place, they are being taught they are related to fish and ect, and they need ANSWERS which some Christians do not give them. Christians need to point out clearly to show the belief that life can come from non life, the belief that the unaware can become aware and something coming from nothing is illogical without a creator being "God"

I always point out the obvious, macro evolution is unobservable, not reproducible, not testable, it is based on assumptions. Micro evolution and variations are observable and facts. I show them how the bible agrees with that and how macro evolution is not factual but assumed.

To prove the point all you have to ask for is "observable, testable or reproducible" evidence of macro evolution. You will never get one, instead you will get an example of micro evolution which the bible agrees with "animals can produce a variety off offspring" however that does not support unlimited changes and that is a big leap and assumption to assume.

They will reply with "because it takes millions of years" which again will prove you correct that they "assume" without the proof. This is one example of how you can show an atheist what they believe is simply a BELIEF in itself that cannot be proven, yet they have FAITH in their assumption even though they have never observed, tested or reproduced it. Nobody has ever seen macro evolution take place because once again you need to "assume a long time period". Yet these same atheist complain over God not being observably how they want it, that is hypocrisy.

God is NOT a scientific question

#9 - Dinosaurs - Atheist like Bill Murr are completely ignorant on this topic, I see them mock the bible all of the time about why it does not talk about dinosaurs, BUT IT DOES!!! This is a prime example of someone who was never shown or told why dinosaurs are talked about but the word dinosaur was not mentioned.

The word dinosaur was not even a word back then, the word dinosaur was made in the 1800's a fact most atheist are unaware of and never told. They could not have used the word if they wanted too. Also there are dinosaurs like the BEHEMOTH story in the bible which has a tail like a Cedar tree and is describing what seems to be like a Bronto.

Using logic we can see that if the flood story is true we can see why there would be extinct dinosaurs, it is VERY LOGICAL and adds up if the bible is true. It is also VERY LOGICAL and adds up why cultures talk about a flood legend and why they have drawings of dinosaurs on stones and talk about legends of dragons which are basically identical to dinosaurs in most cases but not all.

These things add up and make sense if the bible is true, they make no sense if God does not exist why cultures are creating all of these legends and drawings of what looks like stego's.

#10 - Just a very confusing illogical story they see and do not understand

It is all of these things mixed together that makes atheist doubt God and reject God, they start to see it as illogical and not true, they always believe in God but they start rejecting God and doubting and suppressing it based on all of these illogical claims they hear and see, all of the lies they have been taught and told by other false teachers who mislead them.

#Lastly SIN

The biggest reason atheist do not want to obey God is simply because they love sin and do not want to give it up. It has nothing to do with if God exist, it has everything to do with if God exist they would have to give up their sins they love so much.

Do you think any atheist wants to give up, having sex outside of marriage, watching inappropriate contentography, getting drunk, getting high, cursing how they want to curse, doing what they want to do? Of course not, no atheist thinks it is enjoyable to GIVE UP sins they LOVE doing.

That is why they suppress the truth of God. They know what is wrong but love it to much to give it up.

How Do I know this and how can you test this out on most atheist to see their hearts?

It is very simple - Next time you talk to an atheist ask them one important question

Question to the atheist - If Christianity were true, would you obey God and do as he says?

This is the most important question to ask an atheist before even debating or talking to one. I found that a lot of atheist will answer with "No, I still would not obey God even if it were true"

It shows and proves the bibles point, that people reject God because of their sin, not because of a logical problem they have or because they think the bible is illogical, its because of sin.

It shows the intent of the atheist's heart if they reject God because of sin or because of a logical problem.

There are some atheist who say yes, which in those cases, those are the ones who you can save, who can be saved, and who may be actually seeking God to know the truth.

The atheist who tell you they still would not obey prove they have no desire to seek God and obey God even if you proved it true.

That being said, God does not believe in atheism ;)

Neither do I, everyone is agnostic at worst logically, but according to God and the bible they already know God exist, they might not know the details but they know. That is why atheist school shooters commit suicide after shooting up schools, because they know it was wrong and want to avoid punishment for it.

Atheist ASSUME God but claim God does not exist, it is hypocrisy.

Atheist all ASSUME god just to function and believe in anything.

Atheist ASSUME their 5 senses are truth worthy to even use them in the first place, just like I ASSUME them to be the same way.

The only problem is, belief in GOD is the PROPER ASSUMPTIONS to trust in 5 senses.

Belief in random evolution with no intelligence behind it is not a proper foundation for BELIEF in your 5 senses are trust worthy and telling you the truth about reality. They have no right to trust anything their 5 senses are telling them if there was no intelligence behind it, they ASSUME it without a logical proper foundation that lets you assume trust worthy 5 senses.

Message to you atheist

You were made in the image of God, you have probably been told lies about the bible, you have probably been told illogical things about God, and you have probably seen hypocrites. But do not let those things make you reject the Jesus who was never a hypocrite, who was never illogical and never did the things you see hypocrites and liars tell you and do daily.

If you are truly seeking God, God will reveal more knowledge to you, you do not need someone else to read the bible to you, you are a logical human being made in the image of God and can understand it yourself.

Just do not come to it with a idea of trying to disprove it and reject it, you must come to the bible humble and to God humble, you must actually be sorry for your wrong doings and seek God and TRY. Most of you atheist are not even trying to seek God yet you blame him for why you don't believe even though you know you know God exist.

John 9:31
31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

God will NOT even hear you atheist who come to the bible with a evil heart wanting to reject God and wanting to not try at all or be ready to be wrong or humble yourself.

God reveals himself to those who seek him, to those who come with a humble heart and want the truth.

Just because you cannot understand something is not a reason to reject it, dig deeper, ask different people, go online and look for answers. The bible is not a book to tell us all things.

The bible is a book telling us how to live, why were were created, why were are here, how we should treat each other, what God wants from us, what God expects from us and what is to come.

There is no reason to be an atheist other than wanting to hold on to your sin and keep it and justify it.

There is no logical reason to stay an atheist.

I know there are some of you atheist who will see the truth and you will remember the days when you thought God was illogical and you will look back and see God has been with you the entire time and lead you to the truth.

But there will be some of you who are wanting to reject, wanting to deny and wanting to hold on to your sin and too prideful to give God the glory he deserves for creating this universe.

The kingdom is going to be the BEST thing ever!!!

There is no reason to be an atheist and get what you and we all deserve for our sins. You didn't make the universe, you don't own it, and God owns it.

If you want to be with God and have all the wonderful things in his kingdom and see how it was meant to be from the beginning then you would be wise to look into true Christianity further and open the bible up for yourself and read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John for yourself.

If you want to live your life separate from God then on judgement day you will get your wish and live separate from God, just remember that God made everything, and if you want to be separate from God he will separate EVERYTHING GOOD he has made from you.

He owns it, not you.

There is only two reasons why an atheist is on this forum.

Either God is working to lead you to him and you are seeking God

or

You are coming hear with the purpose to stay atheist and to hold onto your sin and never give it up, to come here to try to make Christians look bad.

The one which you are will prove to yourself why you haven't found God or will.

No, do go on. Tell me more about what I think and what my reasoning is. That never gets old. ^_^

Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, do go on. Tell me more about what I think and what my reasoning is. That never gets old. ^_^
You are Agnostic, so I didn't talk about you at all nor did I mention you or put you in a group or stereo type you into one. The question/thread was made for "atheist" your profile clearly says, Agnostic. You are the one that just assumed, that's what never gets old. I would love for you to please quote me where I ever mentioned a group of agnostics and stereotyped you as what I said you believe.

So please do, you made the assertion based on assumptions, now prove your claim and go back and show me where I ever mentioned agnostics in a group of those statements I listed.

I was talking about atheist and you are not a atheist, unless your profile is lying which then makes you a liar and not really agnostic.

Maybe you should not jump to conclusions and read in context before trying to find something funny when its really you yourself who made yourself look funny.

Thats what never gets old. The post wasn't pertaining to agnostics nor did I mention agnostics as to who my point was going to, it was towards "atheist" specifically and you are not an atheist so for you to even think its funny as if you proved something is funny it in itself.

You made the assertion, now back it up, please quote me where I ever made a claim about an agnostic directly and told you what you believe when I was never talking about agnostics in the first place and clearly stated the word athiest each time.

No, what never gets old is people like you who assume without proof.

Try again sinner. The thread is called "what do Christians think of atheist" and I gave my stance on it since I am a Christian and you are agnostic and I was not talking to you nor mentioned you specifically or put you in a group.

So you can go laugh about your unprovable assumption/assertion about me sinner. Repent of your lying. What never gets old is people like you who don't even read the context of who the message is to and assumes its talking about you when its not.

Nice assumption there sinner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think so. And when they do talk to me it is only to preach or tell me to read x Christian book. But I haven't talked to anyone in like five years. The worst part is I basically raised two of my nephews as well as grow up with them. I have 17 brothers and sisters, so I became an aunt at like six. So they are my son's and brothers and I can't see them. Their mom, my sister is a missionary like my parents and they don't look kindly on my suspected lack of belief.

If I saw them in person my parents would physically beat me up and there would a huge screaming match.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You are Agnostic, so I didn't talk about you at all nor did I mention you or put you in a group or stereo type you into one. The question/thread was made for "atheist" your profile clearly says, Agnostic. You are the one that just assumed, that's what never gets old. I would love for you to please quote me where I ever mentioned a group of agnostics and stereotyped you as what I said you believe.

So please do, you made the assertion based on assumptions, now prove your claim and go back and show me where I ever mentioned agnostics in a group of those statements I listed.

I was talking about atheist and you are not a atheist, unless your profile is lying which then makes you a liar and not really agnostic.

Maybe you should not jump to conclusions and read in context before trying to find something funny when its really you yourself who made yourself look funny.

Thats what never gets old. The post wasn't pertaining to agnostics nor did I mention agnostics as to who my point was going to, it was towards "atheist" specifically and you are not an atheist so for you to even think its funny as if you proved something is funny it in itself.

You made the assertion, now back it up, please quote me where I ever made a claim about an agnostic directly and told you what you believe when I was never talking about agnostics in the first place and clearly stated the word athiest each time.

No, what never gets old is people like you who assume without proof.

Try again sinner. The thread is called "what do Christians think of atheist" and I gave my stance on it since I am a Christian and you are agnostic and I was not talking to you nor mentioned you specifically or put you in a group.

So you can go laugh about your unprovable assumption/assertion about me sinner. Repent of your lying. What never gets old is people like you who don't even read the context of who the message is to and assumes its talking about you when its not.

Nice assumption there sinner.

You might wish to revisit the rules that you agreed to abide by in order to post here. Welcome to CF. :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think so. And when they do talk to me it is only to preach or tell me to read x Christian book. But I haven't talked to anyone in like five years. The worst part is I basically raised two of my nephews as well as grow up with them. I have 17 brothers and sisters, so I became an aunt at like six. So they are my son's and brothers and I can't see them. Their mom, my sister is a missionary like my parents and they don't look kindly on my suspected lack of belief.

If I saw them in person my parents would physically beat me up and there would a huge screaming match.
Sorry for butting in butt are you claiming or are your parents claiming to be a Christian????

Because what I just read is called "hypocrisy" and just because someone calls themselves something does not mean they are what they claim. I can claim I am the best football player, does that make it true because I said so? And like wise does it make it true someone is a Christian just because they say so? No it doesn't.

I do not know anything about you, but whoever you are talking about is clearly a hypocrite, not a Christian, so it is disrespectful to true Christians to call a hypocrite a Christian.

If your parents are beating you up or have or would (did I read that correctly?) they are by definition not a follower of Jesus.

How can you be a follower of Jesus and not obey him? Read my signature it is my favorite verses, it is for hypocrites who do not obey Jesus they are called "lairs" with no truth in them.

Jesus was against hypocrites like your parents if what you are saying is true.

You don't have to be a Christian to know what a hypocrite is.

A hypocrite is someone who does the opposite of what they say they believe.

So there is no such thing as a follower of Christ who beats people up, who murders, who steals and ect.

See, you actually proved my statement, I said one of the reasons people reject God is because of hypocrites like you have just proven your parents to be if you are telling the truth and they would actually do that.

My question for you is this : Why do you think a hypocrite is a true Christian? Why would you think someone who would beat you up is a real Christian? When Jesus clearly teaches against that and the greatest commandments from Jesus is too love God with all your heart, soul, mind, strength and to love your neighbor as yourself, ect.

Its not loving to beat up your daughter, ect.

That is the exact opposite of obeying Jesus.

You need to start realizing that not everyone who has a bible or reads it makes them a Christian.

Christians are people who OBEY Jesus not live a life of hypocrisy.

What would you call a atheist who says they believe in God? You would tell them they are a hypocrite because you cannot be an atheist and believe in God, that is a contradiction.

Like wise, someone cannot be a Christian by definition and be doing the exact opposite of what Jesus taught. That is by definition NOT following Jesus.

I'm sorry if that is true, but you have to realize the difference between hypocrites and actual Christians, Jesus warns you about these hypocrites, the very bible they tell you to read if thats what they are saying literally tells you not to believe in them.

So the ironic thing is, if they told you to read the bible, the ironic thing would be that is if you actually read it for yourself you would see Jesus would be angry with your parents and calls them hypocrites.

Just read the verse in my signature

He who does not keep his commandments is a "lair" and the truth is NOT in him.

That verses in the bible is calling your parents lairs with no truth if they are not keeping the commandments.

Beating you up is not keeping the commandments, they are not Christians.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I can call you a sinner all I want, are you claiming to not be a sinner? Sinner is a factual statement not a harassing term. If the shoe fits wear it. Just because you made FALSE accusations and cannot back it up doesn't mean you have to try to switch the topic.

Are you a sinner? Yes or no, if the shoe fits wear it. Is sinner a bad word? No its not sinner, sinner means someone who is breaking Gods law, have you broken Gods law in the bible? If so you are a sinner and if the shoe fits wear it.

Its called factual evidence, factual reality and logic.

Its not a curse word, sinner is a word that describes people who sin.

For someone who is agnostic you seem to be very bothered by the word sinner, maybe its because you already know God exist and know you are a sinner.

Other wise you wouldn't be complaining.

I assume that is what you are complaining over? If not please correct me because I see no evidence to support your last post so you must be complaining over something else to deflect attention to your slander and false assertion with no evidence.

If the shoe fits wear it

Don't deflect from the assertion you made, WHERE IS YOUR POOF, please quote me

Guess what, this is a forum that talks about the bible, in the bible it says the word sinner, I called you a sinner and thats what the bible says, last time I checked this forum doesn't get mad when Jesus calls you a sinner, so it cannot logically be wrong to call you a sinner if you are one, if the shoe fits wear it.

I use logic, you use feelings and emotions.

I'll be waiting for your evidence that I was talking to you, stop trying to deflect the fact you LIED.

Lying is a sin, you are a sinner, if the shoe fits wear it.

I fear God not you or a forum, Jesus calls people sinners, the bible uses the word sinner, sinner is not a curse word, and this forum is for Christians to talk about the bible which calls people sinners.

I'm not going to stop calling someone a sinner if they are one, if the shoe fits wear it. If you have a problem with it then stop begin a sinner. If a cop wants to stop being called a cop don't be a cop, if you don't like being called sinner stop sinning and go to a new forum that doesn't talk about the bible which calls people sinners.

Correct me if I am wrong, you must be talking about the use of the word sinner because there is nothing else I am breaking and the word sinner is not a curse word.

Still waiting on your evidence to support your claim, I have all day

I would love for you to make a logical claim to say sinner is a bad word, or is harassing

Nice deflection of the topic

Have a nice day Thee David III.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can answer your ridiculously long post very simply...

There is the atheist who simply hates God and "claims" the label out of hatred for God,

Then he isn't an atheist, so you are using an incorrect descriptor. Atheists have no belief in gods, so how could one hate something that he doesn't believe exists?
Strawman.

There is no such thing as a true atheist meaning, someone who 100% thinks there is no God,

Atheists do not state this. They simple have no belief there is a god/s.

Done...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry for butting in butt are you claiming or are your parents claiming to be a Christian????

Because what I just read is called "hypocrisy" and just because someone calls themselves something does not mean they are what they claim. I can claim I am the best football player, does that make it true because I said so? And like wise does it make it true someone is a Christian just because they say so? No it doesn't.

I do not know anything about you, but whoever you are talking about is clearly a hypocrite, not a Christian, so it is disrespectful to true Christians to call a hypocrite a Christian.

If your parents are beating you up or have or would (did I read that correctly?) they are by definition not a follower of Jesus.

How can you be a follower of Jesus and not obey him? Read my signature it is my favorite verses, it is for hypocrites who do not obey Jesus they are called "lairs" with no truth in them.

Jesus was against hypocrites like your parents if what you are saying is true.

You don't have to be a Christian to know what a hypocrite is.

A hypocrite is someone who does the opposite of what they say they believe.

So there is no such thing as a follower of Christ who beats people up, who murders, who steals and ect.

See, you actually proved my statement, I said one of the reasons people reject God is because of hypocrites like you have just proven your parents to be if you are telling the truth and they would actually do that.

My question for you is this : Why do you think a hypocrite is a true Christian? Why would you think someone who would beat you up is a real Christian? When Jesus clearly teaches against that and the greatest commandments from Jesus is too love God with all your heart, soul, mind, strength and to love your neighbor as yourself, ect.

Its not loving to beat up your daughter, ect.

That is the exact opposite of obeying Jesus.

You need to start realizing that not everyone who has a bible or reads it makes them a Christian.

Christians are people who OBEY Jesus not live a life of hypocrisy.

What would you call a atheist who says they believe in God? You would tell them they are a hypocrite because you cannot be an atheist and believe in God, that is a contradiction.

Like wise, someone cannot be a Christian by definition and be doing the exact opposite of what Jesus taught. That is by definition NOT following Jesus.

I'm sorry if that is true, but you have to realize the difference between hypocrites and actual Christians, Jesus warns you about these hypocrites, the very bible they tell you to read if thats what they are saying literally tells you not to believe in them.

So the ironic thing is, if they told you to read the bible, the ironic thing would be that is if you actually read it for yourself you would see Jesus would be angry with your parents and calls them hypocrites.

Just read the verse in my signature

He who does not keep his commandments is a "lair" and the truth is NOT in him.

That verses in the bible is calling your parents lairs with no truth if they are not keeping the commandments.

Beating you up is not keeping the commandments, they are not Christians.
The supposedly didnt want to hit us. But the pastor said "spare the rod spoil of child" and that disrespecting parents used to get you stoned to death, we "just" got hit.

They believe Jesus Christ is their lord and savior with all their hearts. They've were missionaries for 50 plus years. They've converted many people. How are they not christian?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I can sympathise with you. I have a brother who has become a fundamentalist Christian for the last 40 years of his 60 year old life. He shuns the rest of the family as he feels we are all "unrepentant sinners", even though most of us don't identify as atheists as I do. Has only attended one family event in that time, at the funeral of our father 10 years ago, and only stayed long enough to preach loudly over the top of the service and then left.

We feel that we have lost a brother, a person who gave all of us so much joy as a kid. I figure he's got 20 or 30 years left....maybe there's still time...

Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The supposedly didnt want to hit us. But the pastor said "spare the rod spoil of child" and that disrespecting parents used to get you stoned to death, they "just" got.

They believe Jesus Christ is their lord and savior with all their hearts. They've were missionaries for 50 plus years. They've converted many people. How are they not christian?
So this is the ironic part, your profile state you are atheist, yet if you would have read the bible your parents would have given you, assuming thats what they were trying to make you read? It would have answered the question you just gave me.

Basically you are telling me "How could my parents not be Christians, they done all of these things in the name of God or Jesus" is this correct, basically what you are saying? You are basically saying how are they not Christians but have done things in the name of Jesus, ect by going out and being a missionary, ect? correct? Well if I misunderstood you you can correct me, but what I seem to be getting is that you think a Christian is just someone who does good things and therefor they must be a Christian

Thats not how it works.

I will give you a few bible verses and you tell me what you read, it answers your question. Which is why I was saying, it is ironic because if you would have actually read that bible your parents wanted you to read it would have showed you that your parents were not living according to the bible.

Please just read some of these, I know it may be boring to an atheist, but you need to understand that simply doing good things doesn't automatically make someone a Christian and simply claiming you are one doesn't make you one.

Matthew 7:21-23 (This is Jesus himself talking)
I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

If you just read that, then you will see Jesus just stated that not everyone who claims to believe in God/does good things are going to make it to the kingdom.

If you keep reading on it talks about all the good things those people will tell God they did in his name, just like your parents, how you said they were missionaries, people will tell Jesus "Lord Lord did we not do such and such in your name???"

But if you notice what does Jesus say about those people? He says "depart from me I never knew you those who practice lawlessness (sin)"

So it may be true your parents have done good things, everyone does good things, but good things will not save you, good things do not make you a Christian. Good fruits show you are a true Christian but you just revealed that your parents would beat you (unless you were exaggerating)

That is lawlessness (sin), beating your daughter is bad fruit, it is not a sign of a true Christian saved by God and going to his kingdom.

Have you ever heard of the good fruit bad fruit parable before? If not read it then I will explain it in simple terms. Its talking about hypocrites and false Christians VS real true followers of Jesus.

Matthew 7:15-20 (again Jesus talking)
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Now, Jesus is warning YOU, you even as an atheist Jesus said this for all of us which includes you. Jesus warned all of us about people who will come in sheeps clothing pretending to be sheep (followers of him) but inside (in their hearts) are wolves (hypocrites, evil, ect) He even states that those who do not bear good fruit will be thrown into the fire (hell).

Someone can pretend to be a Christian, someone can trick you and others to believe they are a sheep or a follower and can really be a wolf.

Now if you read on, Jesus talks about trees and fruits. Jesus is telling you and me that we will be able to tell his followers from the hypocrites and lairs who claim to follow him. The way we know who are the true Christians and who are not are by the fruits they bear.

The fruit is talking about their actions, do they do good things or bad? Are they loving you as their daughter or are they hating you and wanting to beat you up?

Imagine this, maybe this will help.

Imagine if you met me as a random stranger, and you wanted to buy some apples :)

And I pointed you to a tree and said "Hey, buy from this tree, the apples are good"

But you look on the tree and all the apples are rotten

What would you say to me? Of course, you would tell me "that tree bears bad fruit, that is not a good tree and I am not going to buy from that tree, it is rotten and produces bad fruit"

However, what if I pointed you to a tree and you look at it and the apples are perfectly fine, they are not rotten? You would buy the apples and see its a good apple tree.

So what this is saying is

A good tree does not bear bad fruit, or in other words, a good person is not going to want to beat you up, is not going to want to be mean to you, is not going to produce hateful acts or treat you poorly.

A bad tree does not bear good fruit, meaning, a bad person is not going to produce good acts, they are going to produce hatefulness, they are going to beat you, rob you, steal, curse, lie, ect.

A true Christian is someone who has repented (turn from their sins and bad ways), they are actually sorry for what they have done and how they have treated people, and they Obey Jesus Christ and put their faith in him.

A hypocrite or false Christian is someone who on the outside looks the part but inwardly are wolves.

A false Christian can do good things, that doesn't make them good.

Helping an old lady across the street doesn't make you a good person when in secret you are murdering people.

Like wise, doing good things and being a missionary does not make you a good person if you beat up your daughter and do not obey Jesus every day.

If your pastor tried to actually say that he is a wicked pastor.

All I am saying is, you shouldn't let hypocrites and people who have treated you poorly give Jesus a bad name, you are not called to follow a religion of hypocrites, Jesus was against hypocrites.

You have to separate Jesus from what you have been taught and look at what he said for yourself and see if people are following him or not.

If you have a bible I would encourage you to read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the new testament.

Those are only 4 books, I think you can handle it, you don't have to but I would encourage you to see what Jesus really taught and this way you will know what he really taught and see it for yourself instead of what you been told by pastors, ect.

Its only 4 books, and those are the 4 books which talk about Jesus's life and for the most part it is not that hard to understand.

If you read it you will see that Jesus is NOT LIKE the people you see today walking down the street who go to a church building on Sunday and claim to be a Christian but then go and abuse their wife and children when they get home.

I am sorry if you got treated mean, but you have to understand its not the bible or Jesus's fault, people can use good things for bad things. Jesus never taught any of that and I know if you are atheist you probably have read things about pork, clothing laws, ect, but the people who tell you those things are not letting you read them in context. Some laws are given to Jewish people only, thats why you do not have to not eat pork, and can where whatever you want (within reason)

When you eat pork you do not feel bad about it, because its not a sin.

When you beat your children you will feel bad about it because it is a sin.

What I want you to do is read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Do it on your own time, read what Jesus taught and what the people said about Jesus and how he lived and see for yourself if he was a hypocrite and taught the things you see people saying.

Take your time and read it, and belief in Jesus is not what saves you.

You know, Satan believes in Jesus, Satan isn't saved just because he believes God exist.

Belief in God is not enough to be saved, if that was true then Satan would be saved because he believes God/Jesus exist.

I don't want you to take my word for it, like I said, people can lie to you, I want you to read the 4 gospel books about Jesus and read it for yourself.

Even if you are atheist that is what I would encourage you to do.

I think you will see that Jesus was never a hypocrite, you will see that Jesus was angry with hypocrites, you will see that Jesus called people out for their hypocrisy.

People got stoned to death for committing adultery too, but like I said that was the law given to the jewish people, and what really sucks is, people like to not give you that context.

Thats alot to get into right now, but before you even consider going to that stuff, what you need to do first is understand what did the 4 gospels teach about Jesus.

They really are not that long, I am not asking you to read the entire bible, just read those four, at the very least try to read the book of John or something.

You are intelligent, you don't need a helper to teach you how to read, its meant for you to read on your own too, if you have questions thats okay but you need to learn about it for yourself and not just what a pastor or parent has told you.

There are things my parents taught me that when I opened up the bible for myself shocked me to find the exact opposite.

Your parents cannot convert anyone, only God can convert someone.

Your parents can tell people about God but ultimately it is up to the individual and God if that individual wants to be saved or not.

I do not know your parents, I only know what you told me so far and it seems like you are implying or said they would literally have beat you up. Well if thats the case they are certainly not a follower right now. It is possible to have been a follower and no longer one, Jesus himself had followers that stopped following him and walked away

I would like to know more about your story though, it is interesting and I am curious about certain things you been told because its possible you may have been taught lies that I could show you in the bible are not true, lies I used to believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can answer your ridiculously long post very simply...

Then he isn't an atheist, so you are using an incorrect descriptor. Atheists have no belief in gods, so how could one hate something that he doesn't believe exists?
Strawman.

Atheists do not state this. They simple have no belief there is a god/s.

Done...
If you go back to the actual definition of atheist it is to negate that God exist. Atheist themselves are on video stating this and it can be proven in language going back to the root words that that is what it actually means, now someone may mean it as "lack of belief" but if that is true you might as well be agnostic and saying "I don't know" If lack of belief was simply lacking the belief well agnostics also lack a belief because they do not know so they are lacking a belief as well.

My chair is lacking a belief in God, that doesn't make it atheist

Atheist is a statement that negates the existence of God, now more modernly people might refer to it as that but that is not where the word comes from.

Also not everyone who is atheist simply lacks belief, I know many atheist personally who say "God does not exist" and literally hold that title as an atheist because thats what the root of the words mean to them.

I guess my cat is an atheist too since he lacks belief in God.

Atheist is the statement that "God does not exist" it negates the existence of God.

I am not saying that is what everyone means by it, but that is the actual meaning of the word and what it is suppose to actually mean.

Well you have a problem with atheist simply meaning lack of belief if that is the case because now we have different people who call themselves "atheist" with two different definitions, the only way to see who is actually right is to go back to the original word and see where it comes from.

it is to negate God according to Greek and also according to some definitions atheist use that are more modern

Thats fine if some atheist want to say they simply lack belief, but then that means my cat and chair is also an atheist I guess since they lack the belief too. I don't think you would call my cat an atheist would you? Lol or my chair?

Atheist to me means the statement "God does not exist" because to me that is where the word seems to actually come from.

Now I fully understand that some atheist do not mean it that way but thats only because the more modern way to say it is to mean it that way as in just a lack of belief, but not all people who call themselves atheist are simply just people who lack a belief, I can give you a list of youtubers who clearly state God does not exist and other atheist who considered that to be what atheism means.

The only way to know what it really means is to go back and see where the word atheist came from, not taking two atheist and having them argue which one of them has the right definition.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Chriliman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.