May 20, 2005
NC
Visit site
✟1,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All three have different start letters (and no Ds or Ms, so Mom and Dad are different too)

All three have two syllable first names and three syllable middle names, it was an accedent that my first two were that way, and we wanted to foloow for my third.

my first childs name means 'gentle great one' (aglo name)
my second (girl) means 'beautiful flower' (indian)
my third means 'wolf for God' (german)

I really just searched for names I liked, meant something cool, (and had the sylables right, for my third). Oh plus I looked at initials to make sure they were cool, or at least not bad. (GMC is pretty cool, the rest are just not bad)

guess it looks harder now, but really wasn't. My dd has the name my oldest would have had if he were a girl, my youngest has the name my middle child would have if she were a boy. Really once we get a name we like it :).

Upvote 0

onlooker

Dec 7, 2005
Michigan
✟709.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I come from a large family of "T's" Tim, Tammy, Teri, Tracy, and myself, Troy. Tammy married Tom and had Trennette and Tanner. Tracy married Tracy...that's always fun. There's also a Tyler and Toya in the mix.
My first wife said we definately wouldn't follow that trend. So, our son was named Anthony from a friend of mine that passed away shortly before his birth. Our daughter Emily was named after my (ex)wife's grandmother.
I married Tina. She already had Tabitha and Taylor. When we found out we were having twins, she decided two more "T's" would be fun. So, together we have Terra and Troy Jr.

Upvote 0

~Mrs. A2J~

According to your faith will it be done to you
Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our daughter's name is Katheryn Elise. I wanted to name her Katelynn and hubby wanted to name her Katrina so Katheryn was a bit of a compromise. Elise is my middle name and I really liked that Katheryn Elise together meant "pure oath of God".

Reactions: Redguard
Upvote 0

Zoomer

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟12,330.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Isabella-- it's one of the few names we could agree on and I like girly classic names. Her middle name is just something we thought sounded good with it.

Liam-- I have loved the name since high school..thank goodness my husband liked it too :). His first middle name is my husband's first name and his second middle name is my maiden name.

Upvote 0

BBShopMom

Feb 28, 2005
Ohio
Visit site
✟351.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My daughter is Alexa. I name I first heard as the name of Billy Joel's daughter. He is one of my favorites and I loved that name the first time I heard it.

My son is Jamison. We could not come up with a boy name that we both just loved. We spend an entire flight from Ohio to Florida while I was expecting with a baby name book and looked at every name in the thing. That night, my husband had a dream that our son was born and his name was Jamison. For some reason it never caught our eye before but we both loved it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 5, 2005
✟19,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Victoria Angel - It was a name we both thought sounded beautiful but also lent itself to a simple nick name if she was't girly. Tori

Jayden Juliette - We struggled to find a name we both agreed on. We wanted one that wasn't too popular and my husband wanted to nickname her JJ. Unfortunately we found out later that it was a popular boys name.

Connor Shay - My husband found out he has strong celtic heritage and so he wanted to celebrate that with our sons name. It is also very similar to myhusbands name. We didn't realize that until a few weeks later when my mom and the great grandparents kept switching them around.

Upvote 0

5stringJeff

Aug 17, 2005
GA
✟9,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Our son's name is Josiah Brighton. Josiah, if one reads, was the most zealous of the kings of Judah, and did everything in his power to destroy the foreign gods in Judah and Israel and to serve the Lord. There's a great guy to be named after! Brighton was my wife's favorite name, which supposedly in Hebrew means "one who is loved," though I also foudn it to mean "a Briton" in Olde English. In any case, that's his middle name.

Reactions: suzybeezy
Upvote 0

KristyAnne

Veteran
Sep 17, 2005
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My DD is Isabel Rosemary. Isabel I'd never especially liked until I heard it on the TV show Roswell. I liked how it sounded (she's not actually named for the character though :) ). Rosemary is my mother's name.

This one will be either Lily Diane, or Kallan Thomas (Diane is my MIL, Thomas is the middle name of my FIL, everyone calls him Tom. It's also the middle name of DH).

Reactions: Diane_Windsor
Upvote 0

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We got stuck in a rut ;)
Amelia Marie
Aaron Michael
Anna Marcella
Alexandra Marissa
Abram Micah
Allen Matthew
Andrew Moses
Amos Manasseh
Angelina Millie

The only one who is specifically named after a family member is my youngest~ Millie is my grandmother's name and she turned 90 that summer, so we used it as a middle name.

All the other names were names that both DH & I felt were "right" while I was pregnant. They all have great meanings too. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JoannaJoy said:
What did you/will you name your children, and why?

Cool thread :thumbsup:

You might like these threads:

Favourite Babies Names!
Naming Children: The Rules

I don't have kids, but I already have some ideas on what to name any future kiddies. Here are my Rules. As for my parents, both my brother and I got our names because our parents liked them :doh: BORING :yawn: :sleep: I was nearly an Allison Michelle-my parents liked this name because it is the reverse of my brother's initials. And if I were a boy then I would have been Geoffrey though I don't know why.

DIANE

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a fun thread!

Joshua Franklin - He ended up with this name because my husband and I couldn't agree on a name. So we compromised and I got the first name and he got the middle name. Needless to say, my son's not to thrilled with his name.

Janese Lezli - Her first name is a combo of my Mom's name - Jane and my aunt who just passed aways name Janis. Lezli is for my Dad's middle name Leslie

Zachariah Michael - His birth mother named him 3 names Zachariah Michael Howard. When she was deciding on a name she let me have an input, and I chose Michael so he would always have a guardian angel with him. After he was adopted, we dropped the Howard. He insists people call him Zachariah - he doesn't like to be called Zachary. Funny, huh?

Daniel David. His birth mother named him Franklin Daniel Vineyard. That name was so goofy - I couldn't wait until we adopted him so we could change it. We kept the Daniel. David is my husband's middle name.

Upvote 0

sammipher

Blessed stay at home wife and mommy.
Mar 1, 2004
The wonderful south.
✟10,406.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lilly-Rose: I named my first cabbage patch doll Lilly-Rose when I was 5 yrs old. I still have the birth certificate. Rose is also in the names of my mother and grandmother. Plus all the names we picked before hand were kind of trendy or hubby thought they were too weird(I have a trendy name and trust me it is awful when you are in school). I really didn't want her to have a name that either 25 kids in her class would have or wouldn't really sound right on a 80 yr old woman:) I love old names. So I mentioned the name to hubby. I told him all about my first doll and how I always wanted a baby named lilly-rose...so here she is. Even though I added a extra L...we did have some biblical thought on her name. "Lily of the valley"(Jesus) came to mind. I can't wait for our next child....that is part of the fun of the whole miracle of life. Giving names that just mean something from your heart.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blue Impulse said:
Abigail Taylor, "Dao Xuan"

Abigail is a biblical name, a strong wise and faithful woman of integrity (also happens to be a Catholic Saint which didn't come into the decision process at the time but I'm so glad that it applies now :D). The name is hebrew for "Father's joy" or "Joy of the Father", also "Source of Joy" sometimes.

~ ~
Tradition also says that Abigail was one of the 4 most beautiful women in the Bible (along with Sarah, Esther, and Rahab). And judging from her pictures, your little Abby is following in her namesake's footsteps there. She's one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. :)

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My oldest is Emily Maudena. We planned on naming her Amber up until I was about 8 months pregnant...by that time she just didn't feel like an Amber to me anymore (besides, my hubby said it sounded slightly stripper-ish). We easily decided on Emily. Her middle name belonged to my grandmother who I never met...she died when my mom was 11 in a car accident. My mom was really honored that we chose that middle name...though I'm quite sure Em will hate us for it later in life, lol.

My little one is Eden Rae. I've loved the name Eden ever since I was a little girl. I used to watch that old soap opera Santa Barbara, and my favorite couple was Cruz and Eden. Not to mention the obvious biblical reference...and Eden means paradise. For me there was never really any alternative for a name with her...it just had to be Eden. Her middle name was a bit of a struggle. We'd planned on making her middle name Lynn (both my mom, my MIL, and my SIL have that middle name), but it just seemed a little plain next to Eden. So for 2 days in the hospital she had no middle name...and the ladies in the office downstairs were NOT HAPPY with me for that. Finally my mom suggested Eden Raine...I LOVED it, but my hubby thought it sounded too hippy, lol. So we went with the more traditional Rae. Now I wish I'd spent a bit more time talking him into Eden Raine...so beautiful, and I have always loved the rain..but, oh well. :)

Upvote 0