What day of the week was Jesus resurrected? And how do we know?

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No one is saved who is under the Old Covenant.
No one is lost who is under the New Covenant

Bob I am rather bamboozled by you lack of coherent response thereof.

The question is.....

Are you saying those under the Old Covenant did enter God's rest? Yes/No

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I concur!
Having said that God is not a fleshly parent. God is Spirit (John 4:24).
Jesus said.....
23a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23-24)

The Law is spiritual by application, because our Father in Heaven is Spirit.

Paul testifies to this.....
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. (Romans 7:14)
I asked a question... what does honouring our parents look like without a literal, physical manifestation?

Is it just a knowledge of respect to our fathers and mothers... or do we manifest it through spending time with them, telling them your love and appreciation of them?

It is both. The same as the Sabbath rest...

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I asked a question... what does honouring our parents look like without a literal, physical manifestation?

Is it just a knowledge of respect to our fathers and mothers... or do we manifest it through spending time with them, telling them your love and appreciation of them?

It is both. The same as the Sabbath rest...

Respecting God our Father, requires entering his rest, by resting from our works of disobedience, which means denying the body of sin. We need to do this 24 hours 7 days a week.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Respecting God our Father, requires entering his rest, by resting from our works of disobedience, which means denying the body of sin. We need to do this 24 hours 7 days a week.
Sounds good... however, that is spiritual application. Where is the physical component to the Commandment?

Also, what happened to my question of how one honours their parents spiritually and physically? How about... how do we refrain from taking God's name in vain in a spiritual sense vs a physical? Or idol worship? Is it now only spiritual idolatry that offends God?

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sounds good... however, that is spiritual application. Where is the physical component to the Commandment?

That is just it, the heart of flesh is a spiritual application of the law. It is intrinsically motivated, to self-regulate fleshly actions owing to the body of sin and to own your faith by being a life long learner from the Holy Spirit, who teaches and reveals all things pertaining to the Spirit, for God is Spirit (John 4:24)

Also, what happened to my question of how one honours their parents spiritually and physically?

Jesus answered this question, by giving the parable of the two sons. The son who was instrinsically motivated, felt compelled to do his father's will (request), regardless of his fleshly carnal mind answering no in the first place. So it becomes yes yes and yes in Christ Jesus, because we live by the Spirit and those things are demonstrable by our outward works. Though God as our Father assesses us at the source, which is the heart. One can say yes and do what the yes is in the physical sense, but the deceiving heart may be in the no territory and yet God will asses that person at the source, regardless of the yes in the physical.

How about... how do we refrain from taking God's name in vain in a spiritual sense vs a physical?

If we come to him as a broken and contrite heart, then we have already been assessed and found to be pleasing to him, regardless of works. If He wants those works to be demonstratable and He will compel us to follow through. In my experience God deals with us dynamically and I have found that seldomly He would expect us to follow through, unless He deems it necessary.

Our hearts intentions are assessed and considered by God as already been done. Whether we follow through or not is His call and he would compel our contrite and broken hearts if need be. God is the Master of efficiency and Master Chest Player.

Or idol worship?

Idolatry is assessed inwardly in the heart, because God does not always require a follow through of the heart. There is good reason, because we fickle humans can become boastful, without knowing it. So God regulates our future by metting what he deems an incorruptible future legacy that does not result in a boastful nature. Paul spoke about this boastful nature that can arise during sanctification and even contended with his carnal ways towards the end of his ministry.

Is it now only spiritual idolatry that offends God?

It was always idolatry originating from the heart that offended God. There are many extrinsically restrained from idolatry by displaying it in the physical, but God knows, that when the restraint is lifted the heart was always weighing heavily on idolatry.

Take for example the children of Israel. No sooner did they receive the written code, they resort to idolatry when the opportunity arose.

Intrinsically motivated to own your faith, produces a regenerative new born, has entered God's rest and is at harmony with God's heart. As Jesus said you in me and I in you.

Remember the restraint spoken of in scripture.......
23Before the coming of this faith,we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.25Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

The guardian (written code) was the restrainer.

Now that the faith in Jesus is revealed and by the Spirit we are born a new creation, we no longer apply the law outwardly, but inwardly in the heart of flesh.

So the restrainer is now become the Comforter.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Dear and beloved @EastCoastRemnant

I wanted to exchange the term conviction for the term compel in my previous post. I truly believe that the Holy Spirit does convict us, to manifest the works of God physically, within the earthly realm, however it is not like a sausage machine, where you press here and you get the same response every time. These works are not deliberate, but are strategic and purposeful, according to how God dispenses them in every individual, throughout their lives.

These works do manifest dynamically from time to time, as I stated previously that God works dynamically and not statically like an input/output sausage machine. If we find ourselves in a routine or a comfort zone. We know that this comfort zone and routine was historically from a faith context, repugnant to God, in the way he rebuked the Israelites as follows.....

11“The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the Lord. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
12When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? 13Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. 14Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.15When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers,I am not listening. (Isaiah 1:11-15)

God charges them with blood on their hands, even though they appeared outwardly to be doing the right thing, that the written code required of them.

God saw exactly what I have been trying to get across to you, that is....God hates routine, where the Church becomes set in her ways and takes comfort in her physical works, because they can. However, even though the Israelites appear to be physically doing the right thing by keeping all the above, they in God's assessment, were failing miserably in their hearts, which is the source of goodness or evil.

That is why God exposes them, by saying I don't won't your static input/output sausage like machine routine, I wanted you to be convicted inwardly, and he instructs them to......

16Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong. 17Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. 18“Come now, let us settle the matter,”

The second witness in scripture also ratifies what God has always wanted....

21“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. 22Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. 23Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps.24But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream! 25“Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?

God works in the new born dynamically and when we keep the code, we are applying it in our hearts 24 hours 7 days a week. God doesn't need us to get into a routine to show him our obedience or our observance of resting from our works of flesh, which is the body of sin. We are resting, when we allow the Comforter who is the Lord of the Sabbath, to convict our hearts when he deems it necessary.

If we set ourselves up for a physical obedience routine to be seen that we are doing the right thing, then God when he removed the guardian/restrainer (written code) and replaced it with the Comforter, no longer requires the routine of Old Covenant practices, on the contrary he now requires the heart to be in the right place, so that he can work dynamically when he says so and at his choosing.

This is where Jesus said.......

1Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matthe 6:1-4)

When we enter God's rest, we are at rest from our works of disobedience and we are not blowing trumpets announcing it, but letting only God to see what is done in the secret place of the heart.

Let me give you an example.

People say what is the difference between the 7DA who keep the Sabbath and those who keep Sunday?

Difference being that those who keep Sunday, do so to anounce and to celebrate the Lord's resurrection, whilst the 7DA do so because they believe and also anounce that they are keeping the Law.

As soon as you tie the Law to the day and to anounce it, you are blowing the trumpets and unwittingly assigning a guardian (written code) in place of the Comforter who came down on Pentecost to remove it and to set Himself up as the Law, Jury, Judge and Executioner.

Remember the verse......

23Before the coming of this faith,we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.25Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Our custodian is no longer the written code, but is the Conforter.

11In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, (very important)12in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory. (Ephesians 1:11-14)

Until redemption, meaning until we are raised into our incorruptible heavenly bodies.

So who is our guardian after Pentecost?
Who do we boast about?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God saw exactly what I have been trying to get across to you, that is....God hates routine, where the Church becomes set in her ways and takes comfort in her physical works, because they can. However, even though the Israelites appear to be physically doing the right thing by keeping all the above, they in God's assessment, were failing miserably in their hearts, which is the source of goodness or evil.

Interesting that you are reproofing SDA's for doing as God Commanded, which is not routine but honourable and Biblical compared to the EO liturgical routine that you participate in which is ceremonial in the extreme.

People say what is the difference between the 7DA who keep the Sabbath and those who keep Sunday?

Difference being that those who keep Sunday, do so to anounce and to celebrate the Lord's resurrection, whilst the 7DA do so because they believe and also anounce that they are keeping the Law.
Another fallacy of the SDA's. You well might imagine this to be so but I can assure you it is not. We honour the Sabbath Commandment just as we do the other nine because of the natural outpouring of love we have for God, being already Justified through Christ's blood.

The difference between the two covenants is this... in the 1st, salvation was through obedience to the Law with the ceremonial sacrifices pointing to a better justification through faith.

The 2nd was through the atoning blood of Christ. The Law however was not done away with and it still shows God our love for Him through our obedience to it. The Law was in place from before creation as it was what condemned Lucifer, Cain, the antediluvians etc. and has been a representation of God's Character to which we emulate through the love of His Spirit in us.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Getting in on this late and may have missed someone else make this point, but there were two Sabbaths during the Passover week. the day of Passover itself and the weekly Sabbath.

And when is the feast of First Fruits? The day after the weekly Sabbath of Passover week (Lev 23), which would be Sunday by most folk's reckoning. And who is Yeshua? The first fruit of the resurrection (1Cor 15:20). Everything Yeshua did was laid out in the Tanakh (OT). And the Lord is quite a stickler when it comes to the Feast days. He calls them holy convocations, or rehearsals. They are rehearsals of both Yeshua's first and second coming.

I would go so far to say that even the most obscure detail about Yeshua was laid out in the Tanakh. Even the woman caught in adultery that the leadership wanted to stone (John 8:3). Many textual scholars have poo poo'd that story in John and claim it was a later addition to the text. But we see the allusion to this event in Jeremiah 17. Folks wonder, what did Yeshua write in the dirt during this event? I contend it was the names of the accusers per Jeremiah 17:13. And in verse 14, we see the response of the woman. The event occurred during the festival of the water pouring at the temple on the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles. The water poured at the Temple is called "living water" and is drawn from the pool of Siloam. On this day, Yeshua called Himself the Living Water (John 7:37-38). And this goes back to Jeremiah 17 again.

Every detail of Yeshua was laid out long before He came. Even what the name of the Messiah would be is laid out in Zechariah 6:11-12. The Messiah's name would be Yeshua (shortened version of Yehoshua (Joshua), just like Jim is a shortened version of James), the branch of David.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Interesting that you are reproofing SDA's for doing as God Commanded, which is not routine but honourable and Biblical compared to the EO liturgical routine that you participate in which is ceremonial in the extreme.

If you follow my postings on other threads, you will find me also reproofing EO Church, but as for Liturgy, do you know what it is all about?

The worship is routine, but the act of coming before God's feet before he judges us deserving to partake of his flesh and his blood, so that we as a human altar are sanctified into his body and his blood of his covenant.

Just like before firing a ballastic missile into space, there are step by step procedures in preparation before the final lift off. Liturgy encompasses prayers which are in preparation to the partaking of the flesh and blood of Christ.

We don't put the Law into remembrance like the 7DA, for this is where we part ways on the issue of worship, but we follow Jesus by placing the atoning blood of Christ into remembrance, week in and week out. Every day in the evenings there are 30 minute Liturgical prayers that lead us up to the eighth day, the resurrection of Christ, which we announce and celebrate on Sunday, because Jesus blood is greater than the Law that he wrote for man and gave onto Moses.

The Law was the old covenant guardian as Paul said, but now we have another guardian, a custodian in God the Holy Spirit, who is the Lord of the Sabbath, dwelling in our hearts of flesh.

We honour the Sabbath Commandment just as we do the other nine because of the natural outpouring of love we have for God, being already Justified through Christ's blood.

It is the other way around friend. The Old Covenant fathers of faith were ALREADY justified (past tense) by the honouring of the Sabbath Commandment AND NOW, in the last days as Peter would say, we are justified in Christ for the natural outpouring of love we have for God through Christ and his Cross only. For we follow where ever the Shepherd takes us, for we are his sheep.

The difference between the two covenants is this... in the 1st, salvation was through obedience to the Law with the ceremonial sacrifices pointing to a better justification through faith

Not only that, it was placing one's entire being in the hands of the Law and obedience to the law, regardless of its ceremonial sacrifices. It was the only thing they had back then. In Revelation of Jesus, these are those who sing the song of Moses and who obey the word of God as his servants of old covenant Israel, we are the other group, who carry olive branches and sing the song of the Lamb and to make our garments white by the blood of the lamb. We are not sanctified by the law, but by the blood of the lamb. They were sanctified by their obedience to the word concerning the written code.

The 2nd was through the atoning blood of Christ. The Law however was not done away with and it still shows God our love for Him through our obedience to it.

Your obedience to God is Christ centred and the written code is no longer that justified and obedience is not to the Law, but to Christ who is become our Law and he being our Law, we no longer focus on the Law, but on him, for when we do, we are found pleasing to God. To show obedience to the written code is to have one foot justified in the Law in showing to God the Father partial love and another foot justified in Christ in showing to God the Father partial love. This would not suffice because all our being must be in Christ Jesus, for our obedience is no longer to the Law, in showing obedience and love to God the Father, but is solely vested in Christ.

The Law was in place from before creation as it was what condemned Lucifer, Cain, the antediluvians etc. and has been a representation of God's Character to which we emulate through the love of His Spirit in us.

Past is not present. You cannot cut and paste obedience to God from the past to the present, the application to show God our love has changed, because now God seeks obedience to all the Law through his Son. EO Church vests its obedience to all the Law through the Son.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Paul defines that the Law is Christ Jesus.

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

The new born in Christ are a law onto themselves, thou they do not have the Law and don't follow it according to Old Covenant Sabbaths.

But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. 12 When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. 13 As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.

We cannot have one foot justified in the circumcision of the flesh, according to the written code and the other foot circumcised in the Spirit, according to being one with Christ Jesus.

We either are one with the written code or one with Christ Jesus.

Partial love is a form of spiritual idolatry to the point where love and obedience to God are not solely Christ centred and are tied to cut and paste of the past justification and sanctification through the partial keeping of the Law. The literal Sabbath becomes another Christ (anointing), separated from Christ Jesus.

The EO Church makes Christ Jesus the centre of justification and the guardian who is the Holy Spirit as the sanctifier, who sees us through, even onto redemption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Showing God the Father that we love him and obey him is vastly different in application to the keeping of the Sabbath, within the Old Covenant context.

You know that we cannot pick and choose things of the past written code to merit the importance of complying with all the Law. When theologians say, that the written code within the context of the Mosaic Law, was nailed to the Cross, they are transferring the focus away from the life of a believer under the Law, to the life of a believer under the Cross.

The point being, when God said that everything has been given over to the Son, He means everything and so as Paul stated, that Christ must continue to reign by his Cross, until he subjugates all his enemies and the last enemy being death itself. When he returns, his Cross would have made subjects that were written in the book of life, before the creation of the world. Then Christ becomes subject to the Father, because his Cross would have run its course in making subjects/disciples of the world.

In conclusion, we can discern that the Cross is the Law that we serve, in glorifying the Father, honouring the Son and abiding by the Power of His Holy Spirit. The Ten Comandments are the Cross, whereby the Sabbath is remaining at the feet of the Cross and in so doing, we are entering God's rest and resting from our fleshly works of disobedience (body of Sin).

To convey to the Father any other obedience, other than the Cross as the focal point to receive the Father's Love, is to flirt with another lover of the past. The Holy Sabbath no longer becomes Cross centred in this case, and therefore centred around another lover of the past, that arouses the Father's jealousy and in doing so, the very act to achor God's Law to a 24 hour day of the week, is likened to the raising of the golden calf, that the Israelites raised, shortly after receiving the commandments. So after we have received the Cross, we can no longer raise another Law giver in His stead, in this regard Jesus Christ becomes the precious stone, covering all the Law, through the guardian and custodian God the Holy Spirit, who assesses us based on our remaining under the feet of the Cross. That is why the Cross is hated by the world, especially the Jews who hold to dear heart the other lover, who has enslaved them and kept them under bondage and condemnation.

My apologies, enough said. Thankyou.

Upvote 0