Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for admitting that "the proclamation was for those who try to enter other than official crossing sites" because in doing so you're admitting that the proclamation was to ILLEGALLY turn them away. It doesn't matter where they enter, they do NOT have to enter at a designated port of entry or "official crossing sites" (a term you made up), they can enter ANYWHERE and ask for asylum and by our own law they cannot be turned away.

You really should understand the law before you make claims defending Trump's breaking of the law. You've just put your ignorance on full display. Keep on digging...
Perhaps understand as well when you have thousands trying to enter illegally the executive branch can take measures to enforce the sovereignty of the country.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Perhaps understand as well when you have thousands trying to enter illegally the executive branch can take measures to enforce the sovereignty of the country.

Any violation of the law is an offense against the sovereignty of a country. So illegally turning away refugees is no different in that respect than crossing the border illegally.

Statues of the law show her as blindfolded for a reason. It applies to all equally.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nations are sovereign because they have borders.

I would have said nations are sovereign because they derive their powers from the consent of the governed for the purpose of securing natural rights.

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would have said nations are sovereign because they derive their powers from the consent of the governed for the purpose of securing natural rights.
True and then they elect officials to protect those rights.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What you don't understand is that by law if they are entering to seek asylum then they are NOT entering illegally. You don't even know the law.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you don't understand is that by law if they are entering to seek asylum then they are NOT entering illegally. You don't even know the law.
To claim refugee status? Ports of Entry are legal. Digging under the wall is not.

Upvote 0

RobD0123

Jan 18, 2019
Jacumba
✟15,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I do not pretend to understand any one person's stance, whether it is Technology (Virtual Wall), or if it is a physical barrier. As I am not a mind reader, I will not claim to know why certain people want what they want. I also will not judge anyone or call them names, as if I am morally superior to them.
That being said...
I grew up in and currently live in a very small border town. The town has maybe 500 people, if that. When I was young our town was literally flooded with people who lived in the border town in Mexico. Not all of them were bad people, most in fact were very nice people. But, the bad deeds were more noticeable than the good ones. Guns, drugs and people were crossing through our town every day. The word "Flooded" is not an exaggeration. People I grew up with realized that there was great money to be made in the smuggling business, and they made money hand over fist smuggling everything from guns, to marijuana, to heroin, to people. Stuff was stolen from property, dogs were poisoned if they were known to bark at passers by. I myself was beat up as a child by immigrants and smugglers alike. I also had a gun pulled on me when I was 15 because I wouldn't give up my candy on Halloween. It was pretty wild.

During the previous and earlier administrations a Huge Barrier was put up on the border.

Now, it is few and far between that we see illegal crossing, or smuggling of any kind. The streets are safer then they once were, in the sense that our children do not have to worry about stumbling on illegal activities, like I did when I was young. The kids have far less temptation to make the "easy money" by smuggling drugs, as many of my friends did when I was in high school.

Our town water company still generously provides water, directly piped to the houses across the border. Families separated by the huge barrier still have contact, but they have to use the traditional ports of entry. Many of my friends were separated from aunts and uncles and other relatives. They were a bit upset at first, but understood the need to stop the flood of violence and smuggling. Many of those relatives took the proper steps needed to legally to live here with their family. Two of my best friends who have family across the border are currently working as U.S. Border Patrol Agents.

Do I honestly know who has the best ideas for securing the borders? No.
Am I about to judge others for what they think should be done? No

The only real knowledge that I have is the personal experience of a border that had an unguarded road with a barbed wire fence that could be moved to allow for vehicles to come and go. And what we have now, a huge barrier that was being worked on as recent as three or four years ago.

When that barrier was voted on and passed, was it as immoral as it is being said to be now?
I don't know. All I know is that there is a huge difference in the immigration related crime that was and the crime that is.

I absolutely believe that people should be permitted to enter and become part of our great country. I just thought I would present a story that I know to be fact, because I lived it, daily.

I tend to write a lot. I apologize if what I wrote struck a nerve or offended anyone. I just wanted to share my experiences.

Thank You

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To claim refugee status? Ports of Entry are legal. Digging under the wall is not.
Wrong. It doesn't matter where they cross the border. Again, you are ignorant of the law. I have even provided you with a link in an earlier post of mine that explains the law clearly (and links to it) and still you choose to pretend the law is different from what it actually is. Are you just not reading my responses or are you just choosing to deny reality?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong. It doesn't matter where they cross the border. Again, you are ignorant of the law. I have even provided you with a link in an earlier post of mine that explains the law clearly (and links to it) and still you choose to pretend the law is different from what it actually is. Are you just not reading my responses or are you just choosing to deny reality?
Crossing other than at designated ports of entry is illegal. It has little to do with requesting asylum.

Border agents have no clue if someone who is illegally entering are requesting asylum. The reason is they are supposed to enter at PoEs and declare their status. I think you are confusing two different statuses.

Who says that once surrendering or detained illegal immigrants are refused asylum?

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the law allows fleeing refugees to apply for asylum, even though they arrived illegally (the law was essentially changed to accommodate Cubans fleeing to Florida) then that's the law. One might disagree with it, but that doesn't change anything.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What comes after the wall?

A reduction in sex trafficking
A reduction in child exploitation
A reduction in illegal arms going across the border
A reduction in illegal crossing the border
A reduction in crime.

That’s all I can think of right now.

• Winner
Reactions: Random1234
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

A reduction in crime.

Sounds like claims for Snake Oil. Which, I guess, it is.

Particularly since violent crime is down in America, precisely in those places with the most illegal aliens.

But this isn't about reality for Trump, is it?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

A reduction in crime.

That’s all I can think of right now.
The wall is going to prevent white male US military veterans from doing those things? How so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The wall is going to prevent white male US military veterans from doing those things? How so?

It’s always the white males, why is that always the fall back response?

Regarding the veteran part, I take issue with you. But I understand the propaganda. Don’t agree with it, but understand it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It’s always the white males, why is that?

Regarding the veteran part, I take issue with you. But I understand the propaganda. Don’t agree with it, but understand it.
LOL, you "take issue" - whatever. When I see headlines like this it's clear:
Marine veteran kills 12 in shooting rampage at California bar

You look like a white male, maybe you can tell us why it's always the white males doing this stuff. Maybe because you guys love guns so much and it's a bad combination with the brain disease from the war PTSD?

If you were going to eat a bowl of M&M's and I told you that only ONE was poisoned would you eat any of them? No. That's why I don't trust white male US veterans - they have the brain diseases that make them do these crimes.

So how is the wall going to stop them as you were saying it would? You seem to have no explanation for that - probably you just threw it out there without thinking and out of a prejudice you have.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You look like a white male, maybe you can tell us why it's always the white males doing this stuff. Maybe because you guys love guns so much and it's a bad combination with the brain disease from the war PTSD?

I look like a white male? You need glasses.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you were going to eat a bowl of M&M's and I told you that only ONE was poisoned would you eat any of them? No. That's why I don't trust white male US veterans - they have the brain diseases that make them do these crimes.

If that is your reasoning that only one is enough to not trust any of them, you must obviously not trust any middle eastern decent soldiers then either

One killed 13 at Fort Hood.

He had a brain disease.

That would be all the reason for you to not trust white males, middle eastern males.

Or is it still just the white males?

Upvote 0